Toy Story Playland (General discussion)

Started by Kristof, August 06, 2008, 01:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TimmyTimmyTimmy

Quote from: "Festival Disney";)

Source: Ambasadeur DLP Facebook

It looks just as good as the rest of WDS. The way they made these new photo spots is just what one might expect from this new place. In a way it´s almost like having two RC racers in one park with that model standing there and point to the sky with the now typical "WDSorange" track. If one loves bright orange, one has to love the fences that surround the area. Talk about bright and colorful! Carsland in DCA will never be as orange as that!
I noticed that the ground looks like mudd. That´s a good thing since it is supposed to be in a garden.
Looks like the fans of DLRP will finally get what Disney think they deserve... and know will accept.

Somebody mentioned the view from the war tower... I think it is a fair view of the park and how it looks. Another proof of how much time was put into designing and planning this land of toy is the movie studio.

tubbsy

Actually I dont like the "mud" round RC there. If its made of the type of cement I think its made of, a few hundred people climbing up to have  a photo with RC thats gonna crumble and then we'll get some barrier round it to stop you going near  :?

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

seanmartina

Its just so wrong, they did not think to much about the looks from other areas, you can see it from the stunt show, big green tower.. and the view from up there is just not what you want to see, pipes roofs, air con, a bit of mesh or something to screen it... the land is not up to the usuall disney standard,  come on we expect a lot better from our park.. they are capable of it!!!

dagobert

Quote from: "seanmartina"Its just so wrong, they did not think to much about the looks from other areas, you can see it from the stunt show, big green tower.. and the view from up there is just not what you want to see, pipes roofs, air con, a bit of mesh or something to screen it... the land is not up to the usuall disney standard,  come on we expect a lot better from our park.. they are capable of it!!!

You are absolutely right, we expect a lot better from Disney. I don't visit a Disney Park to see the backstage areas.
Hopefully the bamboo will grow so that we can't see the green tower from everywhere. Maybe it will be better covered when Hollywood Blvd gets an expansion.

pussinboots

Here are some pictures that better highlight all the details:
http://www.newsdlrp.com/dlp-143-toy-sto ... etiez.html

At the risk of overdoing it and becoming one of those senselessly joyous people who buy Jeff Dunham ring tones off the television, I really find it quite delightful, all the references and whimsical little details. I mean, the pushpin is a light source! Brilliant.

Also, about all those people lamenting the views of backstage areas or air conditioning units, perhaps it's worth recalling that for the past eight years, the park has not so much failed to hide that particular aesthetic as rejoiced in it. I don't mean to say that that makes it okay, but that if we can live with the rest of the park, which will likely continue to revel in corrugated metal and bare concrete for quite some time, surely we can tolerate the sight of the walled-off Costuming building another two years... And surely the wall will get a temporary do-over.

Pizzaplanet

Quote from: "dagobert"Hello from Austria to Germany!

I can't agree more on what you have said about Disney of today. Every new attraction is either based on Pixar or on Princesses. Nothing new and original.

Can't wait to hear your thoughts and impressions about TSPL after your returning from DLRP. Hopefully your children will like the new Toy Story land.

Hello dagobert!!

Thanks for the welcome and greetings to Austria.

I'm sure that my kids will like Toy Story Playland, but I'm not sure if I will like it. It is indeed very sad what's happening at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. NExt year we are planning a trip to Florida, but we will shorten our trip to WDW and plan to go to Universal instead. I can't wait to see Harry Potter. That's what I expect drom WDI. I know it's not possible in Paris, because of the financial issues, but I'm sure many people are happy with TSPL. But Ratatouille will be a great addition to WDS.

Quote from: "seanmartina"Its just so wrong, they did not think to much about the looks from other areas, you can see it from the stunt show, big green tower.. and the view from up there is just not what you want to see, pipes roofs, air con, a bit of mesh or something to screen it... the land is not up to the usuall disney standard,  come on we expect a lot better from our park.. they are capable of it!!!

Well said, I'm with you on that. Disney can do better, but the kids will love the new land. I expect Disney to build the greatest attractions in the themepark business and not Universal.
Nevertheless WDS receives new attractions and I hope that TSPL will shorten the queues of Crush's Coaster.

Pizzaplanet

Thanks for the link, pussinboots. The theming looks wonderful. I didn't expect that.

I'm with you that WDS didn't hide the ugly sides in previous years. That's a reason why I don't like that park that much. For me it is not really a Disney park, but the park improved a lot in recent years, e.g. Tower of Terror or Toon Studio, and that's why I think they could have done better with Toy Story Playland. After seeing some pictures, I like the land, because it is very well themed, but nevertheless WDI made some mistakes with the green tower.

owenwoods

I agree that you can see the future construction works from the top of the parachute drop ride, as i was one of the first members of the public to try out the new rides when they opened the land to the general public on Friday 13th @ about 18.15.I also got 2 rides on RC Racer with no queue!The queuing track is VERY long ,so expect long queues from the 17th Aug.The themeing is the best in the Studios and people should praise Disney for putting so much detail in and less on a few visable rooftops.

Anthony

Standard issue article from today's Times:

Anthony

Things I like about Toy Story Playland #133: The stickers on the RC Racer entrance are already peeling off.

:)

15MagicalYears

I think the sticker peeling effect is really cute, but I don't think that both of them peeling looks soo good. Maybe just one would have looked better?

JelleP

The website newsdlrp.com released great new pictures from TSPL! First: RC Racer... (Source: link)

[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

ed-uk

The themeing of the land looks very good. I can't really find fault with it.
Ed & David

tubbsy

Its great to see all the little details in RCs queue line-love the Mattel 2010 and the name and date-great little details. Also great to see as I wont ever do the queue line as I wont be riding it!  :lol:

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

TimmyTimmyTimmy

It will be interesting to see if they will be able to keep the colors from being faded in the sun. Since the buildings have alot "clean" areas with one color only and no shades and shadowing it will show staining and fading much easier than other more typical disney themepark buildings.

That ride still looks as ugly as when they first showed it of. I do understand why the disney fan base comunity is disliking it. A few nice details that I see here and there do not make up for a bad idea and cheap off-the-shelf style ride that RC racer is.
TSPL sure has alot of fences! Is that a part of the theme or just a bad solution?

...the car doesn´t even look like a hotwheel car at all. Talk about getting the most important element for the theme of this ride all wrong! I know that it is a RC racer... but what is it doing on that track then?
Here is how some REAL hotwheel cars look: