Toy Story Playland (General discussion)

Started by Kristof, August 06, 2008, 01:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

15MagicalYears

My goodness, I can't see it.

once.upon.a.dream

i cant see it either?!!!
DLP offsite July 2009, DLP Santa Fe Jan 2010, DLP Santa Fe March 2011, WDW All Stars Movies Sept 2011, DLP Santa Fe Sept 2012, DLP Santa Fe April 2013, DLP Newport Bay Dec 2014

Next trip - DLP Disneyland Hotel December 2015

Kristof

Seriously?  :lol:   It's right in the middle, above the sweepers.

Magic M

Those are bamboo?  They are massive!!!

15MagicalYears

Really? I considered them but didn't think they looked like bamboo.

Kristof

Quote from: "Magic M"Those are bamboo?  They are massive!!!

Yeah it's there to make you feel smaller, bring more shade and greenery all year long to the park and to block out some of the visual intrusion as well.  Expect to see a lot more of that bamboo the coming weeks.  :)

guest3474

Quoteblock out some of the visual intrusion as well.

Surely the bamboo won't block out the top of RC Racer and Parachute Drop ? Therefore I think it is likely that some adjustments to Hollywood Blvd. may be made, however trivial.
Although the bamboo does add some greenery, it's something the studios has been crying out for, so whilst there is alot of criticism for the project it may be positive in a way!!

Adam

Kristof

QuoteSurely the bamboo won't block out the top of RC Racer and Parachute Drop?

Like I said, some of the visual intrusion.   :wink:

Welcome to magicforum by the way!  :)

guest3474

Thanks Kristof. I was researching TSPL the other week and looked within an 'Unofficial Guide to Disneyland Paris 2010' guidebook where it said along with the 3 main attractions there would be an outdoor playarea, much in the fashion of the one in Disney's Hollywood Studios. Is there any news on whether this plan is still going ahead?

Adam

Kristof

Good question Adam.  I've seen a concept art of a Toy Soldiers themed slide, but this idea was dropped.  I don't believe a large play area was even considered.  (At least not from what I've been told and shown.)

alka1

The same bamboo can be seen in Flik's Fun Faire at DCA. Here are a few pictures of the entrance

dressed up during Christmas time

dagobert

The bamboo is really high. Hopefully it will be high enough to hide TSPL so that it can not be seen from the ToT.

tubbsy

Its looking like it might eventually :)
It'll be interestinbg to see how this all blends into Studios as I felt it lacked a bit of greenery. But obviously I havent seen the park in 2 1/2 years so dont know what Hollywood Boulevard and TOT  has done to the park.
...... I am getting really excited to see all these changes :D :D

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

15MagicalYears

Their making very quick progress!
Hopefully they'll have previews over summer, even just to see the themeing :).

guest3474

Just looking at the DLRPMagic guide, it looks like there is a questioned shop. As for it's location, has the answer been staring us in the face?

Seeing as the majority of the RC Racer queueline is to be outdoors(as shown by the Scalextric concept model), this would mean that the building behind RC is far too big to purely be a queueline. It is miles  :lol: bigger than those for the PD and ZZS , plus the exit door is alot larger than all the others on the building ,and therefore I presume this is for the new store...

Adam-Whip