Toy Story Playland (General discussion)

Started by Kristof, August 06, 2008, 01:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "dagobert"Is Tom Fitzgerald responsible for both TSPL? Did he already design something for DLRP? Does someone know what he has already created for WDI?

In my limited experience, Tom is a nice guy, but most of his work has been film based and the results of how well they have been received has been mixed. He was VP for Story, Script and Media for a while. Some examples of his work have included:

Golden Dreams (He was the writer, and I loved it, but I am in a minority - now history)
Seasons of the Vina (again, I thought this was a delightful attraction, now also history)
Soarin' over California (Ok, a real treasure)
It's Tough to be a Bug (really fun 3D film, perhaps Disney's best)
Ellen's Energy Adventure (so so)
HISTA (ok, not great)
Star Tours (I love this one - he wrote and produced with Tony Baxter)

But you will notice a theme.
since 2001 (many before that)

dagobert

Thanks for the answer, davewasbaloo. So I would say Soarin is his masterpiece, one of Disney's best attractions.

davewasbaloo

O definately, and also Star Tours is up there too (though a lot of that is Tony Baxter too)
since 2001 (many before that)

Anthony

The walkway is open again: http://www.dlrptoday.com/2010/03/27/and ... -playland/

C'est magique.

Tom Fitzgerald is currently 'Executive Vice President, Senior Creative Executive', so Toy Story Playland probably isn't his "baby", he was there in an executive role to make the presentation. I think Kristof met him (as he meets everyone) sometime during the opening of Crush/Cars, so at least here's a senior WDI interested in the Studios.

And again, can we keep the throwing toys out of prams (and heroin references??!) somewhere else, please.

Remco K.

As posted by coasterbob on Themepark.nl:

CafeFantasia

Great find Remco. I wonder where that photo was taken from? Was it taken from the Tower of Terror? Is it an official photo taken by Disney, or one taken by a regular park guest?

bigrossco

doubt it iwll be from tower of terror as wrong angle unless someone on the roof facing that way!

Seems intresting anyway how it would of been taken
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

Anthony

It is from the roof of Tower of Terror - remember this earlier picture?

Shows how much its come along since November!

Remco K.

Quote from: "Alan"Great find Remco. I wonder where that photo was taken from? Was it taken from the Tower of Terror? Is it an official photo taken by Disney, or one taken by a regular park guest?
From what I've read on the Themepark.nl forums, I understand that coasterbob is/has been a CM at The Tower of Terror. From pictures I've seen it seems the CMs have access to the side balconies during the start up of the attraction. So my guess is that the picture has been taken from there.

I'm still not impressed by the rides chosen for Toy Story Playland, but I must at least admit that the theming looks pretty nice. It's still a shame they didn't go for a more unique attraction.

dagobert

Quote from: "Remco K."I'm still not impressed by the rides chosen for Toy Story Playland, but I must at least admit that the theming looks pretty nice. It's still a shame they didn't go for a more unique attraction.

I'm with you on this. I also have to admit that the theming around the rides looks a lot better than expected. It will definately look better than Chester and Hester's Dinorama at WDW. I think that TSPL will pull in a lot of people and so it will be easier to ride Crush's Coaster. I'm not interested in riding any of the TSPL rides and so I will take advantage of the, hopefully, shorter lines of Crush.

Looking on the construction pics it seems that the construction is moving along. Hopefully we will see more pictures taken from ToT.

dagobert

Disney and More has posted an article with pictures about TSPL. Alain talks about the visual intrusion of the rides and he is right that the rides should really not be seen from the ToT. I hope that the imagineers will find a good way to hide them. The visual intrusion and the ride capacity are the biggest problems for me. I think the theming will be better than expected, hopefully.

You can find the article here:
http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2010/ ... e-and.html

Disneydavid

Looking good! I am looking forward to this!

DLP MP3 - The only podcast with onrides RIGHT from the Resort! With ToT ,SM:M2 , Crush\'s Coaster , Star Tours, Peter Pan,  Stitch Live , Panoramique , BTM  and Pirates of the Carribbean! !
For iTunes ] and MP3!

Newest episode.... Toy Story Playland The Tour and Rc RACER!

lil-shawn

The first bamboo arrives at TSPL...
photo found on the facebook site of DLRP times!!

tubbsy

that just took me about 30 seconds to spot! ....."oh yeah!" Lol!

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

never2old

Quote from: "tubbsy"that just took me about 30 seconds to spot! ....."oh yeah!" Lol!

I'm so glad I'm not the only one  :lol: