Disney Village Expansion/Improvements

Started by Kristof, August 21, 2005, 02:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riebi

Oh I´ve seen some great laser shows in the first years. I wouldn´t have something against some action in the air!
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Anthony

When was the horrible rainforest carousel finally removed?! This deserved to be front page news! There's a huge space there now, big enough for a small cafe or something...

Kristof

Quote from: "Anthony"When was the horrible rainforest carousel finally removed?! This deserved to be front page news! There's a huge space there now, big enough for a small cafe or something...

OMG you're right!!! WDI1992 said to me 2 weeks ago: there's something missing here :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

Anthony

Photo:

My camera can pick up speech bubbles.

Reiana

=D>  =D>  =D>
Thank goodness, they removed this thing. I never understood why it was there.
I hope it does not return and is replaced by a nice seating area.

RnRCj

This is sure to cause lots of sadness for DLRP fans all over the world. What will we do without the random-completely-tacky-looking merry-go-round?! :shock:

And changing the subject - does anyone else think the big grey box on top of the Rainforest Cafe looks extremely ugly?

Kristof

Wonder if the carrousel at Downtown Disney next to Rainforest will removed too...

MagicKenny

I actually never saw this carousell in action... never seen it going round and round... :?
Just keep dreaming, just keep dreaming, what do we do, we dreaaamm

Anthony

Quote from: "RnRCj"And changing the subject - does anyone else think the big grey box on top of the Rainforest Cafe looks extremely ugly?
Oh yes. Ideally it'd be good if Rainforest Cafe could expand up into Hurricanes and then the whole building be themed like the Downtown Disney versions. They could incorporate the circular "Key West" bit at the back with the temple theme really easily. Maybe it's too big for them, though?

I got a few photos of the ugliness round there actually:

Not only is the whole thing dirty on the outside, inside you can just see chairs stacked up in what looks like a storeroom.

Martyn

QuoteWhat will we do without the random-completely-tacky-looking merry-go-round?!

Yes, my trips to DLP will actually never be the same again now! It was incredibly random and very pointless and I'm extremely pleased to see its gone!

QuoteAt least they improved it with trees and plants and soon there will be a Starbucks.

I personally think them tree's look too random in the village, there's no 'greenery' anywhere in the village, so random tree's are bound to stick out.

Also is there not a topic about the new Starbucks? Which is again something I'm not too pleased about. In my opinion a Starbucks would ruin the 'authentic' Disney feel that the village had. Placing more common name shops in there will make it just like any other high street.

Quark

Not necessarily. The Downtown Disneys at WDW and in California are full of high street names, yet they are far more pleasant than Disney Village. In fact, *because* there are so many "real" shops in there, the occasional Disney Store feels far more authentic. At Disney Village, wherever you go it's Disney, and more depressingly, they all sell the same stuff.

kmara

Quote from: "Quark"At Disney Village, wherever you go it's Disney, and more depressingly, they all sell the same stuff.

this used to be different; and I hope it will be again someday...
DLP]

March 1995 - Walt Disney World Florida

CentralPlazaPerson

Quote from: "Kristof"
Quote from: "Anthony"When was the horrible rainforest carousel finally removed?! This deserved to be front page news! There's a huge space there now, big enough for a small cafe or something...

OMG you're right!!! WDI1992 said to me 2 weeks ago: there's something missing here :shock:  :shock:  :shock:
Guys I went to DLRP in March and I noticed that the Caroussel wasn't on but it was there. On my way back from the park on my last day it was on. Maybe they just have it during busy times like Christmas and Halloween now.

Anthony

Quote from: "CentralPlazaPerson"Guys I went to DLRP in March and I noticed that the Caroussel wasn't on but it was there. On my way back from the park on my last day it was on. Maybe they just have it during busy times like Christmas and Halloween now.
No, it was there in March as it had been for years and now, in April, it's gone.

The rest of Rainforest Cafe's exterior has had a bit of a spruce-up recently (mushroom lights working, neon logo fixed, crocodile back from the dead), so it seems to be tied to that. Let's hope it's gone for good.

littlemermaid83

Talking about that carosel, they tried to charge me to ride it when all i did was hold DD onto the horse so she didn't fall off....I told them where they could stick there 2 euros.  

Glad to hear its gone.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!