Disney Village Expansion/Improvements

Started by Kristof, August 21, 2005, 02:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

That really is the only answer the whole village needs to be started from scratch it is so ugly its untrue, I have seen better traveling carnivals. There is not one good thing about the place even the new lighting on the trees in the planter is a missed oppertunity, it should have been fairy lights not the coloured spots that you can not even see unless you look very closely.

I Hate:
The floor - faded and worn
Building colour - cold and ugly
Lights - burnt out, damaged, mouldy
attractions - cheap ugly randon!

The place looks like Chernobly!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anthony

I don't think the Village is that bad... certainly not after the new planters and other improvements.

Having said that...

Good lord, is this for real? It looks worse than something you'd find at a local carnival or at a truck stop at the side of the road. I can't stand this current trend of semi-permanent things the restaurants at DLRP are putting up at the moment. There's no reason why this won't be permanent, so just spend the money and do a good job of it.

At least this isn't as bad as the Café Mickey extension, where you pay the same price for a seat in a tent with fewer characters and about as much magic as, well, McDonald's just across the way.

I'm beginning to think when the expansion finally comes, it'll be a series of marquees and caravans.

Remco K.

Another pic of King Ludwig's bar:

Picture posted on the Disney Central Plaza forum by DK.

Owain

Those tent tops/roof remind me an awful lot of the security tents !  :lol:

gemmybear83

These tents are complete, when I was there on Wednesday the fences were taken down and construction workers were putting lights on the new stage in the middle of the village.

Pete's Dragon

I can see the thinking behind them, as they will be 100% waterproof. But look more like the covering for a bouncy castle than a seating area

Anthony

I don't mind the picture above actually. The colours are good. It'd be fine if they were just covered gazebo-type things for the Summer. It's the bare steel frames and ugly walls and doors of the "buildings" that look like a truckstop or your local pub (and a bad pub at that):

Pete's Dragon

Im guessing/hoping they're gonna cover the steel corners with plaster or something to tie it in with the look of Ludwigs

Captain Pan

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"Im guessing/hoping they're gonna cover the steel corners with plaster or something to tie it in with the look of Ludwigs

Good Point there Pete... They Just look so incomplete... And with that steel support it looks unsightly!

Riebi

Oh I think they was incomplete at the time of this pic. I will wait too till a give my opinion. I don´t wanna have that coke-building blame again :lol:
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

dagobert

At the moment I don't like the new building/tent. It looks cheap, but I will wait until it is finished and then I will decide if I like it or not.

Are there any news concerning the World of Disney store?

Riebi

After sleeping about it I´m thinking more and more that the problem aren´t the tents. The problem is the wall behind it. It looks really cheap. I think now it´s the time to make a big step to ONE direction. They could go back to the old style, very modern and minimalistic or the more themed style. But this situation between the two is horrible.

For the information kiosk: Has they changed the color from the former to this new one? I think it´s ok but I liked the old green color more!

Color 1?

Color 2?
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Willow

Its probably the same colour, just the time of day and angle of photograph etc is making the colours look different. I can't see them changing the colour once it already had been half built.

In relation to the steel beams on the Ludwigs tents, it looks very bare and some kind of theming must be going there, it just looks unfinished.

danwills

Looks better than expected:

RnRCj

Horrible. It was better when there was nothing there.

They could have at least used the same roof style as the main King Ludwig's exterior. :?