Disney Village Expansion/Improvements

Started by Kristof, August 21, 2005, 02:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phantom247

Acording to a member of dlp info forum the construction of WORLD OF DISNEY STORE should start around January 2009. they say that this store will be a 2 story structure which will betwice the size of the existing Disney store.

Disney Store to be taken over by well known retailer.

The Buffalo Trading Shop they say closes in December, making way for a Starbucks. Opening before spring 2009.

- Wild West Show is also supposed to close down to be replaced by Zorro, but confirmation on exact date is still missing. Maybe with Buffalo Trading, who knows?

Owain

Quote from: "phantom247"Acording to a member of dlp info forum the construction of WORLD OF DISNEY STORE should start around January 2009. they say that this store will be a 2 story structure which will betwice the size of the existing Disney store.

Disney Store to be taken over by well known retailer.

The Buffalo Trading Shop they say closes in December, making way for a Starbucks. Opening before spring 2009.

- Wild West Show is also supposed to close down to be replaced by Zorro, but confirmation on exact date is still missing. Maybe with Buffalo Trading, who knows?

Wow this sounds great even if its a rumour, although id prefer to keep the WWS !  :(

You should post the World of Disney Store in this topic too :)

//http://www.photosmagiques.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3831&start=30

dagobert

Can someone confirm these rumours? I will believe it when there is an official confirmation.

MagicStar

I Love Buffalo Bill... but I think, its a good idea to show something new.
Although, I don´t like the idea of Zorro.
I feels so -- Un-Disney  :roll:
[size=150]Let\'s put the Walt back in Disney![/size]

experiment627

Quote from: "MagicStar"I Love Buffalo Bill... but I think, its a good idea to show something new.
Although, I don´t like the idea of Zorro.
I feels so -- Un-Disney  :roll:

From wikipedia:
QuoteZorro, a Walt Disney-produced half-hour television series, running from 1957 to 1959, and starring Guy Williams as Zorro. The two Guy Williams-starred features above were episode compilations, and there were two one-hour follow-ups on the Walt Disney anthology television series in the 1959-1960 TV season.

howtodeal

Yeah, i remember this old Zorro show, I used to watch it on the Disney Channel.
I don't think they will stop the show on January, it is mentioned in the Autumn/winter
brouchure, i think they would alert people if they are planning to close it.

Captain Pan

Quote from: "howtodeal"Yeah, i remember this old Zorro show, I used to watch it on the Disney Channel.
I don't think they will stop the show on January, it is mentioned in the Autumn/winter
brouchure, i think they would alert people if they are planning to close it.

I agree with you there... if anything was happening immediately Kristof, Anthony and others would have given us news before now...

Perhaps its a change for Mickey's Magical Party...

We'll have to wait and see...

Luigi

I hope the don't remove the Wild West show, it feels in a way as fundamental part of DLRP and should keep it's place.

Kristof

QuoteI agree with you there... if anything was happening immediately Kristof, Anthony and others would have given us news before now...

Well I haven't heard even a single rumour about a replacement.  Thought that said, I do know Buffalo Bill is not as popular any more as DLRP wants it to be.

ford prefect

The last 3 times I have been (October 14th, May 9th and August 07) have seen very good houses for BBWWS.

Although the August 07 show was marred by technical difficulties!

The last time I went was a great show with a good crowd and atmosphere.

The problem lies with the unfashionable nature of the wild west and country and western music.

It will turn around!
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

giorgio1712

I like Buffalo Bills, however it is inevitable that over time less and less people will visit. If your a large group or on a budget it is quite expensive! I should think people do it once and then maybe not again.

I think a new show would be great, something really spectacular to draw the crowds in and become as legendary as BBWS!

howtodeal

QuoteI think a new show would be great, something really spectacular to draw the crowds in and become as legendary as BBWS!

I've always thought that the stage would be great to have Disney on Ice shows, and
this kinds of shows is a lot easier to change than BBWWS. Having said that, I still love BBWWS and
don't mind them keeping it for a while  :D

phantom247

I asked around Disney Village on my last visit a few weeks ago about World of Disney no manager or individual Cast Member had a clue when it would be built in shops, Flo Groupe restaurants or Planet Hollywood so take it with a pinch of salt when people say it will start construction in January 09.

Riebi

The Disney Gazette shares some pics from King Ludwigs Bar. Interesting that the construction is so far away from finishing after the bar should opened during october!

Here´s the link with the pics:

//http://www.disneygazette.fr/travaux-disney-village-news-178.html
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

lil-shawn

this is ugly!!!

i don´t know what the peeps at disney are thinking,
they can make it look even more cheaper..
i think the best ist to demolish disney village and make it new,
with a more downtown disney style...

it makes no more fun to walk around there and also lacks on entertainment...