Disney Village Expansion/Improvements

Started by Kristof, August 21, 2005, 02:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueClouds

mmmmmmmmmm I do love ben and jerrys!  :D
Yo ho, Haul together, hoist the colours high
Heave ho, thieves and beggars, Never shall we die!

WaltDisneyFanBoy

I like the Disney village now more, then at the beginning. My favorite is still Buffallo Bill's wild west dinner show/ Yeeeehaaa.  :wink:

dagobert

I don't like the Disney Village very much. I think the new lightballoons don't look very well. It looks cheap. I have never seen the old village with the lights on top.

I don't like the Buffalo Bill Show too. We watched the show last year in December and I have to say that the food didn't taste very good.

I have read something about the World of disney Store and the ESPN Zone a few pages before, so are there any new news about the World of Disney Store and ESPN?

ightenhill

Still dont like the village.. Its always been a bit cheap looking and some of the restaurants are just so bad they should be only selling pet food.

needs sorting out
[size=85]WDW Florida July 91(way too hot), DL California June 92,DL California Sep 93, DLP France Feb 96, DLP France March 02, DLP France Christmas to NY 03, WDW Christmas Eve to NY 04, WDW Oct 05, DL California Christmas to NY 05, DLP March 06, WDW Nov 06,DLP Paris Christmas to NY 06, WDW April 07 DL California Nov 07, WDW Dec 07, DLP Mar 08, DLP Jul 08, DL Hong Kong Mar 09, WDW Oct 09,  DLP Xmas 09[/size]

WaltDisneyFanBoy

Quote from: "ightenhill"Still dont like the village.. Its always been a bit cheap looking and some of the restaurants are just so bad they should be only selling pet food.

needs sorting out
Well I do like it. I love the Buffalo Bill Wild West Dinner Show, and I love Miss Annie Oakley in that show.

Timbo

I don't like the Village at all !! I think it is a huge let down when compared to the parks. It completely lacks atmosphere ,seems cold and drab ,it was a bit better when DLP first opened.A few trees and some water features would make a huge difference !!! Just look at what a difference the themeing has made in the Studios !!

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Timbo"Just look at what a difference the themeing has made in the Studios !!

Absolutely, I mean if they just did what they have done in the Studios to DV, we could have a completely different looking place :)

Epcot_Boy

:hello:

I agree that the village does need some work, but to be honest at night I quite enjoy it. Probably a mixture of darkness and dazzling lights hides the rough patches. So I guess when going through it during the day it's best to close your eyes :wink:  #-o

Epcot_Boy :santa:

David

Mr_B

To be honest it's never been very "Disney" for me except for the shops but we really enjoy the walk back through and maybe something to eat and drink in the evening on the way to our hotel and it's not that bland really. I guess it's never going to look that good if you compare it to the theming in the parks themselves.

Annettes has great food too ! :-)

DLRP wouldn't be the same without it.

Mr_B
From the mansion on the hill
Shrieks of laughter break the still
Ghoulish figures start to wake
Makes your knees begin to quake

DLRP - We\'ve been there one or two times .....

Parkfisch

Quote from: "Epcot_Boy"So I guess when going through it during the day it's best to close your eyes :wink:  #-o

That's true for Las Vegas as well !
Great at night, but don't walk around in the afternoon.  :P

Its Just Like I DreamedIt

I really like it. The horrible signs don't bother me, i think its fun and really lively. A good way to end a fabby day in the parks!
!Magic Everywhere

anthony2k6

Quote from: "Parkfisch"
Quote from: "Epcot_Boy"So I guess when going through it during the day it's best to close your eyes :wink:  #-o

That's true for Las Vegas as well !
Great at night, but don't walk around in the afternoon.  :P

definitely agree. disney village looks good at night, but in the day it couldnt look much worse!!

buzz

it really does need some thing extra in there but its not that bad just misses that lil bit of extra bang which you expate from a disney place but i think the buffol bill show def helps with adding that extra bit so maybe another big show (with better food tho)

loved the ballon ride as well but it did ruin a bit of the disney magic when you could see behind all the rides

Haz

I actually like it, the florida one is much bigger but is it better, i don't think so. I like the idea it is there to walk through on your way back to the hotel and its a place to grab a beer while the wife and kids go shopping. I also think a lot of monet spent on it would be a waste and would much rather it goes into the park, it is someway to eat,shop,drink and to catch a show,does it meet these requirements , i think so.
All the Best,

Haz

Kristof

Planters have been added between the 2 entrances and more are under construction on each side of the Planet Hollywood staircase.

More photos here.