Disney Village Expansion/Improvements

Started by Kristof, August 21, 2005, 02:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-breeno-

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"No, I wasn't talking about the star, which as far as I am aware has always been there. I was actually referring to how the new planters would change to look of the area. Sorry about the confusion :)

Thanks for clearing this up, i wasn't too sure what you were talking about :oops:
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Maarten

Here are some photos from the new planter at Disney Village. I think they have done a great job. The building and its surroudings looks less plain. Although I am still no fan of the wooden surounding of the planter, the planter in general looks quite promissing. It would be nice if more of these kind of improvements will find its way to the other area's aswell. A long stretched planter in the middle of the street perhaps? Lets hope this is a sign for better things to come for Disney Village in 2008. It needs it and it deserves it.  :)

Source: //http://www.disneygazette.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4697

Mr_B

To be honest I do like the planter ideas to soften the concrete but the trees don't look right at all and I actually think it spoils the look of the planet hollywood dome etc. It would have been better if they'd chosen more larger shrubs instead of the trees.

However any improvement shows they're moving forward ...

Mr_B
From the mansion on the hill
Shrieks of laughter break the still
Ghoulish figures start to wake
Makes your knees begin to quake

DLRP - We\'ve been there one or two times .....

Joseph Carter

Quote from: "Mr_B"To be honest I do like the planter ideas to soften the concrete but the trees don't look right at all and I actually think it spoils the look of the planet hollywood dome etc
I agree about that. Smaller Shrubs and maybe they should revamp the actual globe?
Lets keep going.
//http://www.disneymanpodcast.com
Check out the Disneyman Podcast!!! Its disney fun for everyone!

-breeno-

I'm not a big fan of the trees at the moment either, they do seem to ruin the look of planet hollywood.

But i am only judging by those pictures, when i see it in real life it could look much better.
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

RnRCj

I think the trees look a bit messy - As if they weren't placed with care :? On the last pic you can hardly see "Planet" because there's a tree in the way :roll: It is nice to see some greenery in Disney Village though.

ightenhill

Just back.. I made a list of Lows and its a very very very small list (tiny now we have a tower and crush and a studios thats starting to look like a proper disney park).. Im afraid the village is still awful though IMO. The new planters look temporary and pretty poorly executed, Im afraid the problem is you cant gild a slab of concrete with this type of solution.
[size=85]WDW Florida July 91(way too hot), DL California June 92,DL California Sep 93, DLP France Feb 96, DLP France March 02, DLP France Christmas to NY 03, WDW Christmas Eve to NY 04, WDW Oct 05, DL California Christmas to NY 05, DLP March 06, WDW Nov 06,DLP Paris Christmas to NY 06, WDW April 07 DL California Nov 07, WDW Dec 07, DLP Mar 08, DLP Jul 08, DL Hong Kong Mar 09, WDW Oct 09,  DLP Xmas 09[/size]

Anthony

Ehhh.... do they read this topic?!

The trees are a massive improvement if you ask me, they add a small sense of exploration and hidden detail that you don't normally find in the concrete box of Disney Village.

However... I don't see the point in also using one deciduous tree that looks ugly in winter, why not all evergreen? And the wooden surrounds are increasingly naff. And maybe they should have cleaned the building first rather than make the job harder later.

So, good and bad. But any, even tiny, "good" is different and very very welcome for DV.... :)

penfold12

Everyone seems to be saying the same thing, and I agree! That said, lets hope this is the begining of greenery being added to the Village as a whole. Following on from Baloo, I have always thought that about ever green trees. Bare branches in the winter just help make everything look cold and uninviting, I have often wondered why DLRP dont insist on using more evergreens. I know they do have them, but I feel they should favour more strongly toward them, especially as there appears to be so many variety!

Reiana

Well, I think every plant, evergreen or not, is a step in the right direction. And if all trees are going to be everergreen, I think it would look boring somehow.

Its Just Like I DreamedIt

Yeah!!!! finally some greenery in the village but why there? one of the most impressive things in the village and they cover it up with trees and those horrible metal wires. Come on Disney, think sense
!Magic Everywhere

Maarten

This photo was posted by member Jollyroger at Disney Central Plaza Forum:

As you can see it was taken about a month ago. If you look closely to the future World of Disney site (between the Esplanade and the Gaumont Cinema Complex, behind the fences) it seems that some dirt has been moved. In the meantime, on the other side of the christmas market and also behind fences, there seems to be moved dirt aswell and even some boxes/trailers (?). Is it possible that World of Disney or the new Gare TGV are on a go? To be honest, I think that Disney wouldn't start construction before they have announced anything, but I just wanted to show you guys.  :)

Grandmath

Hem... Don't want to ruin anyone's hopes, but it seems to me, that those areas always had this "in progress" look since they put those fences. But I'll check them next time I'm walking there, just to be sure. In fact, on DCP a member stated recently that work on the World of Disney would begin at the beginning of 2008 so we never know..

Maarten

Quote from: "Grandmath"Hem... Don't want to ruin anyone's hopes, but it seems to me, that those areas always had this "in progress" look since they put those fences. But I'll check them next time I'm walking there, just to be sure. In fact, on DCP a member stated recently that work on the World of Disney would begin at the beginning of 2008 so we never know..

Merci Grandmath! Time will tell what's going on (or what isn't ofcourse). Hopefully the member you told us about is reliable so we can welcome World of Disney soon.

Owain

Quote from: "Maarten"This photo was posted by member Jollyroger at Disney Central Plaza Forum:

As you can see it was taken about a month ago. If you look closely to the future World of Disney site (between the Esplanade and the Gaumont Cinema Complex, behind the fences) it seems that some dirt has been moved. In the meantime, on the other side of the christmas market and also behind fences, there seems to be moved dirt aswell and even some boxes/trailers (?). Is it possible that World of Disney or the new Gare TGV are on a go? To be honest, I think that Disney wouldn't start construction before they have announced anything, but I just wanted to show you guys.  :)

Two Questions;

Which side is the world of disney going ?

What is "the new Gare TGV" ?