Disney Village Expansion/Improvements

Started by Kristof, August 21, 2005, 02:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maarten

Quote from: "Owain"Two Questions;

Which side is the world of disney going ?

What is "the new Gare TGV" ?

The location of the future World of Disney store is on the right side of the christmas market (behind the fences). In front of the Gaumont Cinema Complex. The new Gare TGV is the new TGV (highspeed train) station which will be located on the empty grounds to the left (right of the Da Vinci Parking).

Owain

Quote from: "Maarten"The location of the future World of Disney store is on the right side of the christmas market (behind the fences). In front of the Gaumont Cinema Complex. The new Gare TGV is the new TGV (highspeed train) station which will be located on the empty grounds to the left (right of the Da Vinci Parking).
Thanks for explaining and

Will this be a whole new station or just another platform linking to the main dlrp station ?

Sorry to go off topic

Anthony

It's kinda on-topic.

It'll literally be just another entrance/exit for the station, another way to get to the platforms, since - according to DLRP - Marne-la-Vallée/Chessy is the busiest high speed rail station in Europe following the opening of TGV Est.

I'm not sure what the thinking is behind it really though, because the station's car park, the taxi ranks, the shuttle buses etc, are all on the other side of the hub. Maybe it links into a future plan of some kind, such as the Conference Centre just south of the new DV car park? Or easier access to Val d'Europe?

Riebi

Hope the TGV Est will take it station one day at DLRP. Last I´ve heard about was that they now plan to do it "soon". At the moment you just can take the TGV Est to Paris and then take the RER  :cry:  But that´s off-topic  :lol:

I think the new station will have some of the services that the old one has too. Maybe the Taxi-station will then be there and the Resort-Bus-station near the old one or something like this.

Do somebody knows what happend behind all the fences now at DV?
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Remco K.

Edit: I'm sorry for messing up the layout. The pictures aren't hosted by me, and they're a bit oversized for this forum's layout.

The following pictures were posted by collegreg on Disney Central Plaza. Although the pictures seem to be taken by Fabawan.

There really seems to be a lot going on at Disney Village. Starting of with Café Mickey, where digging the floor will most likely start soon.

Digging for new planters?

As wished by a few of you: concrete borders for the planters. I wonder what they will do with the space between the wooden and concrete borders.

It's good to see they're at least giving Disney Village some much needed attention!

Anthony

Whoa! So the Tower is done and it looks they've invaded DV! I really didn't expect so much to suddenly happen.

Funny coincidence they're adding concrete borders in front of the wooden ones after we talked about that... Maybe they'll just fill in the gap with more plants, flowers or soil? The Café Mickey thing is hopefully replacing those temporary plant pots with a proper planter, maybe a nicer outside terrace too?

Oh, and they cleaned/repainted Planet Hollywood for Stallone's visit. Can it get much better? :D

RnRCj

This looks pretty good! I'm glad they're finally putting a bit of effort in to fix the DV! :lol:

I like the concrete borders. I'm not to sure about the gap between them and the planters though - I think some of those ground floodlight things would look alright there. Or maybe just some small hedges? :?

The Butlin Boy

This is looking very promising for DV. :D  It seems they've finally started to listen to us fans, so hopefully the WDS billboard will be coming down soon :roll:  :wink:

Riebi

Quote from: "Baloo"Oh, and they cleaned/repainted Planet Hollywood for Stallone's visit. Can it get much better? :D

Cool thing! I´ve hoped so much that the clean and repaint this place. It looked a bit used after years.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

miss bell

hi know this might be off topic but has stallone reacently visited,my little girl absolutly adores him has anyone any photos of this....
   miss bell :tink:

Anthony

Quote from: "miss bell"hi know this might be off topic but has stallone reacently visited,my little girl absolutly adores him has anyone any photos of this....
   miss bell :tink:
There's a couple of the official blog!

http://en.blog.disneyland15.com/2008/02 ... ll-as.html

Looks like he tested his action credentials and scaled the globe to finally clean it up!! Hurraaah!!

Remco K.

Something got me a little worried. This photo was taken by Raptor recently:

On this photo it seems like they're done with the work here...

... I really hope they don't leave it like this. The whole construction of these borders seemed so nice.

I guess they'll cover up the area again when they continue with their work?

Owain

They must have continued
From Disneytheque;

Here are some more updates from Disneytheque;

New food stand ?

What is this ?

Source;//http://www.disneytheque.com/index.php?/archives/82-Lactu-du-Disney-Village.html

-breeno-

Good pictures, thanks for posting them :)

Quote from: "Owain"New food stand ?

What is this ?

I think that stand is a stand for Marriots, they had two of them in July that looked identical to it so it must be.

The other thing looks like an advertisment board to me.
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

mehdi5

Isn't that green thing a advertisement board with those movie posters. Glad to see they're renewing it, when i last visited this month it had the exact same posters in it as it had in 2006.