Disney Village Expansion/Improvements

Started by Kristof, August 21, 2005, 02:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ightenhill

more new homes for the million and one rabbits of the disney village :D
[size=85]WDW Florida July 91(way too hot), DL California June 92,DL California Sep 93, DLP France Feb 96, DLP France March 02, DLP France Christmas to NY 03, WDW Christmas Eve to NY 04, WDW Oct 05, DL California Christmas to NY 05, DLP March 06, WDW Nov 06,DLP Paris Christmas to NY 06, WDW April 07 DL California Nov 07, WDW Dec 07, DLP Mar 08, DLP Jul 08, DL Hong Kong Mar 09, WDW Oct 09,  DLP Xmas 09[/size]

penfold12

This has the potential to change the feel of the village. Change it from a cold concrete feel. Are there plans to extend throughout the village, as at present it is confined to near planet Hollywood

Anthony

Well, here we are. The end of 2007 and they throw us the most unexpected DLRP news of the year... plants in Disney Village. Greenery in Disney Village. Something alive in Disney Village!

The area underneath Planet Hollywood has always been unnecessarily grim. Maybe they can have a go at pressuring the restaurant into cleaning up its globe, unless they're waiting for WALL-E to be released to do a tie-in? :twisted:

experiment627

Quote from: "Baloo"The area underneath Planet Hollywood has always been unnecessarily grim. Maybe they can have a go at pressuring the restaurant into cleaning up its globe, unless they're waiting for WALL-E to be released to do a tie-in? :twisted:

Or they could finally force Planet Hollywood to repair the broken "Sleeping Beauty Castle" cutout on their facade... which has been broken for almost three years now.  :wink:

Owain

Quote from: "Baloo"Well, here we are. The end of 2007 and they throw us the most unexpected DLRP news of the year... plants in Disney Village. Greenery in Disney Village. Something alive in Disney Village!

The area underneath Planet Hollywood has always been unnecessarily grim. Maybe they can have a go at pressuring the restaurant into cleaning up its globe, unless they're waiting for WALL-E to be released to do a tie-in? :twisted:
:lol: offf topic; anyone got a photo of it ? :P

Kristof

Quote:lol: offf topic; anyone got a photo of it ? :P

One page earlier perhaps?  :wink:

The Butlin Boy

When I first saw those photos, I thought that it was quite cool, but not a big deal, but when you look at the image below, you realize how great and necessary it really is:

:)

dagobert

Yes, the Disney Village needs some improvements and in my opinion it is a really good idea to add some plants and trees, because the village looks like a concrete jungle.
Are there any news about the World of Disney Store?

RnRCj

Greenery for Disney Village - This can only be a good thing :) I'm looking forward to seeing how it will turn out.

Riebi

Sounds good! Hope they will do more of these and not just at the planet!
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Maarten

To be honest, I am not that fond of the fact that the used these small wooden panels. It doesn't fit Disney Village's style very well and it seems quite cheap to me aswell. On the other hand, everything seems better then the concrete dessert that was there before.

Why can't they create the elevated planters/islands like they have at Downtown Disney in Anaheim for example? Take a look at the left side of the following pic; it shows an elevated planter, which can also be used as a bench.

Anthony

Oh Maarten, don't post that photo. :cry:

You're absolutely right though - unless they plan on taking the theme of Disney Village more towards a garden centre, these wooden surrounds are a very poor attempt. To see the planters of Hollywood Boulevard and then see what they can afford in Disney Village.... really, they need to start moving a bit more money towards the village soon.  All they need are a few real trees... Some greenery with a bit of height to soften the place.

But as it stands - bravo still, because now they're spending money on plants rather than gaudy Disney Store facades.

-breeno-

Yes it's a little  :offtopic: but,

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"When I first saw those photos, I thought that it was quite cool, but not a big deal, but when you look at the image below, you realize how great and necessary it really is:

I'm not too sure but are you talking about the star at the top of planet hollywood?  I know it's a stupid question but i've checked the last few pages and couldn't find anything about that star, i've never noticed it before.
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Its Just Like I DreamedIt

I really don't have a problem with Disney Village, even if the planters don't look that good it is good that they are putting some plants in the Village, so i'm not complaning
!Magic Everywhere

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "-breeno-"Yes it's a little  :offtopic: but,

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"When I first saw those photos, I thought that it was quite cool, but not a big deal, but when you look at the image below, you realize how great and necessary it really is:

I'm not too sure but are you talking about the star at the top of planet hollywood?  I know it's a stupid question but i've checked the last few pages and couldn't find anything about that star, i've never noticed it before.

No, I wasn't talking about the star, which as far as I am aware has always been there. I was actually referring to how the new planters would change to look of the area. Sorry about the confusion :)