Disney Village Expansion/Improvements

Started by Kristof, August 21, 2005, 02:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "raptor1982"And when we thought it couldn't get worse... Behold!

Oh, God what have they done! That is one is one of the most tackiest things at a disneyland resort, it was better the way it was.

:lol: Look at Donalds eye's!!!

Masamune

:lol: Donald looks INSANE on that pic.

RnRCj

Why are the two parks getting better and better but the Disney Village is getting worse? I don't understand it! :P

kermit

Now that finally the wand is coming down at Epcot, maybe we´re going to see
it reading Disney Village over here at the entrance of DV in DLRP.
 :shock:

Seeing the big "improvements" over the last weeks in the DV, this would sure be another one. :twisted:

Omg, I cant´s believe what they did to the Disney Store Sign
"Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas!"

Owain

Buildings get safety rails.

On Billy Bob's you cant see them, but theres new boards around the top of the roof.

//http://joel.at.dlp.online.fr/dlp/20070619/

Anthony

Hey, that looks GOOD! :shock: Something GOOD added to Disney Village! :shock:

Let me just recover for a few seconds....

It really makes sense to add those bits "sticking out" at the top, since the most horrible thing about Frank Gehry's buildings here is that they usually look like cardboard boxes with no features other than four walls. Just cheap cheap cheap.  This is also cheap, but makes them look more respectible.  It would have been #1 on my list of improvements, so well done to them.  Finally, a success!

I'm guessing the "safety rail" is just prep for the second half of the boards. :)

Riebi

Quote from: "Baloo"Hey, that looks GOOD! :shock: Something GOOD added to Disney Village! :shock:

Yes and now the must only fix the rest  :lol:

Railing-Rescue for the village!
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

RnRCj

This is one good little touch to the Village, but why can't they do it to the whole place? :o The Disney Village really reminds me of something you'd see at Butlins, and I hate that place.

WDI1992

Truly, Billy Bob's look good indeed... but the Disney store, now honestly  :? couldn't they just leave it for now... as everyone already said, it looks cheap, tacky, fake... and really quite scary actually... if I wouldn't know it was at DV, I would sware this was something at Shijingshan Amusement Park (the fake Disneyland)... really rather disappointing.
But I'm definately not saying they should change DV immediately... this is the 15th anniversary year and it's only normal they spend the most attention to the Disneyland Park... and we can't complain about the Studios eighter, me thinks!  :shock: they are doing a whole lot at a time according to me... and let's not forget a complete refurb of DV with a new theme and concept would cost incredibly much, budget planning has to alow it too, so let's be patient and the so long awaited new Village will arrive someday, but supposedly that'll be for after the 15th year, and after the opening of the TOT... seems logical to me anyway...

so for now Village will do... but still, couldn't they just have left the Disney Store as it was :? it makes you wanna go to the Imagineering Departement and really make a scene!  :P guess they just wanted to do something in the meantime, not knowing what. But I know one thing; as that facade is now, it will not last a year, mark my words...  :wink:
Ne cessez jamais de croire ... et, imaginez un peu! Parce que, c\'est là où les rêves deviennent réalité  

and always remember, if you can dream it, you can do it!
www.ResortDreams.net

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "RnRCj"This is one good little touch to the Village, but why can't they do it to the whole place? :o The Disney Village really reminds me of something you'd see at Butlins, and I hate that place.

Hey, don't diss :P

Disneyana

Isn't it a shame what they did to that very nice and classy style of the rock art at the Disney Store. Now it looks so cheap and ugly ! What were their thoughts as they paint it like this ?! I really cannot understand why they turned such a beautiful thing into something very very ugly.  :(  :(  :x
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

dlrp-mad

Why?!!! I don't understand why they had to make those changes to the rock art on the disney store, probably bored so they decided to paint. The saloon painting looks good though, at least something looks good at disney village.

I hope we see some actual IMPROVEMENTS before my next summer visit. I'm starting to get worried about disney village. It's certainly no downtown disney.

dlrp-mad :mickey2:

dlrp trips:Debut] August 2006 - Sequoia Lodge December 2007 - Disneyland Hotel July 2008 - Newport Bay Club

disney_donutter

they seem to be trying to over-do the decorating somewhat...

Not as bad as it could be though I suppose.

Reiana

On dlrp.fr are a few new pictures of the Disney Store walls. Well, I think, it doesn't look that bad with all the neonlights.
 8)

Anthony

Since we use this topic mainly for bashing DV, lets also give credit where credit is due - this new Ben & Jerry's location is lovely! I can't think of anything nicer than relaxing by Lake Disney with an ice cream...

Looks like it might replace the ugly Studio Catering Co. van... and I think the seating takes the place of an old radio controlled game. Small step for most, one giant leap for DV. :wink: