Ratatouille: L'Aventure Totalement Toquée de Rémy

Started by The Butlin Boy, October 12, 2007, 10:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Unfortunately, last rumour we heard, the adjoining restaurant had been cancelled hadn't it? :roll:

Soon the restaurants in Val d'Europe will be nearer than any in WDS...

Tuvok

Why don't they just 'use' the costume building for the Ratatouille darkride? Wouldn't that be cheaper then building it from scratch? It seems stupid to put Ratatouille behind that building. You only have 1 entrance/exit for the whole TSP and Ratatouille area if they do not want to use the custome building. That path will be crowded as hell I guess.
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

Kristof

Quote from: "Tuvok"Why don't they just 'use' the costume building for the Ratatouille darkride? Wouldn't that be cheaper then building it from scratch? It seems stupid to put Ratatouille behind that building. You only have 1 entrance/exit for the whole TSP and Ratatouille area if they do not want to use the custome building. That path will be crowded as hell I guess.

Ratatouille requires a really tall building, think IASW or POTC.  And there will be more then one path of course.  :)

Tuvok

Quote from: "Kristof"Ratatouille requires a really tall building, think IASW or POTC.  And there will be more then one path of course.  :)

Yes, I know, but couldn't they just incorporate that building into the new Ratatouille ride (and make it larger of course)? Seems cheaper then building something new and besides, now we have several rides around that costume building. Were is that second path going to be? The way Anthony has drawn it, there is no room for a second path. Don't tell me there will be a path on the right side of the costume building connecting Toon Studio with Ratatouille. That would be lame.

The way we get info on TSP, or better, lack of official info, I think it will be a long time before we know exactly how the ride will be placed. Interesting layout, though.
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

dagobert

Why did Disney built the costume building there? Was it already there when they built the WDS and they made some changes for the STT route?
Is this building used for both parks or just for WDS?

Kristof

Quote from: "Tuvok"
Quote from: "Kristof"Ratatouille requires a really tall building, think IASW or POTC.  And there will be more then one path of course.  :)

Yes, I know, but couldn't they just incorporate that building into the new Ratatouille ride (and make it larger of course)? Seems cheaper then building something new and besides, now we have several rides around that costume building. Were is that second path going to be? The way Anthony has drawn it, there is no room for a second path. Don't tell me there will be a path on the right side of the costume building connecting Toon Studio with Ratatouille. That would be lame.

The way we get info on TSP, or better, lack of official info, I think it will be a long time before we know exactly how the ride will be placed. Interesting layout, though.

Yeah, but it has been rumoured that the Ratatouille shop will go in the old costuming workshop.

QuoteWhy did Disney built the costume building there? Was it already there when they built the WDS and they made some changes for the STT route?
Is this building used for both parks or just for WDS?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it opened around 2000.  It's used for both Disneyland Park and Walt Disney Studios Park.  CM's have to pick up their costumes here and there's also a Caribbean themed restaurant inside (on the right side).

Disney Village and each of the hotels have their own wardrobe department.

ightenhill

QuoteAnd there will be more then one path of course.  :)

I take it that's wishful thinking  :wink:
[size=85]WDW Florida July 91(way too hot), DL California June 92,DL California Sep 93, DLP France Feb 96, DLP France March 02, DLP France Christmas to NY 03, WDW Christmas Eve to NY 04, WDW Oct 05, DL California Christmas to NY 05, DLP March 06, WDW Nov 06,DLP Paris Christmas to NY 06, WDW April 07 DL California Nov 07, WDW Dec 07, DLP Mar 08, DLP Jul 08, DL Hong Kong Mar 09, WDW Oct 09,  DLP Xmas 09[/size]

lil-shawn

WoW just look what i found on Disneycentralplaza....

*TIMMIE*

Wow... That would be great! Hope this is true. Begin 2010 there would be more information on the next investments for DLP (disneytheque).

On Themepark.nl I have read they are actually planning the menu for the Ratatouille restaurant. So it seems they finally see the need for more F&B in WDS.

Disneydavid

O my! I have rats myself so this is definitly nice :D!!!

DLP MP3 - The only podcast with onrides RIGHT from the Resort! With ToT ,SM:M2 , Crush\'s Coaster , Star Tours, Peter Pan,  Stitch Live , Panoramique , BTM  and Pirates of the Carribbean! !
For iTunes ] and MP3!

Newest episode.... Toy Story Playland The Tour and Rc RACER!

dagobert

Wow, I really, really hope these rumours about the Ratatouille ride and restaurant are true!!

Scissorsboi

That does seem like a clever location for the showbuilding, it looks like it'd line up with the showbuilding from Phantom Manor, and help even more to block the view from Frontierland of RC Racer.

It might be an old plan though, as it shows the two tracks for RC Racer still. I agree with above, it'd be nice to see the restaurant go ahead in costuming, it'd help to make that side of the park a bit more rounded. Especially if they worked some guest toilets into it too.

I do wonder though, with the ride going in here, it feels like there'll be a bit of an unbalance in the park? The majority of the rides are now on the left of Tower, with the 'experience' attractions and shows on the right. Is this because of the limited room to the right?
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

RnRCj

Interesting how the green path area sort of "funnels" into the attraction and restaurant building. Perhaps it could be like a smaller version of the France pavilion at Epcot:

Could turn out to be quite a nice little area. :)

pussinboots

Meanwhile, probably best if they don't draw too much inspiration from that — You don't want to end up with California Adventure syndrome. Having a faux Eiffel Tower where you can just about see the real thing on a clear day.

Hathaway Browne

Quote from: "pussinboots"Meanwhile, probably best if they don't draw too much inspiration from that — You don't want to end up with California Adventure syndrome. Having a faux Eiffel Tower where you can just about see the real thing on a clear day.
True, but if it has one it will probably be a forced persepctive one like in EPCOT.

Plus I would imagine the weenie would be Gusteau's - complete with sign and all.
Marching along, we\'re Adventurers! Singing the Song of Adventurers!
Up or Down, North, South, East or West An Adventurers Life is Best!