Ratatouille: L'Aventure Totalement Toquée de Rémy

Started by The Butlin Boy, October 12, 2007, 10:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Sorry if I'm stating the obvious, but the section sticking out on the left must surely be the corner of Gusteau's:

It's the exact same shape.

Also interesting how it appears to connect with the costuming building. Even if this is an old plan, it shows they've been thinking of doing what a lot of people suggest.

Edit:

I was going to say it's smaller than I imagined, maybe I thought it'd fill the whole spot, but here's a quick comparison showing the building is actually pretty big - and of course very, very similar in shape to a certain other attraction:

And with the trackless system space doesn't necessarily equal duration, since the same scene can be circled several times, changing all the time.

It can't be stated enough how much the park needs this ride.

CafeFantasia

Great research Anthony. You put a lot of thought and energy into your posts.

They better get started building that Ratatouille ride if they want it open by 12 April 2012!

smurfy74

Good point Alan, what was the timeline for Crush to compare, does anyone know - do they still have time or when would they need to start????

RnRCj

There's loads of time - it's two and a half years away yet!

I'm wondering whether they'll do anything to the huge wall of the costuming building:

electricdreams

Quote from: "Anthony"It can't be stated enough how much the park needs this ride.

Hi

Please be gentle this is my first post and question -

Why does this park need this ride and not something else that is more exciting :?:
2002/07 - Disneyland Resort Paris
2003/06 - Walt Disney World Resort Florida
2008/06 - Disneyland Resort Paris
2009/06 - Disneyland Resort Paris
2009/09 - Disneyland Resort Paris
2012/12 - Disneyland Resort Paris

Owain

Quote from: "electricdreams"Why does this park need this ride and not something else that is more exciting :?:

In my opinion it is because a dark-ride is the key thing missing from this park, it would also be the first original E-Ticket for the park ? (not 100% sure)

Most likely the ride would have a large capacity which would take ease of the most recent low capacity additions to toon studio.

And it would bring a beautiful french placmaking to the park, and if where lucky a shop, restaurant and TOILETS !  :P

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "Owain"
Quote from: "electricdreams"Why does this park need this ride and not something else that is more exciting :?:

In my opinion it is because a dark-ride is the key thing missing from this park, it would also be the first original E-Ticket for the park ? (not 100% sure)

Well I would say Moteurs Action and maybe even Cinemagique would fit the bill as the first original E's in WDSP.

Anyway, back to the original question. WDSP is the only prk out of the 11 not to have a family friends ride with AA's.
since 2001 (many before that)

Disneydavid

Its a strange question , but what do you mean with 'E-ticket' ? I see and use it everywhere , but i dont even know what it means!

Ontopic :I hope they will serve some ratatouille meal as well , it must be a total experience.

I did put the video of the new rides together :
[youtube:zient9nq]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_-pKPcYOd0[/youtube:zient9nq]

DLP MP3 - The only podcast with onrides RIGHT from the Resort! With ToT ,SM:M2 , Crush\'s Coaster , Star Tours, Peter Pan,  Stitch Live , Panoramique , BTM  and Pirates of the Carribbean! !
For iTunes ] and MP3!

Newest episode.... Toy Story Playland The Tour and Rc RACER!

davewasbaloo

When Disneyland, the Magic Kindom and Tokyo Disneyland opened, you did not have pay to get in passports that covered all the rides. Instead you paid to get in and then paid for each attraction (though you could buy ticket books that saved you money). Passports came in in the 1980's and then ticket books were phased out over the early 80's.

The attractions were rated A - E - A being either the simplest or cheapest to operate, E being the most popular or expensive to operate. And the prices varied accordingly.

A's were typically attractions such as the Omnibus, E's were attractions like Pirates of the Caribbean, Big Thunder and It's a Small World. Sometimes attractions had their own tickets that you had to buy seperately (like the train in the early days or the Enchanted Tiki Room), and sometimes attractions were free.

It was not uncommon for the designation to change either. The Mark Twain for example used to be an E ticket.

DLP never had them, and anything built after the late 80's are up for debate as to where they would place, but they have been a key term even outside of Disney.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E_ticket

davewasbaloo

This page gives you a great example of what attractions each ticket covered.

http://www.yesterland.com/abcde.html

Not that I am keen to return to this, I do remember the queues were a lot more manageable, and people had a more spread out approach to the park, e.g. instead of just riding BTM 12 times in the trip, they would actually take time out for things like the horsedrawn Streetcar and Carousel. Also, the Autopia queues were much shorter.

Timbo

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Anyway, back to the original question. WDSP is the only prk out of the 11 not to have a family friends ride with AA's.
That never occurred to me before ! Some hint as to why the magic is lacking maybe :roll:
As an after thought is the shark in Crush an AA ? He doesn't move much though !

electricdreams

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"When Disneyland, the Magic Kindom and Tokyo Disneyland opened, you did not have pay to get in passports that covered all the rides. Instead you paid to get in and then paid for each attraction (though you could buy ticket books that saved you money). Passports came in in the 1980's and then ticket books were phased out over the early 80's.

The attractions were rated A - E - A being either the simplest or cheapest to operate, E being the most popular or expensive to operate. And the prices varied accordingly.

A's were typically attractions such as the Omnibus, E's were attractions like Pirates of the Caribbean, Big Thunder and It's a Small World. Sometimes attractions had their own tickets that you had to buy seperately (like the train in the early days or the Enchanted Tiki Room), and sometimes attractions were free.

It was not uncommon for the designation to change either. The Mark Twain for example used to be an E ticket.

DLP never had them, and anything built after the late 80's are up for debate as to where they would place, but they have been a key term even outside of Disney.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E_ticket

Thanks for clearing that up as i too didn't understand the term
2002/07 - Disneyland Resort Paris
2003/06 - Walt Disney World Resort Florida
2008/06 - Disneyland Resort Paris
2009/06 - Disneyland Resort Paris
2009/09 - Disneyland Resort Paris
2012/12 - Disneyland Resort Paris

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "Timbo"
Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Anyway, back to the original question. WDSP is the only prk out of the 11 not to have a family friends ride with AA's.
That never occurred to me before ! Some hint as to why the magic is lacking maybe :roll:
As an after thought is the shark in Crush an AA ? He doesn't move much though !

Nope, the only proper AA's in WDSP are the seagulls in the Crush queue (an attraction with size and health limitations)  :(

Timbo

Thought of them too , but didn't think they counted as they aren't on the ride as such ! But they are one of the best bits of the attraction !

*TIMMIE*

It seems Ratatouille has a go for 2012 (according to Disneytheque). They state preperations start in 2010.