Ratatouille: L'Aventure Totalement Toquée de Rémy

Started by The Butlin Boy, October 12, 2007, 10:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Well at least it must already be an award-winner: Most Green-Lit Attraction Ever.

bigrossco

I would rather wait before I get to excited about it until Disney have confirmed it them self that this will be happening as it could be easy to say that work will start on any day

I am also sure we would of read something official regarding (if) they were to use the costume department building and extend it about the permission / plans for this building?
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

Anthony

Yeah, it's strange that the plan shows the new building connecting right up with the costuming workshop. Even if they don't knock through and use the costuming building for the ride/restaurant/shop, that'd block out their windows... Perhaps they'd move, but where to?

experiment627

Quote from: "Anthony"Even if they don't knock through and use the costuming building for the ride/restaurant/shop, that'd block out their windows... Perhaps they'd move, but where to?

Considering that the Tram Tour is passing / past by those windows - through a tunnel no less - I suppose the working conditions would not change for the costuming crew.

For the CMs of both parks I'd be quite happy if the costuming building would remain as it is - it could hardly be any more convenient for them.
(They used to change clothes back in the Baloo building - which is at the far end of the backstage area - which resulted in horrible commutes...)

bigrossco

Quote from: "experiment627"
Quote from: "Anthony"Even if they don't knock through and use the costuming building for the ride/restaurant/shop, that'd block out their windows... Perhaps they'd move, but where to?

Considering that the Tram Tour is passing / past by those windows - through a tunnel no less - I suppose the working conditions would not change for the costuming crew.

For the CMs of both parks I'd be quite happy if the costuming building would remain as it is - it could hardly be any more convenient for them.
(They used to change clothes back in the Baloo building - which is at the far end of the backstage area - which resulted in horrible commutes...)

The tram stopped passing through the windows a wee while ago now when the tram route was re-designed to allow for the expansion of WDS and the building of TSPL

But as I said if there were to be building anything I am sure we would of found something about this as they would need to get planning permission to build and so far I have not seen any?
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

Anthony

Having a tram pass by to having no windows is a bit of a difference. It'd only be the workshop that'd need to move (possibly just somewhere else in the building), not the general CM areas. Weren't there rumours that a Ratatouille shop might be opened there? That corner seems to fit...

Quote from: "bigrossco"But as I said if there were to be building anything I am sure we would of found something about this as they would need to get planning permission to build and so far I have not seen any?
Before any building (presuming it's greenlit) they've got a lot of trees to clear, which they do have permission for. :wink:

The Butlin Boy

Thanks to one page of discussions on the Disney Central Plaza forum, and a quick internet translation, we might have uncovered some exciting new information on Ratatouille...

[spoiler:rz1c7bev]
Quote from: "La Rouquine"Well, John Lasseter has spoken to several people spoke in Imagineering, a model exists and plans are being developed.

Otherwise, over the history of costuming, leave it where it is.
Even if eventually it will ask the question of allowing such a building encroaching on the surface of Toon Studio, there is absolutely no question of moving to accommodate Ratatouille.

The only part that is intended to close by 2011/2012 is the workshop that manufactures uniforms for performances and was visible from Studio Tram Tour.
This wonderful attraction no longer passing through there, there was more interest to preserve the studio where he is now ...
After removal, the available space should be used to store an accompanying Ratatouille.
Quote from: "La Rouquine"Once again a model of this attraction exists.

The attraction is scheduled to be built on several floors, which certainly would explain the modest size of the building ...
[/spoiler:rz1c7bev]

I just got a bit more excited! :mrgreen:

:arrow: http://disneycentralplaza.englishboard. ... 79-560.htm

luke85

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"I just got a bit more excited! :mrgreen:

:arrow: http://disneycentralplaza.englishboard. ... 79-560.htm

So did I  :D  :D  :D

I love hearing little bits about rumoured attractions, lets just hope this one actually does make it into the park  [-o<

Anthony

Exactly what I was just remembering from the earlier rumours above - in these plans the workshop would move to make space for a Ratatouille boutique! Very clever, and does make you wonder if they've thought about dressing up the side. Something like the windows of the old Disney animation studios (like they have at the back of the animation building in DCA) would be perfect.

It's so great when these rumours we've gradually heard turn out to be true.

Several floors? That just bumped the price tag up. Surely the ride itself couldn't be on two floors, but a restaurant or queue/pre-show areas could be in a floor above part of the ride.

Thedeejay

Disneydavid, this video is the creation of the Disneytheque.

How can you use these images, remove our logos  :shock: ??

Please remove it, or edit it to keep the Disneytheque.com intro.

For Ratatouille, you must think about one thing: we don't have any money.

The ride will not be a LPS or with a lot of AA, but "new technology" can help to remind an old rumour... About a big event with Disney...

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "Thedeejay"For Ratatouille, you must think about one thing: we don't have any money.

Then we should not be building attractions until we do, or go cap in hand to WDC.
since 2001 (many before that)

Thedeejay

(I said that because my vocabulary isn't very large... of course they have money, but reduce the costs is the goal. So don't expect a big dark ride with AA etc.)

luke85

Quote from: "Thedeejay"The ride will not be a LPS or with a lot of AA, but "new technology" can help to remind an old rumour... About a big event with Disney...
I know your intentions are good, but these little "clues" are really annoying :shock:

I don't like guessing games, either you're willing to post the information you know or you're not? If you're not, then that's fine, just come back and post the info when you can :)

Kristof

Quote from: "Thedeejay"Disneydavid, this video is the creation of the Disneytheque.

How can you use these images, remove our logos  :shock: ??

Please remove it, or edit it to keep the Disneytheque.com intro.

Please use the PM system for these kind of remarks...

Willow

Yes, Paris doesn't have as much money as other resorts but you don't need hundreds of millions to make a world class attraction.

Disney/WDI needs to learn to make their money go a little bit further than it has done in the past.
These huge corporations waste so much money on pointless things, if they were more careful with the cash there would be more available to be spent on attractions.

Should DLRP go to WDC and ask for more money though? In my opinion, Yes!

----

I'm still undecided about Ratatouille, a part of me is just expecting a standard dark ride....