Ratatouille: L'Aventure Totalement Toquée de Rémy

Started by The Butlin Boy, October 12, 2007, 10:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Quote from: "Willow"I'm still undecided about Ratatouille, a part of me is just expecting a standard dark ride....
Even a Pinocchio or Snow White would still be wildly fantastical for WDS!

But I'm imagining projections and so on would be used a lot, especially if you're shrunk to rat size. Looking again at Pooh's Hunny Hunt, there aren't any truly amazing Animatronics in there, it's the free-roaming show and clever effects that make it.

andrewuk

The scene in the movie when Remy is first dropped into the kitchen is very exciting. If they can re-create that then it will be amazing :D/  :D/ . But I'd love to see some of the nice character moments too.
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

pussinboots

Quote from: "Anthony"Even a Pinocchio or Snow White would still be wildly fantastical for WDS!

I agree. If Ratatouille is roughly equivalent to those rides — that is to say, managing to be enchanting despite a cardboard quality, and with a nice exterior — I will be very happy... For children, I mean.

andrewuk

Quote from: "Anthony"
Quote from: "Willow"I'm still undecided about Ratatouille, a part of me is just expecting a standard dark ride....

But I'm imagining projections and so on would be used a lot, especially if you're shrunk to rat size. Looking again at Pooh's Hunny Hunt, there aren't any truly amazing Animatronics in there, it's the free-roaming show and clever effects that make it.

I can't believe that they would have the 20th anniversary ride something on the same scale as Snow White. Plus we know that they have 300million of cash, despite the loss last year, and if they are going to spend on clones of Star Tours and The Little Mermaid then why not on a great original?. Forced perspective, trackless system and AAs combined should make for an amazing ride....
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

dagobert

Quote from: "andrewuk"
Quote from: "Anthony"

I can't believe that they would have the 20th anniversary ride something on the same scale as Snow White. Plus we know that they have 300million of cash, despite the loss last year, and if they are going to spend on clones of Star Tours and The Little Mermaid then why not on a great original?. Forced perspective, trackless system and AAs combined should make for an amazing ride....

Euro Disney SCA has 300mio of cash?? Where does this money come from? With this amount of money they can easily build a great Ratatouille ride and there is still money left for Star Tours 2 and maybe for another small attraction.

andrewuk

May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

Columbiad

I'm fascinated by this.
I was very impressed by the mini Rene AA in the Rendevous Resteraunt, he looked and moved exactly how he did in the film! If they can re-capture this again in this ride, then I'll over the moon with impression and 'oh-my-god-a-wonderful-new-ride' happiness. :D

RnRCj

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "RnRCj"//http://www.davidmackeydrywall.com/.

Interesting. 8)

Very Interesting, good find :)

For those of you looking at the like wondering what on Earth we are talking about (like I have just done for the last five minutes :roll: ), it's the website for drywall constructors located in California (home of the original Disneyland and Imagineering). The interesting Rataouille element can be seen in the column on the right:

QuoteDisney Radius Dome Construction

Ratatouille Ride Element

Now doesn't that look exciting!?! :mrgreen:

-breeno-

Very exciting indeed :mrgreen:

Now we ask, what could this possible "ride element" be?  A cage perhaps?  Or even one of those things used to cover up food on a plate (the name escapes me)?  Whatever it is lets hope it's true and we'll been served with a treat ;) :P

See what i did there?.... I'll get my coat..
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

luke85

Eeeek this is exciting! and what a good find RnRCj, hats off to you for coming across this!

I'd like more glimmers of hope like this in the near future  [-o<

Anthony

The excitement-ometer just exploded.

It could be anything, but it says the words "Ratatouille Ride" and it's in Burbank. That's enough.  :lol:

Columbiad

Woow!!

Judging by the size of it, and the suggested plots, perhaps we can expect passengers of the ride vehicles will find themselves trapped in there? Or mabye just an AA??

The plot thickens......

Willow

Anyone else think that it might not be a cage? The metal could just be a general frame of another scenary element.

Especially as the company does things relating to dry walls, and not metal theming.

Scissorsboi

I'm thinking it may be part of the building roof structure - although it'd be weird for that to be built when it doesn't appear any plans have been submitted yet. The style does seem to match the domes on the non-tower section of the ToT building.
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.