Ratatouille: L'Aventure Totalement Toquée de Rémy

Started by The Butlin Boy, October 12, 2007, 10:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hathaway Browne

It must be irritating for the Imagineers that Paris is such a state of flux that no sooner do they settle on a plan some one says "uh, better cross that one off the list fellas".

Even if there is a Master Plan (albeit it one that constantly changes), it still doesn't help the overall "random" appearance the park now has.

OK, so Ratatouille maybe going in Toon Studio, and fit reasonably well, but I wonder where it could have gone if a plan was set in stone and was able to have been executed without monetary issues getting in the way.

I could have seen a little side street off of a proper Hollywood Boulevard (like the one in Disney's Hollywood Studios).
Marching along, we\'re Adventurers! Singing the Song of Adventurers!
Up or Down, North, South, East or West An Adventurers Life is Best!

CafeFantasia

Apologies if this has already been said, but it seems to me Disney are doing a two-for-one with the Ratatouille dark ride and Mystic Manor at Hong Kong Disneyland. It seems they will use the same ride system and open within a similar timeframe.

There's a great new video on YouTube about Mystic Manor, with an Imagineer explaining the story and the path the vehicles will take:

[youtube:22192g2i]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEF2awc6r0M[/youtube:22192g2i]

Kristof

Yeah we connected the dots some time ago.  :mrgreen:   But thnx for the interesting video.

davewasbaloo

Forget Paris, I am going to save up for Hong Kong finally.
since 2001 (many before that)

luke85

What a great video! Some of those effects sound amazing, particularly the vortex!

Anthony

Thanks for the video!

Anyone notice that 32 seconds in, you can see a projection in the background with the Tokyo and Disneyland Resort Paris logos which seems to say "Coming Soon!"??  I'm telling you now, if they dare to preview anything from Paris at D23, I'll be one devastated European fan.

Willow

I did hear a few wispers a couple of weeks ago that we could see a Ratatouille announcement at the Disney Parks' presentation tomorrow.

No idea about the reliability of that though.

peep

Quote from: "Anthony"Thanks for the video!

Anyone notice that 32 seconds in, you can see a projection in the background with the Tokyo and Disneyland Resort Paris logos which seems to say "Coming Soon!"??  I'm telling you now, if they dare to preview anything from Paris at D23, I'll be one devastated European fan.

I wouldn't be that devastated if it was all leaked online. Doesn't seem like the parks section of the event is restricted regarding cameras etc anyway.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

mouetto

Quote from: "Anthony"Thanks for the video!

Don't worry!

Watch this video and you will see at the end the real & complete background.  :wink:

[youtube:e1c5dlxz]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucx5wb6lJvs[/youtube:e1c5dlxz]

andrewuk

Well I really want to ride Mystic Manor now! I guess HKDL deserves a great exclusive ride, and this one is definitely a first gate ride, and the theme is too similar for it to go in the same park as PM/HM. :cry:

However, if we are going to be rats, they can move really quick, especially when they are being chased by chefs. But MM and PHH both seem to move at a more relaxed pace. I wonder how that part of the excitement is going to be worked in? :?:
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

Anthony

Have you seen Pooh's Hunny Hunt in Tokyo? If not, it will blow you away (excuse the pun):

[youtube:ggjcpp6h]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFWhL262u8A[/youtube:ggjcpp6h]
It's mainly the ride system we're looking at here, but wow, look at it: You enter the ride as a double-up of two cars (not connected), and actually stop dead in the first scene before being "blown" separately onto the next, where Tigger makes you bounce up and down. Then, you suddenly move out of that scene... backwards! Further on, in the Heffalumps scene, all the vehicles move all over the place and criss-cross each other.

I think they'll achieve the feeling of a rat running between the kitchen appliances by that stopping and starting motion. They also move much faster than the Omnimover in PM anyway, more like Pinocchio (but with the free motion and stop/start allowing you to actually see the scenes).

Really, anyone who says "why don't they just build Midway Mania" is nuts!

andrewuk

That is terrific, my worries are gone!  =D>  =D>
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

Gareth

WOW that pooh ride is awesome :D  wouldnt mind a copy of it lol overhere rather than ratatouie

[size=150]Please Follow Me - - - - Twitter.com/Gareth2100 ---- Thanks

CafeFantasia

Tokyo Disneyland's official video of the attraction gives you a better view of the actual ride vehicles and the route they take:

[youtube:375r2sk2]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWhmFDqUXRI&feature=channel_page[/youtube:375r2sk2]

Gareth

o0o0o0 thnaks for that video alan it rlly is a great ride and pooh is too cute hehecant wait if somthing opens like this is paris :D

[size=150]Please Follow Me - - - - Twitter.com/Gareth2100 ---- Thanks