Ratatouille: L'Aventure Totalement Toquée de Rémy

Started by The Butlin Boy, October 12, 2007, 10:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

*TIMMIE*

I agree... I think there is too much Toy Story, in to many places. Frontierland (Round up), Discoveryland (Pizza Planet, Buz) and now the Toon Studio's. I want variaty.

However I really want to see Ratatouille. I love that movie. Besides it would be a great, unique ride for the Studio's. To me... it just seem to fit.

*TIMMIE*

It is said in Kirmes & Park Revue that Ratatouille will be the official 20th ride. :D/ Does that mean there won't be an addition to the Disneyland Parc?    :?

smurfy74

can you post a link to that report please, i would like to see it  :D

*TIMMIE*

I don't have the magazine myself. I've read it on Themepark.nl. :)

Link to the magazine (if you want to order it or something... ;) ):
http://www.kirmesparkrevue.de/

CafeFantasia

I'm actually against the idea of a a Ratatouille ride, simply because it will create yet ANOTHER mini zone in the Walt Disney Studios, with a totally different theme.

If they built a whole Parisian area, with French shops and cafes AND a Ratatouille ride, that'd be cool. Something like the France pavilion at Epcot. But they won't do that. They'll put Ratatouille right up next to Toy Story Playland, and it'll be really difficult for guests to feel immersed in any one place. There'll be a total mismatch of styles.

Disneyland Park really deserves a new ride for its 20th anniversary. This has been discussed to death. But I still vote for either Splash Mountain in Frontierland, The Indiana Jones Adventure in Adventureland or The Little Mermaid in Fantasyland. One of those 3 lands needs a new MAJOR attraction. Discoveryland has received a lot of attention over the years and has ended up looking messy.

*TIMMIE*

It would be the best DLRP get all three, but that will be a dream. I would love Splash or Indy. Especially Indy is unique for Europe (They should have used the 4th movie ;) ). I think Adventureland needs a boost. In comparison to the other parts it seems so quiet over there.

I can understand your idea of the Pixar minilands. It would be better to create more space and atmosphere around the rides, and create more the studio movieaspect.

CafeFantasia

Adventureland could definitely do with a movie tie-in update to Pirates, a Pirates Lair type overlay to Adventure Isle, a Temple of Peril coaster that isn't painful to ride, and either the Indiana Jones Adventure or a permanent Festival Of The Lion King theatre, like at Animal Kingdom.

But we're getting off topic. Ratatouille is the subject :-)

*TIMMIE*

Sorry...  :oops:

Last Off topic; I would say let's do all of that!  =D>  :D/  :-"  That definately would bring more atmosphere and action to this beautiful part of the parc. It deserves to get more attention. :)

On topic: I hope it will stay an WDS exclusive. Not like the Toy Story area.

cahaya

I would love to have a Ratatouille dark ride, no matter if in the Studios or in DP. I am not a fan of Kirmes rides und would just love a "real Disneyride".
A new darkride is my biggest hope. So pleaaaaaaaaaase build it.
If you can dream it, you can do it.
Walt Disney

Tuvok

The Disney and more blog reports that the Ratatouille darkride will be confirmed for WDS in 2012. This will be DLRP's 20th Anniversary E-Ticket. The Disneyland Park will possibly get the new Star Tours 2 in the same year.

See the full article here: Click!
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

RnRCj

Will the costuming building be removed for Ratatouille? I hope so. It would create a lot more space in that area, which I feel is too cramped.

CafeFantasia

If they're replacing the Costuming Building with Ratatouille, there goes another opportunity to either tie that space into the existing Cars area or the Toy Story Playland area. Instead it'll be another entirely separate area, with a totally different theme, making it impossible to feel immersed in a 360 degree movie environment.

Don't get me wrong, the idea of a Ratatouille ride sounds cool, but just not in that location.

RnRCj

Quote from: "Alan"If they're replacing the Costuming Building with Ratatouille, there goes another opportunity to either tie that space into the existing Cars area or the Toy Story Playland area. Instead it'll be another entirely separate area, with a totally different theme, making it impossible to feel immersed in a 360 degree movie environment.

Don't get me wrong, the idea of a Ratatouille ride sounds cool, but just not in that location.
Toon Studio is already screwed from that perspective. I mean, we've got got Route 66, Sydney Harbour, Arabia, and soon a giant garden full of toys - all within feet of each other! Unless they demolish everything and start again, there's no easy way of changing that.

In my opinion, the Ratatouille attraction is just about acceptable. It will be family friendly; immersive (at least on the inside); full of AAs; the first true dark ride of WDS; and it'll be located in an area that's supposed to be for toons. It might also provide some nice architecture for the area.

The downsides are, as we've said, that it will be another completely different theme. But I'd rather have it in Toon Studio and be a little out-of-place than be thrown in some future Hollywood Boulevard expansion. :roll:

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Tuvok"The Disney and more blog reports that the Ratatouille darkride will be confirmed for WDS in 2012. This will be DLRP's 20th Anniversary E-Ticket. The Disneyland Park will possibly get the new Star Tours 2 in the same year.

See the full article here: Click!

I love the sound of what they've said in this article; and if it's true, this could be one of the best rides in the Studios :mrgreen: With any luck, this expansion will also bring in some new toilets, a shop, a restaurant, even a little Parisian cafe would make this area a God send for the Studios [-o<

I'm still hoping that it'll look a lot like the France area of Epcot, that'd just be amazing...

http://edp.org/Travel/Florida/EPCOT/France.jpg

:P

Anthony

Alain describes exactly the ride I've had in my head all these months. Wonderful!

I don't expect it to replace the Costuming building, that'd be far too expensive. Surely behind that building, on the area of forest between costuming and the Dinotopia set would be more sensible. The path running alongside Toy Story Playland leads right there.