Ratatouille: L'Aventure Totalement Toquée de Rémy

Started by The Butlin Boy, October 12, 2007, 10:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

This is very good news.

This Ratatouille dark ride happening is absolutely *the* most important thing for WDS, and I beginning to doubt we'd ever see it after Tokyo plumped for Midway Mania. Fingers crossed, and thankyou Hong Kong...

RnRCj

This sounds good. Ratatouille would be much better than Toy Story Mania. I'd actually be really hacked off if we got more Toy Story instead of a unique Ratatouille attraction.

How are the rumours about this attraction going? Is this still planned to be the big attraction for the 20th?

littlemermaid83

I would of rather had Toy Story Mania then Toystory playland  :P
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Mrs. Jennes

i totally agree with the idea to build a ratatouille restaurant! it would perfectly fit. Anyways, a ride would be better than something with toy story again after the new buzz lightyear attraction.

A dream comes true the 10th Time in March \'10

The Butlin Boy

The news from HKDL really is very good news for Ratatouille indeed. As has already been pointed out, Disney can buy more than one and save money, perfect for the two Disney resorts with the worst financial record :wink:

I also feel that the HKDL plans also help to squash the rumours of a Toy Story Midway Mania in all of the parks too. Before the HKDL plans were released, it would seem very possible for Disney to stick TSMM at the back of TSPL instead of Ratatouille, and one in HKDL too. However, I now find it hard to see HKDL having Buzz, Toy Story Land AND Midway Mania all in one park. Therefore we wouldn't be getting one in each park :)

It now looks like the big decision was between Toy Story Playland and Midway Mania, rather than Ratatouille and Midway Mania, which to me makes a hell of a lot more sense. :)

Things are looking good for Remy and co :P

Mrs. Jennes

oh maybe i skipped it bot what is this Midway Mania?

Kristof

Quote from: "Mrs. Jennes"oh maybe i skipped it bot what is this Midway Mania?

It's an attraction based on Toy Story at Disney's Hollywood Studios and Disney's California Adventure Park.

You can find more information here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toy_Story_Midway_Mania

Mrs. Jennes

oh wow it sound very similar to buzz lightyear laser blast?
or was toy story mania the inspiration for it?
i guess i lost the view!

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Mrs. Jennes"oh wow it sound very similar to buzz lightyear laser blast?
or was toy story mania the inspiration for it?
i guess i lost the view!

No, TSMM only opened last year, whereas the Buzz attractions (which are now at every resort) have been around for a much longer time :)

Reiana

But I think both are basically the same type of ride.
And I think on Buzz Lightyears Laser Blast is enough even it is called TSMM.

Mrs. Jennes

yes that's what i think. both rides in one resort would be too much!

Willow

I don't think two, very different, shooting rides in the same resort is bad, its fine.

There doesn't seem to be a problem with:

Dumbo the Flying Elephant
Orbitron
Flying Carpets over Agrabah

Captain Pan

Quote from: "Willow"I don't think two, very different, shooting rides in the same resort is bad, its fine.

There doesn't seem to be a problem with:

Dumbo the Flying Elephant
Orbitron
Flying Carpets over Agrabah

Nice Point Willow... we already have the same styled attraction in one park! they just have different theming!

Exactly what TSMM and BLLB would have... BLLB is Buzz and Buzz Lightyear only TSMM has the some of the vast cast of the franchise!
And TSMM as to my recollection the same styled idea but is executed via interactive screens almost like that of House of the Dead in the Arcades, Wii Play, Links Crossbow training- not forgetting Toy Story Midway Mania which is coming on the Wii which unlike the shot target and it reloads as some of BLLB's targets does!

Anthony

Given the choice though, if we were to get a second interactive dark ride I'd much prefer Monsters Inc Ride & Seek (admittedly much more expensive). Not just because it looks completely amazing but variety.

Buzz and Midway Mania exist fine at DLR, but Buzz *plus* three separate Toy Story rides *plus* TSMM would be way too much for me, and they're probably my favourite films.

Mrs. Jennes

yes that's the point!
it's too much toy story. i really like the movies and i'm sure i would visite these attractions with much fun, but i just think there could be another theme, just to make it more varied.
I mean there are also 3 darkrides next to each other in Fantasyland but that's also not boring because they deal with different themes and stories.