Ratatouille: L'Aventure Totalement Toquée de Rémy

Started by The Butlin Boy, October 12, 2007, 10:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roaldbergmann

I've totally lost the overview of this. Is there some kind of map that explain where costume building is, where TSP will go + the pathways and where we sugest RDR (Ratatouille Dark Ride) will be? :-)

charlied

Could this ride act as another kind of mini land just like TSPL. It could be like a French Epcot kind of thing, with a Gusteau's and maybe a boulangerie, and cobbled streets with a fountain in the middle (don't what to be to stereotypical).  :lol:

Riebi

Oh yes! please give me a fountain!  [-o<  A big one!
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

DLP-Photos.com

The description of the attraction so far sounds very promising and as said this could be one of the best attractions at the Studios. I hope (and am sure that) the themening will be awesome on the inside as well as on the outside given us some true studio atmosphere combined with some french street atmosphere.

Quote from: "Anthony"I don't expect it to replace the Costuming building, that'd be far too expensive. Surely behind that building, on the area of forest between costuming and the Dinotopia set would be more sensible. The path running alongside Toy Story Playland leads right there.

That would be a great location for this area as it will devide it a bit from Toon Studio and the soon-to-come TSPL.

And oh yes give us a fountain  [-o<
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

RnRCj

There's a new article about the Ratatouille attraction at Disneytheque. You will need a translator if you don't understand French:

//http://www.disneytheque.com/article-23.html

It actually seems very well thought out. It sounds like there will be loads of cool effects and AAs.

Despite it being another toon-based attraction, I am rather looking forward to this! :mrgreen:

davewasbaloo

The rumoured budget sounds encouraging. If it is on the scale of Tokyo's Winnie the Pooh it will be great. If it is the GPS vehicles, but on the scale of Pooh or Monsters in California, I would be a little worried. I hope they get this right.

Seeing a family friendly AA attraction in WDSP would be excellent.
since 2001 (many before that)

charlied

Looking at that article on Disneytechque it says that we will have to say goodbye to The Little Mermaid, Splash Mountain and Indiana Jones Adventure  :cry: Hopefully that's not true, although the Ratatouille ride (complete with boutique and Gusteau's table service restaurant) looks good.

Kristof

Quote from: "charlied"Looking at that article on Disneytechque it says that we will have to say goodbye to The Little Mermaid, Splash Mountain and Indiana Jones Adventure  :cry: Hopefully that's not true, although the Ratatouille ride (complete with boutique and Gusteau's table service restaurant) looks good.

The article posted by Disneytheque mentions that the real restaurant inside the ride has been cut.

charlied

NO!!! Not more bad news. The wait for a table service restaurant at WDS continues...

QTXAdsy

Well, you have to remember that they would of gone for Ratatouille in the the first place:

1: it would be cheeper than building big rides like Splash Mountain.
2: it fits better in France
3: the film is very popular in France

Mind you, unless they decide to carry on the 20th celebrations for another year, then we might see our dreamed rides after all, we did get ToT better late than never. :wink:

Here Come The Belgians!

Hathaway Browne

While I'd rather see Splash and Mermaid, I guess it would be good to have another unique attraction at the Resort.

And for those after a fountain, don't forget there was a fountain in front of Gusteau's, so its quite possible.
Marching along, we\'re Adventurers! Singing the Song of Adventurers!
Up or Down, North, South, East or West An Adventurers Life is Best!

RnRCj

So we still won't be getting a restaurant? That's ridiculous. This would have been the perfect opportunity. Perhaps they're holding it back and building it in 2013?

I do wonder if any sort of "masterplan" for WDS exists. It's almost as if they're having a secret raffle backstage, drawing out bits of paper saying what they're going to build next. There doesn't appear to be any particular direction they are heading.

CafeFantasia

I don't believe a masterplan for WDS exists. Everything they're adding now seems so disconnected, random and messy, pieced together with little overall vision. It's a far cry from Disneyland Park, which was designed by geniuses. But that was 20 years ago.

I wonder how many times the Studio Tram Tour will re re-routed, as last minute plans get approved? I'm surprised they re-routed it, but only pushed it back a little bit. They'll surely have to re-route it again. What a waste of money.

Kristof

Quote from: "RnRCj"So we still won't be getting a restaurant? That's ridiculous. This would have been the perfect opportunity. Perhaps they're holding it back and building it in 2013?

I do wonder if any sort of "masterplan" for WDS exists. It's almost as if they're having a secret raffle backstage, drawing out bits of paper saying what they're going to build next. There doesn't appear to be any particular direction they are heading.

Yes there is a master plan for WDS, just like there is one for DLP.  But both have changed sooooo many times, they're adjusted yearly depending on what guests want and Euro Disney's financial status.  Last version I saw of WDS showed a soundstage where TSPL is being build now and the Tram Tour circling the entire forest. I believe that plan was drawn 2 years ago.

RnRCj

Quote from: "Kristof"Yes there is a master plan for WDS, just like there is one for DLP.  But both have changed sooooo many times, they're adjusted yearly depending on what guests want and Euro Disney's financial status.  Last version I saw of WDS showed a soundstage where TSPL is being build now and the Tram Tour circling the entire forest. I believe that plan was drawn 2 years ago.
Thanks Kristof! Okay, so at least we know that they have some idea of what they want to do. It's sad that that the masterplan changes so much though. They really need to stick to their plans for WDS to become a great park. I'm sure they have several good ideas for the park, but those are probably dropped in favour of things like TSPL.