Just how frightening is the Rock 'n' Roller Coaster?

Started by RocketBabyDoll, April 09, 2007, 10:40:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dlrpdudette

I love RnRC, especially the launch, it's just the right speed for me (Space Mountain slightly too slow and the fastest I've done - about 70-80mph at Alton Towers was too fast) I also tend to smack my head a bit but thats my own fault, I have a habit that when I like the music I tend to headbang (especially since it's rock music). If you keep your head still, all is good.
July 2001 - Disneyland Resort CA - Offsite ~ August 2004 - DLRP - Santa Fe ~ March 2006 - DLRP - Cheyenne ~ January 2007 - DLRP - Sequoia Lodge ~ August 2007 - WDW and USF - Offsite ~ June 2008? - DLRP? - Santa Fe?

Mansion Staff

the coaster is very enjoyable, but I havent ridden it for a couple of years, why?
because I cant stand anticipation, they have a countdown and everything, too stressfull than me
well we all cant come and go by BUBBLE!

be careful, or Ill drop a house on you.

Grumpphil

Quote from:
Great photo, tubbsy. :lol: Those two men in front of you are wearing glasses, so would you say it's safe to keep your glasses on during the ride?[/quote
If you do keep your glasses on make sure you keep your head facing forwards when the ride stops.

I turned my head to hear what my son was saying to me just as the harness came up and I got a nasty gash on the bridge of my nose.

It is quite cool having a scar from RNRC though!

tubbsy

:lol:  :lol: What a story to tell about your scar!

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

giuly09

My son and me went on it three times last week and even if the first time around i was MUCH scared and worried about it (my son was nervous too), i loved every single second of RNRC.
It is pretty smooth and the music and lights are great.
Queues were never long (the longest was 10 minutes) and on thursday morning around 10.30 they even let us choose which wagon we liked because there was quite no queue.
The only *bad* thing i can tell is the last time we went both me and my son felt the protection was not tight enough and we felt like flying away at times.

Giulia

tubbsy

I've just read through the thread and at the beginning I was saying i'd go on again.
Now its only days til we go again I've changed my mind! I cant see myself ever going on it again! :roll:  :lol:

Giulia-I felt like i was fallin outof my seat a LOT when I went on it and thats what has put me off a lot. I just didnt feel safe.

Ah well, at least I can say I have done it

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Daz777777

I lined up for this on my last visit but dropped out at the last minute.

I'm going back in November so I'm considering riding it this time.
I've only ever done BTM mountain which was great but I do suffer from motion sickness and I do suffer from on the odd occasion from a car accident about 6 years ago. I think I'm probably being too cautious but it would be great to know how this compares to BTM to help me decide if I should be ok on this ride.

Thank you

Darren

pjulie75

I love it!  It is sooooo fast, a smooth ride and the lights and music are amazing.  Your just need to keep your head back.  I think it is a lot smoother that Space Mountain, when I have been on Space Mountain my head is knocked about and I don't really enjoy it.  RNR is really fast and the ride is over before you know it.  I would recommend Rock N Roller.  Go on, give it a try.........

Anonymous

Wasn't so smooth on my camera last holiday. It wrecked my camera on the first day and I had to go and buy a new camera for the rest of the week.

:?

Futurecastmember

if you're not affraid of wild rollercoaster then you can easily go on  :D It's really fun, and the quick start is the best  :D It reminds abit about space mountain, but maeby with a loop or two extra I guess  :roll:
It\'s just like we dreamed it
As far as I can see
It\'s just like we dreamed it
As good as good can be
And I know it\'s so much better
\'Cause we dreamed it up together
Just like we dreamed it, to life! Magically...

Annual passport holder! FANTASY!

Kristof

Re:
Quote from: "Dark_Prince"Wasn't so smooth on my camera last holiday. It wrecked my camera on the first day and I had to go and buy a new camera for the rest of the week.

:?

In fact, you're not allowed to film/photograph inside... Steve Tyler's revenge perhaps?  :-k

Tinkerbelle

I just love this rollercoaster!!! My favourite is still Space Mountain but as you all say, this one is a LOT SMOOTHER... I always get out of SMM2 with a nasty neck, head, and ears ache...
We rode it many times this week, i lost count. One time the music was off, and other time there was something strange with the lights, like not all of them were working

RnRCj

Quote from: "Tinkerbelle"I just love this rollercoaster!!! My favourite is still Space Mountain but as you all say, this one is a LOT SMOOTHER... I always get out of SMM2 with a nasty neck, head, and ears ache...
We rode it many times this week, i lost count.

I'm very glad to hear you enjoyed it!

Quote from: "Tinkerbelle"One time the music was off,

Yeah, that happens occasionally. You were probably just unlucky. :wink:

Quote from: "Tinkerbelle"and other time there was something strange with the lights, like not all of them were working

That seems to be happening quite a lot lately. :? How often were the lights not working properly? Did it happen quite a lot or just every now and then?

Tinkerbelle

Quote from: "RnRCj"That seems to be happening quite a lot lately. :? How often were the lights not working properly? Did it happen quite a lot or just every now and then?
It happened only one time out of 6... SMM2 seemed to have a lot more problems than RnRC though  :roll:

Another thing I noticed is that there was no smoke, last year I remember the smoke and its particular smell...

I forgot to tell that one time the lady that was in front of us in the pre-show (you know, the film with aerosmith) skipped it, opened the door and we had to go behind her due to the stampede of park guests wanting to rush through the door... she saved us a lot of time and queue places though :P (we didn't do it again we're nice people i swear :P)

RnRCj

Quote from: "Tinkerbelle"
Quote from: "RnRCj"That seems to be happening quite a lot lately. :? How often were the lights not working properly? Did it happen quite a lot or just every now and then?
It happened only one time out of 6... SMM2 seemed to have a lot more problems than RnRC though  :roll:

Oh good, that's not as quite as bad as I thought it was. :lol: Still not great though!

Quote from: "Tinkerbelle"Another thing I noticed is that there was no smoke, last year I remember the smoke and its particular smell...

The smoke is another thing that doesn't always work. :(  It's such a shame because it adds a lot to the ride, and it has a great smell too.

Quote from: "Tinkerbelle"I forgot to tell that one time the lady that was in front of us in the pre-show (you know, the film with aerosmith) skipped it, opened the door and we had to go behind her due to the stampede of park guests wanting to rush through the door... she saved us a lot of time and queue places though :P (we didn't do it again we're nice people i swear :P)

Naughty, naughty! [-X :lol:  I really don't like it when people do that, but like you said, you seem to be forced out the doors by the stampede of guests. I think the doors should be locked until the end of the preshow. :P