Just how frightening is the Rock 'n' Roller Coaster?

Started by RocketBabyDoll, April 09, 2007, 10:40:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nath

Nothing is ever painfull, just the vekoma coasters - RNRC and space mountain - are a little rattly due to the manufacturer.

They're all very fun and not that intense if i'm being honest. Spce mountain has 3 inversions, rnrc has 2, indiana jones has 1.

The fasted launch in the area is RNRC which still isn't that much, it's just fun.

Don't worry about going upside down, you're only upside down for a second. And on space mountain you don't even really realise until you do the corkscrew over the meteorites :)

fly_with_me_dumbo

Quote from: "Nath"Nothing is ever painfull, just the vekoma coasters - RNRC and space mountain - are a little rattly due to the manufacturer.

They're all very fun and not that intense if i'm being honest. Spce mountain has 3 inversions, rnrc has 2, indiana jones has 1.

The fasted launch in the area is RNRC which still isn't that much, it's just fun.

Don't worry about going upside down, you're only upside down for a second. And on space mountain you don't even really realise until you do the corkscrew over the meteorites :)

how can you not realise your upside down and i thought rnrc was meant to be smooth?

bikemonkey

how can you not realise your upside down and i thought rnrc was meant to be smooth?

Trust me, it's not as obvious that you're upside down as you might think!  The main thing you feel is the centripetal force pushing you into your seat.  It's not like doing a headstand.

And compared to riding a wooden rollercoaster, RNRC is smooth.  Also, your ears don't get bashed like on Indiana Jones.

fly_with_me_dumbo

i love fast rides, will i like this even if it goes upside down?

RnRCj

Quote from: "Nath"Nothing is ever painfull, just the vekoma coasters - RNRC and space mountain - are a little rattly due to the manufacturer.

Just a couple of corrections:

- Rock n Roller Coaster is smooth
- Rock n Roller Coaster has 3 inversions

:lol:

fly_with_me_dumbo

rnrcj- you seem to be a massive fan lol, how bad is it, can you really not tell your upside down?

RnRCj

Quote from: "fly_with_me_dumbo"rnrcj- you seem to be a massive fan lol, how bad is it, can you really not tell your upside down?

The first couple of big loops you don't really notice - But the corkscrew is more noticable since you travel round it quite slowly and you feel yourself drop out of your seat onto the harnesses (I bet that's really put you off :P). But really, loops aren't bad. I used to be scared of them, but after riding all the coaster at DLRP I overcame that fear. Now I'd go on any ride in the world :lol:

Just give it a try. It's only 1 minute and if you don't like it you don't have to do it again :)

bikemonkey

exactly, what's the worst that could happen?  You may not like the feeling that lasts for about 1s.  By the time you've realised you don't like it, the ride's over and you're buying your on-ride photo!

fly_with_me_dumbo

Quote from: "RnRCj"
Quote from: "fly_with_me_dumbo"rnrcj- you seem to be a massive fan lol, how bad is it, can you really not tell your upside down?

The first couple of big loops you don't really notice - But the corkscrew is more noticable since you travel round it quite slowly and you feel yourself drop out of your seat onto the harnesses (I bet that's really put you off :P). But really, loops aren't bad. I used to be scared of them, but after riding all the coaster at DLRP I overcame that fear. Now I'd go on any ride in the world :lol:

Just give it a try. It's only 1 minute and if you don't like it you don't have to do it again :)

ok yeah you just did make it seem bad lol,  :shock:

Nath

Quote from: "RnRCj"

Just a couple of corrections:

- Rock n Roller Coaster is smooth
- Rock n Roller Coaster has 3 inversions

:lol:

Technically it has two! A Roll Over (also knowns as a Serpent Roll) and a Corkscrew. The Roll Over however inverts twice, but technically it is one element!

When I went on it last it was still a little rough, especially transition wise and the corner getting to the MCBR is also not that great either, although saying that, it is a lot smoother than the other Vekoma's i've gone on.

You shouldn't worry about how rattly a coaster is, Hell, Space Mountain is one of my favourite coasters but it's only rattly due to the upstop wheels, but these get changed and oiled mostly every year. When it comes down to it, you're not going to smash your head into the restraints, in my opinion Vekoma are the roughest manufacturer, but you'll still enjoy the experience on RnRC. If you've got any problems with your head hitting the over the shoulder restraints, just stick it forward. Resolves the problem instantly. :)

Regarding the inverted feeling, you don't really feel it, you do however feel it on RnRC rather than space mountain, but you don't need to worry about it. You see where you are going, so you know what path the train is going to follow, and when you do see yourself going upside down, i'd say it's only about two seconds max. Don't close your eyes, enjoy the feeling, it's not dissorientating in anyway, it's just one big buzz!

The speed is OK, and the launch doesn't push too hard on your chest either. (I sometimes have problems with breathing on certain types of rides due to my asthma) As soon as it gets to the Mid Course Break Run, It feels like it loses its punch so even if you are scared at first you'll be fine after the first inversion.

fly_with_me_dumbo

im kinda convinced :?  its just i said i'd never go on one but now im like i want to because i do get a thrill out going fast. if i do decide i wanna go on it, it'll just be convinving my mum to let me on :P  i mean im 16 and never really been on a roller coaster except thunder mountain :oops:  i've been on fast fair rides that spin you around and that obviously not at 60mph, so im half way there of being convinced. anybody else got a little talk for me :D

RocketBabyDoll

Well, I'm someone who's not really into roller coasters that much. I hate high drops, but I really love inversions. Loops not so much, because you don't really feel it, like everyone said. But corkscrews are just amazing. Too bad they never last longer than a second. I want a coaster consisting of only corkscrews.  :lol:
Don\'t waste your time or time will waste you

Anonymous

You don't realise you're upside down on Space Mountain or Rock N' Rollercoaster. You know on Indy because you can see it coming, but it's over that quick you don't have time to think about it.

I've never felt myself pushed up against the harness on any of the Disney coasters when they've gone upside down - so I wouldn't let that comment put you off.

Recommendation, try Indy first. Then move up to Rock N' Rollercoaster, and when you feel ready, go for Space Mountain.

fly_with_me_dumbo

Quote from: "Dark_Prince"You don't realise you're upside down on Space Mountain or Rock N' Rollercoaster. You know on Indy because you can see it coming, but it's over that quick you don't have time to think about it.

I've never felt myself pushed up against the harness on any of the Disney coasters when they've gone upside down - so I wouldn't let that comment put you off.

Recommendation, try Indy first. Then move up to Rock N' Rollercoaster, and when you feel ready, go for Space Mountain.

oh but people have said your ears get bashed????

Anonymous

Your head gets bashed in between the headrest on Space Mountain. It's a very rough ride, that's why I said to build up to it. I've not experienced that really on Indy and Rock N' Rollercoaster, you just need to make sure you keep your head back against the rest. It's difficult to keep your head still though on Space Mountain.