The Riverboats

Started by Katie-Sparrow, July 19, 2008, 07:52:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Katie-Sparrow

Sorry if this has already been posted before but is it tre that the riverboats in frontierland are on tracks? x
[size=200]Princess Katie[/size]

RnRCj

Yes, that's right. If you have the Disneyland Paris - From Sketch To Reality book, turn to page 83 and there is an aerial photo where you can just about see the tracks below the water. :wink: The River Rogue Keelboats however are not on tracks and are driven by the Cast Members.

Clarebelle

Thats why the The River Rogue Keelboats  arent out very often any more. you can also see the tracks on google earth
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Kristof

Quote from: "Clarebelle"Thats why the The River Rogue Keelboats  arent out very often any more. you can also see the tracks on google earth

The Keelboats were closed for 6 years in an effort to save on budget.  However with the increasing capacity during the 15th Anniversary were more attractions needed, resulting in the return of the Keelboats.

Clarebelle

I was told it was because of new laws, and that the CM's had to have some sort of training to man one. but thanks for clearing it up!

Anthony

Quote from: "Clarebelle"I was told it was because of new laws, and that the CM's had to have some sort of training to man one. but thanks for clearing it up!
Well, we believe that's why their return was delayed by a year (should have been in 2006, not 2007), but budget cutting was why they disappeared in the first place.

bigrossco

i dont even remember seeing the Riverboats when i was there in 2000!

Is it worth going on?
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

never2old

Quote from: "bigrossco"i dont even remember seeing the Riverboats when i was there in 2000!

Is it worth going on?

I love the Riverboats!! It's a nice, relaxing ride, you have nice views over Frontierland and BTM... And waiting times are never too bad, so I'd say it's definitely worth it!!

Clarebelle

Quote from: "never2old"
Quote from: "bigrossco"i dont even remember seeing the Riverboats when i was there in 2000!

Is it worth going on?

I love the Riverboats!! It's a nice, relaxing ride, you have nice views over Frontierland and BTM... And waiting times are never too bad, so I'd say it's definitely worth it!!

The riverboats are fantastic, and very calming after a ride on BTM  :D