Golden Forest & Admirals Floor

Started by Disney Matt, January 07, 2015, 05:18:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Disney Matt

Hello there everyone :)

I'm torn between the Sequoia Lodge (which i have just stayed at in Dec) & trying the Newport Bay Club.
Was wondering what the difference is between Sequoia's Golden Forest Club & Newport Bay's Admirals Floor?

One thing I did notice was when you choose to select a different room type for Newport it says Compass Club Room?! Is that the Admirals floor?

And finally has anyone had the room with just one double bed in it? How big is the room?

Hope someone can help  ;D
Thanks in advance!
Hotel Santa Fe - 95 / Dream Castle - Jul 07 / Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 09 / Hotel Santa Fe - Dec 12 / Sequoia Lodge - Dec 14 / Sequoia Lodge - Feb 16 / Newport Bay Club - Halloween 16 / Newport Bay Club - Feb 17

KentDisney

I have been staying in the GF club quite a bit recently despite the Newport being my favourite hotel prior to it's refurbishment **just to make that clear, the only reason I don't stay in the newport atm is because of the work**.

I'm not 100% sure on this (so maybe some other members can confirm or correct me) but I'm pretty sure that you don't get the benefits by staying on Admirals Floor as you do currently with GF. As in the private breakfast room, snacks in the evening and the hotel FastPass.

I had a room with a double bed when I first stayed in the GF, since then I've booked rooms with two double beds (I think it's just luck of the draw on whether they're available) The rooms are exactly the same size but with one double instead of two.. so lots of excess space.

DisneyRon

The Admiral's Floor as far as I'm aware, does not have the extras that the Golden Forest Club has, they're certainly not listed as such on the website, where they are for the GF Club rooms.

There was a private breakfast lounge in the hotel, but it was an extra charge, regardless if you're staying on the Admiral's Floor or not. :)

Disney Matt

Thank you very much for the advice :)

I loved the Sequoia Lodge but hoping to try Newport & hopefully when i got in early 2016 the refurbishment will be completed  :D
Hotel Santa Fe - 95 / Dream Castle - Jul 07 / Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 09 / Hotel Santa Fe - Dec 12 / Sequoia Lodge - Dec 14 / Sequoia Lodge - Feb 16 / Newport Bay Club - Halloween 16 / Newport Bay Club - Feb 17

daddyof2

My then-girlfriend and I stayed in the HNY back in 2002, and the bed we had was MASSIVE - worth considering?

Disney Matt

Prices for Hotel New York are cheap too. What's it like going in Feb? Literally the 1st.

littlebitofpixiedust

Quote from: daddyof2 on January 07, 2015, 09:01:00 PM
My then-girlfriend and I stayed in the HNY back in 2002, and the bed we had was MASSIVE - worth considering?

Couldn't agree more! Love HNY and beds are a great size too :) we've just booked it for may!

DisneyGagaChick

Can you get Limited Fastpass in Golden Forest? I've heard you can?  ::)

DisneyRon

Quote from: DisneyGagaChick on January 08, 2015, 09:56:23 PM
Can you get Limited Fastpass in Golden Forest? I've heard you can?  ::)

If you're staying at the Golden Forest club then you get a Hotel FastPass.
If you're staying in one of the suites, you get a VIP FastPass.

Disney Matt

What is a hotel fastpass?
Is it different to the standard fastpass?

DisneyRon

Quote from: Mathierson24 on January 08, 2015, 10:21:29 PM

You get a single Hotel FastPass per night of your stay per person. Each one is dated, so they're only valid on that particular date.
You can use it for any single attraction with a FastPass queue, at any point during the day (no set return time like a normal FP). They're not valid between 13:00 and 16:00.
You just walk up to the ride you want to do, hand in the voucher to the CM at the FastPass entrance and they'll let you through.

The VIP version allows you do ride any number of rides with a FastPass queue, as often as you like each day, for the entire length of your stay.

DisneyGagaChick

Quote from: DisneyRon on January 08, 2015, 10:27:41 PM

You get a single Hotel FastPass per night of your stay per person. Each one is dated, so they're only valid on that particular date.
You can use it for any single attraction with a FastPass queue, at any point during the day (no set return time like a normal FP). They're not valid between 13:00 and 16:00.
You just walk up to the ride you want to do, hand in the voucher to the CM at the FastPass entrance and they'll let you through.

The VIP version allows you do ride any number of rides with a FastPass queue, as often as you like each day, for the entire length of your stay.

Ah, that explains everything! Thanks!  ;D

VIP Fastpass would be Disney Heaven/  ::)

DisneyRon

Quote from: DisneyGagaChick on January 09, 2015, 07:34:28 PM
Quote from: DisneyRon on January 08, 2015, 10:27:41 PM

Ah, that explains everything! Thanks!  ;D

VIP Fastpass would be Disney Heaven/  ::)

They do sell VIP passes, they're €60 per day.

Sometimes they'll also offer one if something went wrong with your booking (Andybear received one for her most recent trip because she had booked a Montana Room, but those were full and received a standard room instead, plus a VIP pass for her stay).

DisneyGagaChick

Quote from: DisneyRon on January 09, 2015, 07:57:51 PM

Sometimes they'll also offer one if something went wrong with your booking (Andybear received one for her most recent trip because she had booked a Montana Room, but those were full and received a standard room instead, plus a VIP pass for her stay).

€60 per day! I thought it would be more than that!  :o

daddyof2

Quote from: DisneyGagaChick on January 11, 2015, 12:38:48 PM
Quote from: DisneyRon on January 09, 2015, 07:57:51 PM

€60 per day! I thought it would be more than that!  :o

If my room type was busy, I'd be asking to be bumped up rather than down - was the Honeymoon Suite full?