Golden Forest & Admirals Floor

Started by Disney Matt, January 07, 2015, 05:18:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DisneyGagaChick

Quote from: DisneyRon on January 09, 2015, 07:57:51 PM
They do sell VIP passes, they're €60 per day.

Wait- do you mean €60 per day for everyone or €60 EACH person for every day?  ???

DisneyRon

Quote from: DisneyGagaChick on January 12, 2015, 09:06:00 PM
Quote from: DisneyRon on January 09, 2015, 07:57:51 PM
They do sell VIP passes, they're €60 per day.

Wait- do you mean €60 per day for everyone or €60 EACH person for every day?  ???

Each... That's €60 per person, per day.  No that's not cheap, at all. :)
Guess what you're paying for when you're staying at the Castle Club in the Disneyland Hotel. ;)

DisneyGagaChick

Quote from: DisneyRon on January 12, 2015, 09:11:14 PM
Guess what you're paying for when you're staying at the Castle Club in the Disneyland Hotel. ;)

What?!  :o
So for me and my family each day= €240
That is €960 for the entire trip!  :o

I would rather just do it for a day!

The Castle Club sounds amazing and worth every penny, just too expensive :o

DisneyRon

Quote from: DisneyGagaChick on January 13, 2015, 03:08:29 PM
Quote from: DisneyRon on January 12, 2015, 09:11:14 PM

What?!  :o
So for me and my family each day= €240
That is €960 for the entire trip!  :o

I would rather just do it for a day!

The Castle Club sounds amazing and worth every penny, just too expensive :o

I wouldn't be surprised if you could get one for just 1 day, they are rather expensive after all. :)
Most people with VIP passes are either staying in a suite in one of the hotels or in the Castle Club, so you'd never have too many people in the park with one of those.
Plus those few who have one for other reasons

DisneyGagaChick

Quote from: DisneyRon on January 13, 2015, 03:56:51 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if you could get one for just 1 day, they are rather expensive after all. :)
Most people with VIP passes are either staying in a suite in one of the hotels or in the Castle Club, so you'd never have too many people in the park with one of those.
Plus those few who have one for other reasons

That's true!

I would get one for just one day, seen as we plan on going for my 21st birthday celebrations!  ::)

Is it in form of a wristband or a ticket?

DisneyRon

Quote from: DisneyGagaChick on January 13, 2015, 05:01:35 PM

That's true!

I would get one for just one day, seen as we plan on going for my 21st birthday celebrations!  ::)

Is it in form of a wristband or a ticket?

The one I've seen (and that's only Andybear's one really) was a small ticket, specifying the name of the person carrying it, the dates that it's valid, and the VIP pass number. :) You show it to the CM at the FP queue and they'll let you through.

I'm assuming that the other Disney Parks (ie. those that are not WDW) will get MagicBands eventually, but I imagine that'll be a few years yet. That would be a little more convenient I imagine. :)

carrydee44

were just back from dlp from Jan 7th to the 9th and we stayed in the golden forest.  I have stayed in every hotel in the park and this was the first time that we stayed in the sequioa which i must say was lovely and the perks of the golden forest are great.  Fab cooked hot american breakfast ie pancakes bacon potatoes... ;D ;D ;D then free drinks n coffee which you can bring back to your room and a tea time snack in the after.  The room is lovely with nepresso machine kettle teas and coffees. And a fast pass for every day you stay there.  High recommend as we got at such a discounted price. Stayed in the admirals floor few years back and well not worth the money as no perks in it to be honest mayb that will change after refurb who  knows.  Would i stay in the golden forest again yes i would
Hotel Ny 1998
Newport bay Jan 2006
Santa fe    oct 2006
Disneyland hotel jan 2008
Newport Bay oct 2008
Cheyenne Jan 2009
Cheyenne Sept 2009
Newport Bay November 2010
New York Oct 2011
Cheyenne November 2012
New York Oct 2013
Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest Jan 2015
Kyriad October 2015
Hi Park Serris December 2015
Sejours Et Affaires Rive Gauche Dec 2016

mikkelnl

Quote from: carrydee44 on January 13, 2015, 07:34:28 PM
were just back from dlp from Jan 7th to the 9th and we stayed in the golden forest.  I have stayed in every hotel in the park and this was the first time that we stayed in the sequioa which i must say was lovely and the perks of the golden forest are great.  Fab cooked hot american breakfast ie pancakes bacon potatoes... ;D ;D ;D then free drinks n coffee which you can bring back to your room and a tea time snack in the after.  The room is lovely with nepresso machine kettle teas and coffees. And a fast pass for every day you stay there.  High recommend as we got at such a discounted price. Stayed in the admirals floor few years back and well not worth the money as no perks in it to be honest mayb that will change after refurb who  knows.  Would i stay in the golden forest again yes i would
Sounds great, we're staying there next may :)

What kind of fastpass did you get, how did it work? I've been told they are adjusting the rules this year (one pass per day gives you unlimited fastpass access for one ride that day).

DisneyGagaChick

Quote from: carrydee44 on January 13, 2015, 07:34:28 PM

That sounds brill!

What was your Fastpass like? Was there limitations?

Coldupnorth

Good to hear, we have just booked
GF rooms in March. What time is the GF lounge ooen in an afternoon?

daddyof2

According to the DLP website, snacks are served 1600-1800 though I think the lounge is open all day (it only specifies the snack times)

sarahmumof4

Great to hear .

We're staying in the gf rooms in December :)
First visit - Santa Fe , March 2011

Adagio , Feb 2013

Santa Fe , Feb 2014

Fourth visit - Sequoia Lodge , Golden Forest rooms  December 2015 🎄

daddyof2

We're going in October, my trip report should follow

mikkelnl

Hello all,

I used this topic before while planning our trip, and since I am currently staying at Sequoia Lodges (sitting in the lounge as I type), here 's an update on its Golden Forest services.

The GF perks are worth it in my opinion. The waiting times for the regular breakfast seemed extreme: we passed them on our way out to the parks, and I would guess a waiting time of 30+ minutes was in order. NOT for GF guests: the separata area was NEVER busy and everytime we could simply walk up to its desk.

The GF 'snack' times (starting at 16:00h) are great, you are seated in the GF lounge area, where you must order drinks - so, you can NOT pick your drinks, they are served opened up. So, I guess they try to prevent you taking drinks etc away from the lounge. Which is logical I guess. The several pastries offered are fine, and unlimited, these you can pick up yourself.

The GF rooms are fine I guess, really nothing special, just the regular hotel room :) We didn't have a bath-stop, the waterboiler was broken, and the one of the sprinklers was leaking. All issues were resolved quickly.

The hotel itself is fine, but it is getting a bit dated, elevators are definately on their last legs and seem a bit worn down. The huge lounge area is great (though the prices for a pint are a bit ridiculous ;) ).

Overall, we enjoyed ourself here, and would NEVER choose a normal room again after experiencing the GF.

Aurora1

Last fall, we used the lounge quit a bit, due to the weather. We had drinks there, but also were able to take some to our room. After dreams we walked in and asked for drinks. And took them up to our room.