Daytime Halloween 2015

Started by Thomisa, May 06, 2015, 11:46:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thomisa

Hi all,

Will be at DLP over Halloween with our kids who will be 8 and 5. I think the Halloween party will be too late for them, but wondered what else there is going on during the day?

I know there's a parade and someone mentioned a Halloween brunch at Inventions. Does anyone know about this or anything else? The kids just want to dress up and collect sweets! Maybe I could just buy some Halloween-themed sweets at home and put them in a Halloween bag...

Many thanks  :)

msRavenswood

I believe this year's Halloween season will be more or less like the previous one. Last year DLP introduced the Villains promenade as well as Maleficent's court which was a small show with Maleficent casting a spell, followed by a meet & greet with various villains. There was also Mickey's Halloween Celebration cavalcade which is a Harvest themed parade. On Halloween there are various activities, but I believe they all take place after a specific hour and only guests with the special tickets can take part in them.

HildeKitten

I have done the SoirĂ©e Halloween 3 times, and have visited DLP during the Halloween season every year since 2005 and I personally feel  that you may as well go at the very start of the season.
Almost all of the decorations and general Halloween program will be already happening, but there will be a lot less crowds and the weather will be pleasant.
You may miss out on some extra villains, but to be honest, you'll still be able to experience the season but with much less of a crowd :)

When my husband and I were there last year the queu for Peter Pan's Flight was 15 minutes in the afternoon. I didn't see a single queue in the Disneyland Park over 30 minutes (there may have been longer ones that I just didn't notice of course). No way you'll get queues this short on Halloween.

Thomisa

Thanks both. The parade and show will be enough. And will see if we can book Inventions.

It's frustrating as we don't particularly want to go for Halloween, but it's literally the only weekend we can go for ages! Seeing as we will be there we thought we'd try and join in the fun!