Is it Wrong to Not Tell the Kids We're Going to DLP??!

Started by Sulley's Arms, February 06, 2015, 10:05:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queen Elsa

We told our daughter last time and she was nearly 4! She was not that excited as she didn't really understand where we were going and what it's all about! She will be just turned 5 next time and will be fully aware of what we are doing and where we are going and be very excited! Baring this in mind, we are keeping it a secret as long as we can! Hoping it's when we arrive at the hotel!!!!! Xx

RefusingToGrowUp

I think not telling them's a great idea! You always get brilliant reactions "What, you mean NOW?!"  I've always been told by my parents that we're going, but when I was a lot younger, not until maybe a month or so before the trip? But one time we had friends going (we were probably all around 8/9 years old) and my sister and I knew, but we had to keep quiet and it was so hard! They turned up at our house at about 2 AM and we got in the car and grinned until we were told we could tell them. There was a lot of screaming... :D

girlinleeds

my daughter knows were going (shes 5) but what her and my husband dont know is that ive upgraded the hotel to the disneyland and they wont find out till we get there as ive booked a private transfer  :D shes so excited we're picking her up straight from school and going to the airport tomorrow

thetills

We have booked our first trip in August, we haven't told our 12 and 9 year old girls yet, and going  to see how long we can keep it secret for.  :-X

KevCollins

We're going back to Dlp in August. I booked it back in January and still haven't told the girls  (aged 4 and 3) - wife doesn't even know ha ha
Sept 2013 sequoia lodge
Aug 2014 sequoia lodge
6th August 2015 HNY
30th Dec 17 - 02nd Jan 18 ???

Leigh_345

First time we went i told my daughter, she was nearly 3, she drove me insane everyday asking if it was today we was going for 4 months.  Last time we booked it in the May and got father Christmas at the trafford centre to tell her she was going on monday, she was so excited and only had to wait 4 sleeps till we went.  She has asked to go again on her birthday this october, we booked it last september, its been so hard to keep it a secret, we are going 3 days before her birthday, just going to put her in the car in the middle of the night ( we drive) and say we are going on a trip - I think she will know where as soon as we get to the tunnel as we only ever go on it to get to disney but we will see.  hopefully with us buying merlin cards and doing lots of trips will make her forget about it until we get there.

andlorna

We have done it a couple of times. The first time we did it we filmed it although they had been before it was still nice to surprise them. We did it last Nov as well we picked then up from school and told them we where going that night . We love seeing their faces.

https://youtu.be/dVvwqgAGp-Y
PREVIOUS VISITS,
Oct 06, Santa fe 3 days
Oct 07, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 08, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 09, Sequoia 4 days
Dec 09 New Year
Oct 10, Cheyenne 4 days
April 11, Cheyenne 4 days
Feb 13, Cheyenne 5 days
Feb 14, Cheyenne 5 days
Oct 14 Hipark 4 days