Disney's Halloween Festival 1st Oct-4th Nov 2012

Started by littlemermaid83, July 13, 2012, 01:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangarnold

I like the pumpkin men

Lorum

Quote from: "Josh"I think you spoke to soon. ;) Frontierland is getting the same decorations as Main Street, except that they're also getting the pumpkin men! :(

Static props like these always look odd to me, but it's better than what we usually get. (Except the one in the first photo. I don't know what's happened there!)

I was talking about emerging, not decorating. I like those photos, but we have to wait a bit more until they've completely finished decorating.
"If you can dream it, you can do it"

Josh

So maybe the plan is now ghosts in Main Street and pumpkin men in Frontierland? I think that'd work quite well.

Quote from: "Lorum"I was talking about emerging, not decorating.
Oh, do you mean the hype and advertising emerging?
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

orangarnold

One question I should ask that I have been wondering about, I've read about the characters going trick or treating, does this mean they go round giving sweets out?

Josh

I think that's referring to their trick-or-treating show on the Castle Stage. :)

Also, here come the ghosts! :D (And pumpkins!)

@InsideDLParis

Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

orangarnold

Thanks Josh

The decorations are looking really fun

DisneyManiac

Halloween is slowly unfolding!

Lorum

Quote from: "Josh"So maybe the plan is now ghosts in Main Street and pumpkin men in Frontierland? I think that'd work quite well.

Quote from: "Lorum"I was talking about emerging, not decorating.
Oh, do you mean the hype and advertising emerging?

Of course, absolutely! //http://www.magicforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14122&p=227207#p227207

Lozzie

I know a few of you are asking about Goofys candy thing and Im assuming it will be the same if not a similar thing to WDW. We went for Halloween a few years ago and they had the evening Halloween parade and inbetween the floats was Goofy riding a large bicycle contraption with sweets in it and it said "Goofys Candy Co." on the side and there were cast members walking beside it with buckets of sweets and handing them out to everyone.

Looks like they have it at Christmas aswell
"Indian Chief Indian Chief, clap clap, peekaboo peekaboo, bleeeeeeeeehhhhh"- Had that in my head ever since i saw Following the Leader with Peter Pan!

never2old

I'm loving the new decorations, it's great having the two different themes (ghosts and pumpkin men) in the 2 different lands, it works so much better than pumpkins everywhere!!

I can't wait to see these for myself this Sunday :D

SVioletS

never2old, you have fun, do everything you wish to do, have beautiful meals, build wonderful memories, share it all with the people you're going with!! and then come back and tell us all about it!

I'm going in October also (can't wait!!) and i think its going to be really cool to see all the decorations! I am a little concerned if the kids (5 and almost 2) won't be afraid...

First time ever: August 2000, one day visit!
August 2010, NewPort Bay, 5 days
October 2012, Sequoia Lodge, 5 days
April 2014, Sequoia Lodge, 6 days - Big 7th Bday Surprise for DD#1 :)
September 2015, Newport Bay 6 days - Another surprise!!!

Lorum

This is a show, and not "It's party time with Mickey and Friends".

[youtube:3sphwt28]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIGq-k7qd3I#t=26m25s[/youtube:3sphwt28]

I know I'm always full of derogatory comments, but you can't deny we've never had a show like this. DLP doesn't know how to do it. That's all.

However, I think this year they're learning something from the Americans and Japanese, and I really like the ghosts decorations.

DutchBrit

Quote from: "Lorum"I know I'm always full of derogatory comments, but you can't deny we've never had a show like this. DLP doesn't know how to do it. That's all.

If another park does it, then it is not a question of know-how. In Paris it's a question of money, as always. They either haven't got the money to spend, or think that spending on a show won't get enough of a return.

Do Europeans really care about that much about Halloween? Obviously it's a huge thing in the US and the Japanese would naturally be attracted to that sort of kitch, but in Europe I think they'd probably be better off saving the big money (if they had any) for Christmas. I'm going for the first time in Halloween season in 3 weeks (school holiday/40% off combination) but the idea of everything being over the top Halloween is putting me off more than attracting me. I can put up with the odd pumpkin, but don't much like the idea of everything being covered in spider-webs and turned "spooky". I'd much rather they didn't!

ed-uk

[

Would this Halloween scene at DLP a few years ago be over the top for you ? Hard to describe isn't it.
Ed & David

orangarnold

I don't know about you guys that are going, but I can not wait!

Is anyone else going on the 31st?