Disney's Halloween Festival 1st Oct-4th Nov 2012

Started by littlemermaid83, July 13, 2012, 01:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlemermaid83

DLP Halloween Official Press Release (translated from DLRPEXPRESS)

Mickey and all his friends are preparing a big Halloween party to celebrate the 20th Anniversary of Disneyland Paris. Between decorations, entertainment and characters, the festivities take place in Disneyland Park for a month to create a warm and ... "Halloweenesques!" From the entrance to Disneyland Park, Main Street, USA ®, visitors are immersed in a strange environment which combines pumpkins, ghosts and other malicious spirits. This mysterious atmosphere continues in the square before the castle of Sleeping Beauty and Frontierland. At the corner of Main Street, USA ®, near Town Square, visitors can admire an amazing invention for making some amazing sweets. Mickey and his best friends invite visitors to celebrate Halloween several times a day on stage at the Castle Theatre in Mickey and his surprise party for Halloween! The Disney Villains have also joined the party at meetings in Fantasyland ®. Castle Court is the privileged place of Rendezvous Disney Villains. Not to mention the big Halloween party in Disneyland Park on October 31 and Terrorific Night, more frightening than ever, October 26 and 27 at Walt Disney Studios.

This year's Halloween Festival promises of laughter and fun with a celebration created specifically for Mickey and his friends for 20 years of Disneyland Paris. A mysterious atmosphere invades the Disneyland thrill for fans of all ages: October 1 to November 4, 2012, Disneyland Park takes visitors in a multitude of tricks and magic. Sets a tone orange appear on Main Street, USA ® at the Castle of the Sleeping Beauty and Frontierland. The pumpkin-shaped head of Mickey take possession of Central Plaza. On Main Street, USA ®, people decorate their homes with the colors of Halloween, while the ghosts of former residents also invest the scene, determined to be part of the Halloween Festival too. Frontierland is a favorite spot for pumpkins and sunflowers. Visitors are immersed in an atmosphere full of extravagance that only knows how to create Disneyland Paris. Whether with family or friends, young and old will love to be scared and have fun during this Halloween season worthy of the best birthdays. Some unmissable to die ... laughing! Many appointments and shows await visitors every day in Disneyland Park together to enjoy one of the most memorable Halloween.

The Disney Villains in the new Disney Dreams ® spectacle! Disney Dreams ®!,

The spectacle created for the 20th Anniversary of Disneyland Paris amazes visitors every night. This unique evening show combines the latest technology with the most advanced special effects. For the first time, visitors are at the heart of the action with absolutely unique effects on the Castle of the Sleeping Beauty. Disney Dreams ®! above all tells a magical story full of emotions where Disney villains are not far behind. One of the most impressive paintings (and scary!) The show depicts the greatest Disney villains. The mischievous Dr. Facilier, the evil Ursula, or the treacherous Captain Hook arm themselves with ingenuity to scare visitors. presented each night in the Disneyland Park, Disney Dreams ®! THE show is not to be missed, concentrate of magic, not seen at Disneyland Paris. Location: in front of the Castle of the Sleeping Beauty - Disneyland

Mickey and his surprise party for Halloween

Halloween is the perfect opportunity for fun, and be afraid to dress up! In fact, Mickey and his friends organize the best Halloween parties on the Theatre du Château: daily, Mickey and Minnie Mouse dress up as vampires, Donald dons his mischievous little devil costume, and Tic Tac's' dress up as ghosts, Goofy and Daisy clumsy skeleton puts her dress bat. Program: Introduction to Hula Hoop with Goofy, hunt bats with Donald and learning flights of ghosts with Chip and Dale ... Mickey and Minnie are the referees of this series of games conducted masterfully by each of their friends. A great moment of fun for this interactive show presented several times a day. Location: The Castle Theatre, Castle of Sleeping Beauty - Disneyland

The Rendezvous Villains Disney

Occupying an important place in the new show Night Dreams Disney ®!, the Disney Villains give a new appointment in day visitors to Disneyland Paris Halloween is the only time of year when they can wear their colors with pride the wicked, they show visitors that they do best: be wickedly funny! To celebrate Halloween as it should, the Disney Villains rendezvous for visitors for meetings joyfully scary at the entrance to Fantasyland behind the Château de la Belle au Bois Dormant. Location : Court of the Castle, Fantasyland - Disneyland

Goofy Candy

Smoke captivating escape from a strange candy machine and disperses on Town Square. Designed by Goofy himself Goofy Candy is an invention unique, colorful and sweet! Created especially for Halloween, this funny machine suggests the secrets of making candy. Visitors can take the opportunity to take a break before this strange creation. Dingo himself made ??a few appearances even for a distribution of sweets, in the purest tradition of Halloween. Location: Town Square, Disneyland Park

Cemetery Jack and Sally (from The Nightmare Before Christmas Tim Burton Jack)

The famous couple of the Nightmare Before Christmas Jack makes an appointment for visitors to Disneyland Paris for a meeting mortally enchanting. In a scene that recreates the world of film, Jack and Sally greet in person those who are brave enough to venture into their graveyard. Faithful reproduction of the universe of Tim Burton Cemetery Jack and Sally is a unique, specially created for the Halloween Festival. Location: Phantom Manor - Disneyland Evenings Festival Halloween

The Halloween Party Disney:

The place not to be missed 31 October 2012 Between spells and spirits pranksters, the screams are guaranteed to Disneyland Paris ... even the bravest! The now famous Halloween Party Disney * takes place October 31, 2012 in Disneyland Park. The rhythm of street entertainment and lively shows, the evening promises to Disney Halloween book of surprises for the 20th Anniversary of Disneyland Paris. Visitors were invited to come in costume (1), discover the Disneyland Park as they have ever seen, with decorations and mysterious atmosphere of "hell". And to finish off the evening, the Disney Villains rendezvous for visitors to Disney Dreams ®!, The new night show created especially for the 20th Anniversary of Disneyland Paris. A unique experience to live with family or friends from 20:30 at 1am. * Event fee: € 35 per person, free for children under 3 years.

Terrorific Night:

Yell of terror the 26 & 27 October 2012! After the great success of previous editions, the evenings Terrorific Night * take back control of the Walt Disney Studios Park on 26 and 27 October 2012 from 20:30 to 1 am, for new experiences in a world ever more terrifying ... tension, suspense, scenes worthy of the greatest horror films and animations Machiavellian ... everything has been designed to immerse visitors in an atmosphere fatally unforgettable! This year, the parties reserve a new surprise! The famous writer Maxim Chattam himself came to bring a touch of terror in one of the attractions of Walt Disney Studios Park: a unique short film, screened exclusively in the evenings. A real experience, up to the novelist's talent knowing all the tricks of the American thriller. the most intrepid visitors will lose their bearings: filled with scary creatures and monstrous, the Park turns throughout the night ... Some attractions are even modified and take visitors to the discovery of frightening experiences. Every corner of the characters haunting houses the Walt Disney Studios and visitors at the same time ... The Terrorific Night with Walt Disney Studios, the nights are full of anguish and terror ...! * Event fee: € 35 per person - Not recommended for under 12

On the occasion of 20th Anniversary Disneyland Paris invites visitors to experience moments scarily funny from 1 October to 4 November 2012 at the Halloween Festival.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

disneymagique

Wow, this is really good news.!!  =D>
... I was very scared, that the boring Halloween of 2011 was the new tradition.

This gives the hope for a classic and fun Halloween.!  :D/
Watch my Disney videos at: www.youtube.com/disneymagique

15MagicalYears

This sounds interesting, although you can never really tell with DLP as they fluff up the smallest of things. I suppose we'll just have to wait and see what's really in-store for us this Halloween. Also, it doesn't really sound like Disney Dreams is undergoing any changes, it just seems to mention that the villains appear in the show.

carrydee38

sounds great...though anything would be a major improvement on last years shambles that they called halloween....but it does sound like a little more going on than before we will have to wait and see...

Scissorsboi

Sounds good! They're trying new things, which is only ever good for an event which has been running the same for so long! I'm a little unnerved at the mention of "orange" on Main Street.. I hope it's not a return of the Pumpkinmen statues!

As for the "malicious" spirits, I wonder if they'll do a similar street show similar to Hong Kong's zombie Main Street?

[youtube:326xo61p]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mn5hdH_di5A[/youtube:326xo61p]

Looking forward to seeing Goofy's candy machine! That should be a nice, I'm expecting a float like addition with a few moving parts etc? The only thing I'm a little let down by is the moving of Villains to the Castle Courtyard, I like seeing them roaming in front of Phantom Manor, it feels right for them to be there!

Just need to see if we can get Halloween into Discoveryland now, imagine a Dark Vader takeover..
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

15MagicalYears

Quote from: "Scissorsboi"I'm a little unnerved at the mention of "orange" on Main Street.. I hope it's not a return of the Pumpkinmen statues!

I'm thinking (or maybe just hoping) it'll be the replacement of the golden bunting for more seasonal bunting like the US parks use -

Also, the Goofy's Candy happening instantly reminded me of the float WDW uses at Halloween / Christmas for Goofy's Candy Co -

littlemermaid83

I agree, I don't think the Villians being in Fantasyland makes sense at all. But it sounds like a huge improvement over last year.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

amanda08

so happy now :D we are going 14th to 19th october and I was a bit worried nothing very halloweeny would be going on!
Now ever more excited then :D

captain rocket

Well it looks like a typical DLRP press release with a lot of talk and not much solid information.
The Disney Villains in Dreams? Already there!
Mickeys party on Castle Stage? Same as last year.
Disney Villains in Castle Courtyard? Wrong place and a very difficult place to view! What happened to a dedicated stage outside Cowboy Cookout? Too expensive?
Jack & Sally outside Phantom Manor? Not as good as when they had their own mausoleum!
So, what we are left with is something orange on main Street and Goofy's candy machine.
Now, all of this could be brilliant and something to look forward to, but after last years fiasco I don't get the impression that this will be any better. I hope I am wrong, but this information will not lure me back for Halloween and this was my favourite time of year which I really used to look forward to.

littlemermaid83

I think this year is actually going to be a lot better than last year. I still want the Halloween float back though.

Kristof

In case you haven't heard yet, the Main Street decorations will be inspired by the ghost decorations from Tokyo Disneyland:

Tokyo Disneyland Haunted Mansion Ghosts Escape into the Park by meanderingmouse, on Flickr

Regarding the "old" props (pumpkin men, mausoleum, Bat Stage, ...) these aren't allowed to be used any more because they are not up to the Disney Standard (remember the Pink Witches?  :P )

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "Kristof"Regarding the "old" props (pumpkin men, mausoleum, Bat Stage, ...) these aren't allowed to be used any more because they are not up to the Disney Standard (remember the Pink Witches?  :P )

Since when did that bother DLP?  :lol:

Kristof

Every creative decision has to be approved by Glendale now.

Columbiad

Quote from: "Kristof"Every creative decision has to be approved by Glendale now.

This has made my night!

15MagicalYears

Quote from: "Columbiad"
Quote from: "Kristof"Every creative decision has to be approved by Glendale now.

This has made my night!

I second that, that's great news!