New security gate on DLRP Railroad

Started by captain rocket, October 22, 2012, 01:00:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

captain rocket

I have'nt read anywhere about new gates on each cabin on the Disneyland Paris railroad, but last week I took these photos whilst riding the W F Cody
I assume that this has been brought about by French Elf & Safety rules, I have'nt read about any incidents on the trains that would lead to this expensive modification.It is now rather tedious riding the train, last week there was only the one train running and we waited 25 minutes at Frontierland station and this seemed to be caused by the time it takes the cast members to empty and load the carriages. When the train stops they have to depress a pedal at the end of each carriage and then open each individual gate, you cannot open the gates yourself! When you are ready to go, they come around and close the gates. What do you all think?

RockNRoller

Sure I remember someone getting hurt jumping off the train whilst still moving last year.  Certainly seen people attempt it last time I was there. As usual it only takes a couple of complete Muppets, no offense Kermit, to spoil it for the rest of us. I guess as this is new its a bit slow at the moment, hopefully the process will get quicker with practice.
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

mickeyspal

I haven't heard of an incident on the trains, but it wouldn't surprise me if this is the reason for the safety gates.
There's always 1 idiot that will try to jump off before the train comes to a stop, usually find they're also the ones that push past to be first on the train. It wouldn't bother me about the time it takes the cm's to open / shut gates as I just go on the trains to relax and be lazy for 10/15mins. I agree with RockNRoller that the process will quicken once the cm's are used to it
1993 + 2005 - Hotel Cheyenne
1995 - Walt Disney World Florida
1997 - Hotel New York
1998 - Hotel Santa Fe
2000 + 2006 + 2012 + 2014 - Sequoia Lodge
2002 + 2004 +  2009 - Newport Bay
2007 + 2015 - Hong Kong Disney
2007 - DLP (1 day visit)
2017 - Disneyland Hotel - Cinderella Suite
2018 - Disney Cruise- Mediterranean
2019 - Disneyland Hotel
2020 - Disney Merrytime Cruise - Caribbean