Disney's Halloween Festival 1st Oct-4th Nov 2012

Started by littlemermaid83, July 13, 2012, 01:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josh

Awesome. :D This is making me want to visit at that time of the year.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "Kristof"Every creative decision has to be approved by Glendale now.

Thats fantastic news! I really do have high hopes this year for Halloween now.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Patrick89

Quote from: "15MagicalYears"

I like this "traditional" Halloween creation though. If there are some ghosts and stuff, it would be alright for me (I also like the Pumpkinmen), but just thinking back to the time of this Pumpkinmen-tower going from Thunder Mesa-shore to BTM or the "Mummy" Riverboat - that was much to extreme in my opinion. In these years, Frontierland was something completely different, but I think Halloween should just be a meaningful addition and not a complete modification.
Secure all cargo, all passengers aboard!

---------------------------------------------

Bring back the moon!

Lorum

I'm happy if every creative decision around Disney Dreams! must be approved by Glendale. Remember what happens on Bastille's Day, when they didn't know how to run any Disney Dreams' fireworks/fountains/projection system.
"If you can dream it, you can do it"

Twinkleybelle

Hi I am going on Oct 6th (saturday) and just wondered how many times a day Mickey and his surprise party for Halloween was on? Do you need to get a good spot to see it and if so how long should we wait before it starts? How long does it last?

also what is the Goofy candy machine? Is that stationary in one place or moves around? Is it only certain times of day?

Thank you

captain rocket

The party is held on the castle stage and there is plenty of good viewing in front of it, last year it ran several times a day. The candy machine has not been seen in DLRP before, so no one really knows what it is at the moment

DisneyManiac

Can't wait to see what Disney has to offer! Going on 18th October! I am a bit disappointed about the Pumpkin Men! I understand the props could do with slick of paint or some new ones could have been good! But there really was no need to get rid of them! All they needed was a backstory! Actually, here is my version:

:offtopic: Backstory :offtopic:

Before DLRP was made Thunder Mesa was already standing where Frontierland was along with Fort ____ .  Remember Old Joe who sits along the Rivers of the Far West? Well, he had quite a backstory! He was caught up in something called... The Great Pumpkin Robbery! Which happened when Thunder Mesa realised that pumpkins was next best thing for Halloween so a group of bandits from Thunder Mesa Jail were paid if they stole pumpkins from Old Joe who owned a pumpkin farm. But one day Old Joe fighted back! He tried to hit the bandits with a shovel but ended up getting beaten to death! They ignored his pumpkins and took his body back to Thunder Mesa and dumped him in an abandoned shack beside the Rivers of the Far West, they dumped his dog aswell, but they didn't kill the dog! Strange! You can see them today! Continuing with the story... The bandits got extra money for killing him! Thunder Mesa must be selfish of him! So the bandits continued with their job, but! When they returned... The Pumpkins were missing! They were about to head back to Thunder Mesa when a shadow loomed over them, they turned around and there stood a Pumpkin Man! His insides turned red then he let out a shrieking scream! Thunder Mesa residents heard the scream and headed to the farm. But when they arrived all there was, was a pile of money smothered in orange paint! Realising that the bandits were dead they headed back home. But when they came back to Thunder Mesa the town was covered in orange paint!

What do you think?

DisneyManiac

Oh and does anyone know if the pumpkin men will still be in Main Street? Meeting and Greeting?

Martin B

Your wish may come true!
@DisneyMart - Follow me on twitter and I\'ll tweet live from Disneyland Paris and other Disney locations on our magical adventures... www.twitter.com/DisneyMart

DisneyManiac

Thanks for the reassurence! 8)

DisneyManiac

Does anyone know if Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party will be on?

ewormas

Hi, Mickey's Not So Scary Party isn't on this year  :(    just the Halloween party on the 31st.

Lorum

Too much money.
"If you can dream it, you can do it"

littlemermaid83

A lot of things are not happening this year due to Dreams sucking up DLP's budget. It's shame no MNSSHP this year but maybe it will be back next year.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Robert97

I hope the fountains dance to some kind of Halloween Music in the day time.