Terrorific Night 2- 30th October 2010

Started by JelleP, June 20, 2010, 01:35:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete's Dragon

Maybe the key to the video is that the guy can't leave. Maybe its a subliminal hint that Disney are gonna start taking prisoners, forcing you to stay and sucking your bank account dry before they let you go home.
 But I did find it weird that the firedoor from ToT leads straight to RnRC. What a way to beat the queues that would be

RnRCj

Terrorific Night 2! :D

[youtube:2gxpwbaa]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0obfH8Ojk0[/youtube:2gxpwbaa]

Donald-Duck-Malta

Quote from: "RnRCj"Terrorific Night 2! :D

[youtube:34l0zzvs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0obfH8Ojk0[/youtube:34l0zzvs]

awesome! :D and spookeyyy :thumbs:

tubbsy

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"Maybe the key to the video is that the guy can't leave. Maybe its a subliminal hint that Disney are gonna start taking prisoners, forcing you to stay and sucking your bank account dry before they let you go home.

:lol:  :lol:
WOW! Now THAT has really got me thinking!  :thumbs:

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Donald-Duck-Malta

Quote from: "Donald-Duck-Malta"
Quote from: "RnRCj"Terrorific Night 2! :D

[youtube:1y8v9spd]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0obfH8Ojk0[/youtube:1y8v9spd]

awesome! :D and spookeyyy :thumbs:

SOURCE: http://disneycentralplaza.englishboard. ... t16620.htm

Guys got some gd news! According to Disney Central Plaza, on teh 30th Of october 2010, Walt Disney Studios will be transformed into a Terrorific NIght...Meaning Spookey....for halloween!WOHOOOOOO :D/

Samedi 30 Octobre 2010, le Parc Walt Disney Studios accueillera Terrorific Night 2, une soirée exceptionnelle déconseillée aux jeunes enfants... Vous n'en reviendrez pas... On October 30th 2010, Walt Disney Studios Park will be transformed for Terrorific Night 2... this highly anticipated event...

Translation to English:
Saturday, October 30, 2010, Walt Disney Studios will host Terrorific Night 2, an exceptional evening is not recommended for young children ... You will be amazed ... On October 30th 2010, Walt Disney Studios Park Will Be Transformed for Terrorific Night 2 ... Highly Anticipated this event ... :D/

More Information from disneytheque...http://translate.googleusercontent.com/ ... 19a7kxoJJQ

SM:M3

Quote from: "SM:M3"[strike:m1ndxf4f]Its Michael Eisner, lurking in his favourite park ;)[/strike:m1ndxf4f]
Or it could be early advertising for something like Hong Kong does for its Halloween events, it would be a more teenage/adult friendly Halloween event in the Studios, perhaps a scare zone by ToT

Don't mean to brag but... ;)
Its great that they are doing a scarier event that wont be suitable for children, as Mickeys Not So Scary Party (or whatever its called) is designed for littl'uns

tubbsy

well spotted and a good call SM:M3! :D I think this is a fantastic idea :D
We'd considered going at Halloween this year but work hours etc, but I could see all of us doing MNSSP one night and then either me or hubby taking the teenager for this! Means everyone gets something :D

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

bigrossco

To me I think this is great news, I have always thoguht that DLRP should do something in the Studio's for Halloween mainly because of Tower of Terror sure will have a great setting for Halloween!

Is anyone planning to go? I so wish I could!
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

DreamDisneyVacations

Quite the teaser!

I think it's neat that DLP has an adults-only Halloween event.  DLR doesn't offer anything like this.  It's okay though, because other amusement parks offer scarier Halloween events.  I'll just have to make a trip to DLP to see this!

Donald-Duck-Malta

Hey guys!

Here is the official Terrorific Night 2 Poster in HD quality... :thumbs:

The most terrifying ... mwhahaha :twisted:

Press Release info below in french... :thumbs:

Terrorific Night 2 : sensations fortes garanties le samedi 30 octobre Terrorific Night 2: thrills guaranteed Saturday, October 30

Prêts à affronter la nuit la plus sombre au Parc Walt Disney Studios ? Ready to face the darkest night at Walt Disney Studios? Prêts pour le grand plongeon au plein cœur des pires cauchemars ? Ready to take the plunge at the heart of the worst nightmares?

Terrorific Night(*) revient cette année pour une nouvelle expérience dans un monde encore plus terrifiant... Terrorific Night (*) back this year for a new experience in the world even more terrifying ... Tout est différent ce soir : les visiteurs les plus intrépides vont crier, mais ne trouveront quelconque secours... Everything is different this evening the more intrepid visitors will cry, but find some help ... Le Parc semble avoir été déserté par ceux qui pourraient les aider... Park seems to have been deserted by those who could help ... Créatures effrayantes, personnages monstrueux et artistes d'un autre monde sont bien décidés à hanter leurs nuits pour l'éternité. Scary creatures, monstrous figures and artists from another world are determined to haunt their nights for eternity.

Et s'ils pensent trouver un peu de calme à bord des attractions comme la Tour de la Terreur - Un Saut dans la Quatrième DimensionTM(1), Rock 'n' Roller Coaster avec Aerosmith, Crush's Coaster(2), Studio Tram Tour : Behind the Magic mais aussi les trois nouvelles attractions de Toy Story Playland ; ils font erreur ! And if they think they will find a little quiet side attractions such as the Tour of Terror - A Leap into the Fourth DimensionTM (1), Rock 'n' Roller Coaster starring Aerosmith, Crush's coaster (2), Studio Tram Tour: Behind the Magic, but also the three new rides for Playland Toy Story, they are wrong! Elles semblent aussi échapper à tout contrôle. They also seem out of control. L'expérience promet d'être proche du paranormal... The experience promises to be close to the Paranormal ...

Terrorific Night 2** aura lieu le samedi 30 octobre 2010, de 21h à 1h au Parc Walt Disney Studios. ** Terrorific Night 2 will take place Saturday, October 30, 2010, from 21h to 1h at Walt Disney Studios. Une soirée fortement déconseillée aux jeunes enfants. A night strongly discouraged young children. Capacité limitée : la pré-réservation est conseillée ! Limited capacity: the pre-booking is advised!

(*) La Nuit de la Terreur (*) The Night of Terror

**Evénement payant : 29 € par personne ** Event fee: 29 € per person

Scissorsboi

Whilst I can see that most people are pretty happy about this event, I'm really not a fan of it. To me, Disney is something the whole family can enjoy, and Halloween in DLP is really good balance of spooky and fun. Creating a 'not for kids' event goes against Walt's vision (more than TSPL ;)) and just doesn't feel Disney to me.

I know people will say 'it's just for fun', I know, scare attractions are a big part of my job, it's very fun - but it's also not Disney. It's Halloween Horror Nights, Howl-O-Scream, Knotts Scary Farm. That is where teens can go, without children to enjoy the scary side of Halloween. In Europe you've got Fright Nights, Terenzi Horror Nights, Port Aventura's Halloween Festival, but Disney to me is where families go for a bit of a spooky party, which all can enjoy.

None of the Disney movies are horror, they do have creepy villains, but they're used in DLP and still have a big hint of family to them. I realise that Hong Kong did horror mazes which were recieved very well, but when I go to a Disney park I expect to be taken to a magical place where the unexpected happens (at Halloween, possibly some small spooky surprises), I definately don't expect to have to leave kids at home and be on my guard that there may be something terrifying waiting around that corner (that isn't Backlot Express rethemes).

Maybe it's just me, I know I used the family argument to defend TSPL, and I stand by that, this is the sort of non family event which is not Disney, and belongs elsewhere. They could most definately make a good movie themed Halloween event (Villains take over and make their own versions of the movies - Jafar taking over Carpets, Villains in Animagique, Hades in Armageddon), but an all out 'horror' party doesn't sit right with me.
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

DreamDisneyVacations

Scissorsboi, if your post had a "like" button, I would have clicked it.  I completely agree with your post!  The idea of an "adults only" event is kind of cool, but it just isn't "Disney" and I said so on my site's Facebook page.  But Disney is always trying new things and if it's a success, I can see why they would stick with it.

davewasbaloo

The difference between this and TSPL is this is one night after the park closes to the public. TSPL will be there for at least a generation (probably several).
since 2001 (many before that)

Tuvok

Exactly. The Terrorific Night is a special 'once per year' event after normal operating hours. I'm also a fan of the Halloween in Disney-style (I'm goning to one of the Not-So-Scary parties this year). I'm the 'target-audience' for Terrorific Night, but I'm going to Disney for a Halloween festival in Disney-style, not Universal-style. It doesn't effect the normal Halloween festivities, so I think it's OK.
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

phantom247

This is very good news but this is to short a period to be comercially viable I would have thought as their will not be enough money made to put significant investment in the project.   To make more financial sense the weekend before Halloween it should be staged on the Friday and Saturday nights as well as halloween itself then more investment can be made in shows, Characters and mazes which could find a temp home on the unused land next to disney Channel.