Crush's Coaster

Started by Anthony, July 18, 2006, 07:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malin

How have the lines been doing since the opening of Tower of Terror and Stitch Live. Have we started to see a lighter wait times, or is the Crush Coaster still pulling in the crowds?

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Malin"How have the lines been doing since the opening of Tower of Terror and Stitch Live. Have we started to see a lighter wait times, or is the Crush Coaster still pulling in the crowds?

Short answer: No!

When we were there a few weeks ago, Crush had long queues than the Tower of Terror did :shock: It was like 75 minutes for Crush, and 30-45 for TOT!!!!! :o

mehdi5

Quote from: "Malin"Short answer: No!

When we were there a few weeks ago, Crush had long queues than the Tower of Terror did :shock: It was like 75 minutes for Crush, and 30-45 for TOT!!!!! :o
[/quote]
Yeah but the biggest reason for the shorter TOT line is that it has a bigger capacity, Crush holds about 950 people an hour while TOT holds 1500 per hour.

Nicholas-c

Whats the average queue now days ? :p last summer it was 90mins +
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Buffalo Bill

Quote from: "Nicholas-c"Whats the average queue now days ? :p last summer it was 90mins +

I was there a couple weeks ago on a Wednesday afternoon and it was about an hour long wait, and only about 30 minutes for TOT. I love Crushes' Coaster, though. Great ride. In my view the best coaster. School starts back up tomorrow for the French so it should be a good time to ride some rides.

WilliamK99

I was amazed at how much I liked Crush's Coaster. They did a marvelous job theming such a simple ride. Hopefully they continue to build up WDSP but Crush's Coaster along with the other recent additions are a nice start.

kmara

hi there!

I just visited DLRP last week and rode Crush's Coaster two times. The line was always around 50 minutes, but I thought it was worth it; I loved it and it became one of my favorites!
DLP]

March 1995 - Walt Disney World Florida

Mr_B

I must admit admit even though the queue was around 90 minutes when we were
last there in January it was well worth the wait.

My 8 year old son and I couldn't stop laughing when we got off the ride we loved it so much.  :lol:  It's our favorite coaster at DLRP now even though we still love BTM. I can't see the queues ever getting much shorter than 60 minutes though.

Mr_B
From the mansion on the hill
Shrieks of laughter break the still
Ghoulish figures start to wake
Makes your knees begin to quake

DLRP - We\'ve been there one or two times .....

The Butlin Boy

It seems Disney have been listening to us fans:

They have recently installed this screen in the entrance to the building. It is meant to be like the videos in Space Mountain, where you get told about the EAC, the ride, safety, etc, etc by Crush. Hopefully, they'll install some more improvements like this in the outside queue line :)

Source: disney_15_years on DCP

RnRCj

That's brilliant! I'm glad that they know the queue needs improving. :roll:  Hopefully someone will catch a video of it soon.

Nala_84

Oh, that's cool! :)

Still hoping for an onride-photo at Crush's  [-o<
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "RnRCj"Hopefully someone will catch a video of it soon.

Look what I found... :wink:

[youtube:h9bndjv7]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzLjRJV0ZZ4[/youtube:h9bndjv7]

Footage of the video is about 1 minute and 11 seconds into the video. :mrgreen:

Anthony

Dude, that is so totally awesome!

The female voiceover is a bit strange, it's not meant to be any particular Nemo character I guess? Then again, I'm not sure I'd want more of either Squirt or Nemo (there's that part at the top of the stairs where they're on a loop every few seconds, arrgh). Showing the scenes from the film there and the fake "on ride footage" is good too, it sets up the story so that people know what the ride is meant to simulate. They've probably just bumped up the satisfaction of the entire ride a few points already.

Good job. Two or three more around the queue with different clips might also be good... *drops unsubtle hint...*

Riebi

Wooooohooooooooo always good to see something really good improvement!  =D>
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Maarten

Quote from: "Baloo"Dude, that is so totally awesome!

The female voiceover is a bit strange, it's not meant to be any particular Nemo character I guess? Then again, I'm not sure I'd want more of either Squirt or Nemo (there's that part at the top of the stairs where they're on a loop every few seconds, arrgh). Showing the scenes from the film there and the fake "on ride footage" is good too, it sets up the story so that people know what the ride is meant to simulate. They've probably just bumped up the satisfaction of the entire ride a few points already.

Exactly. The female voiceover sounds very Australian right? Thats a nice touch really. Its also very smart to point out what the ride is meant to simulate like you said Baloo. This is definately a great addition, somthing that should have been there from day one. Hopefully we will see more improvements on both the queue area and the ride itself because there is still a lot to be adressed in my opinion (see the Imagineering board for that). Way to go Disney!  =D>