Crush's Coaster

Started by Anthony, July 18, 2006, 07:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Quote from: "Maarten"The female voiceover sounds very Australian right? Thats a nice touch really.
British pretending (badly) to be Australian, definitely. :lol:  I didn't notice that at all, but it is a nice touch.

The screen has been integrated into the wall quite nicely too. Unfortunately like Butlin Boy says, it's meant to function like the Space Mountain screen. So I bet that means it's been done by operations/maintenance/whatever rather than a manager visiting the attraction and thinking "hmm, this queue is crap".

Because as we know, the executives won't ever actually wait in the queues themselves. :roll:

Maarten

There is another new addition to the queue of Crush's Coaster after the installation of the flatscreen a few weeks ago. Its supposed to be a miniature ride vehicle in motion at the entrance of the ride.

Video: //http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=LH48wVPVkS0

Source: Pastonio at DLP.info Boards.

Its a very clever way to give the guests a sense of what awaits them inside the building, just like the footage on the newly installed screens. Somehow, it reminds me of the old moon with the rotating rocket at the old Space Mountain marque.

Clarebelle

lol ... dare I say it?  :oops:  it looks a bit pathetic, it looks better in motion tho
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Kristof

It looks clever and weird at the same time!  :lol:   It does make me wonder how long it will work with DLRP's maintenance track records...  :roll:   All lights were broken inside the coaster part last weekend, including the projections...

Clarebelle

Quote from: "raptor1982"It looks clever and weird at the same time!  :lol:   It does make me wonder how long it will work with DLRP's maintenance track records...  :roll:   All lights were broken inside the coaster part last weekend, including the projections...

:o  really? what was it like without all the lights?

Kristof

Quote from: "Clarebelle"
Quote from: "raptor1982"It looks clever and weird at the same time!  :lol:   It does make me wonder how long it will work with DLRP's maintenance track records...  :roll:   All lights were broken inside the coaster part last weekend, including the projections...

:o  really? what was it like without all the lights?

A coaster in pitch black darkness...  :lol:

Clarebelle

lol was it still fun? or did they shut it down?

Anthony

Quote from: "Clarebelle"or did they shut it down?
Of course not, a few lights doesn't matter to them.

Hopefully Crush isn't going the same way as SM:M2 where "every ride is different!", you'd have thought WDI would have developed projectors and lighting by now that didn't keep breaking after a year. At least the music will be fairly safe with Crush.

The new spinning thing outside looks nicer in motion that I'd thought it would from the picture. Although it does just seem like a way of spelling out to the really bone idle people who don't read the sign that  THIS. COASTER. SPINS.

Athough the human people sat inside are a little freaky, like they've been stolen from a model village. A funnier Imagineer would have put Darla in there with her giant braces, not knowing what to expect, haha. Unless that is meant to be her at the front, she's got the same hair...

experiment627

Quote from: "Baloo"Although it does just seem like a way of spelling out to the really bone idle people who don't read the sign that  THIS. COASTER. SPINS.

It is one thing to read the sign, it's another to actually understand the English or the French language...

Anthony

Quote from: "experiment627"It is one thing to read the sign, it's another to actually understand the English or the French language...
True. :lol:

Looks like making the spinning feature a "surprise" didn't entirely work out how they wanted.

experiment627

Quote from: "Baloo"Looks like making the spinning feature a "surprise" didn't entirely work out how they wanted.

Thinking about a friend's expression on her face after she got off the ride, I definitely have to agree.  :wink:

steppelemming

We were unfortunate enough to have a bit of a rough experience with crush's coaster  :( .  When I went last year the ride still hadn't been opened so this time I was really looking forward to going on it.  After seeing 75 - 120 minute wait times in the first few days we were there we decided to get in the park early on Wednesday.  After queing for about 40 mins we finally got on the ride and i was starting to really enjoy it, that was until it stopped half way.  The ride decided to break down at the point when we were stuck at the highest part of the ride  :o .  My husband started to panic a bit because they put all the lights on and you could see exactly how high we were  :roll: .  After a few minutes a couple of staff members came up to rescue us and we had to climb down all the steps to the bottom.  We can look back and laugh at it now, it was just a bit disappointing we didnt get to finish the ride  :cry: .  I did however manage to take a quick snap of the inside of the ride when all the lights are up which I will upload later this evening  :wink:
Disney trips
1988 - WDW Florida
1994 - WDW Florida
1996 - WDW Florida
1998 - WDW Florida
2000 - DLRP Caravan
2001 - DLRP Hotel cheyenne
2007 - DLRP Explorers hotel
2008 - DLRP Kyriad hotel
2010 - DLRP xmas trip, sequoia lodge
2011 - DLRP hotel cheyenne
2012 - Halloween here we come

MagicStar

Quote from: "steppelemming"We were unfortunate enough to have a bit of a rough experience with crush's coaster  :( .  When I went last year the ride still hadn't been opened so this time I was really looking forward to going on it.  After seeing 75 - 120 minute wait times in the first few days we were there we decided to get in the park early on Wednesday.  After queing for about 40 mins we finally got on the ride and i was starting to really enjoy it, that was until it stopped half way.  The ride decided to break down at the point when we were stuck at the highest part of the ride  :o .  My husband started to panic a bit because they put all the lights on and you could see exactly how high we were  :roll: .  After a few minutes a couple of staff members came up to rescue us and we had to climb down all the steps to the bottom.  We can look back and laugh at it now, it was just a bit disappointing we didnt get to finish the ride  :cry: .  I did however manage to take a quick snap of the inside of the ride when all the lights are up which I will upload later this evening  :wink:

Coooolll  :P
I´m sure, there a lot of guys here, who would have loved to change with you (me included) The chance to walk backstage ;-)
[size=150]Let\'s put the Walt back in Disney![/size]

never2old

Quote from: "steppelemming"We were unfortunate enough to have a bit of a rough experience with crush's coaster  :( .  When I went last year the ride still hadn't been opened so this time I was really looking forward to going on it.  After seeing 75 - 120 minute wait times in the first few days we were there we decided to get in the park early on Wednesday.  After queing for about 40 mins we finally got on the ride and i was starting to really enjoy it, that was until it stopped half way.  The ride decided to break down at the point when we were stuck at the highest part of the ride  :o .  My husband started to panic a bit because they put all the lights on and you could see exactly how high we were  :roll: .  After a few minutes a couple of staff members came up to rescue us and we had to climb down all the steps to the bottom.  We can look back and laugh at it now, it was just a bit disappointing we didnt get to finish the ride  :cry: .  I did however manage to take a quick snap of the inside of the ride when all the lights are up which I will upload later this evening  :wink:

He he, the same happened to us! Though I was the one who was panicking a bit  :oops: ... my husband was quite cool about it! Though after they took us down and out by the back, they put us straight to the start of the queue, so we went on again (and finished it without stopping  :) )

Kristof

Crush's Coaster now has officially Fast Pass  :roll:  :roll:  :roll: , at least for now!  The Flying Carpets over Agrabah Fast Pass Machines are now equipped with new signs and they even print tickets with the Crush's Coaster logo on!  Pictures will follow shortly! (Just got back home!)