Crush's Coaster

Started by Anthony, July 18, 2006, 07:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carberry

Hiya, Just back from DLP and the wait queues at crushes were about an hour. Having said that when we joined the queue it said an hour but it was no more than 40 minutes.

nathan.jackson

That's great!

Wonder if they will stay that long in the summer though! :(

Riebi

I don´t know if this was posted before. But I found an article about the coaster at maurer & söhnes magazine x-press:

//http://www.maurer-soehne.de/files/amusement/pdf/XPress_2007.pdf

It´s at page 3
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Anthony

Thanks for the link! Not seen that before, good to have all the official ride facts (and finally confirmation that Toon Studio cost € 40 million - wow, what a bargain for the effect it has had!).

Only the second small title in the article is a bit out of place, don't you think? :lol:

Riebi

Yes  :lol:  And it´s a bit like they would teach them to spent more money in this part of the article  :lol:

Anthony

Yes. :lol:
QuoteIt would
have been better however if Disney had
ordered the double track example from
the start, such as that which was realized
by Maurer Söhne for Phantasialand in Germany
(see KPR 5/2002), which produces
a capacity of 1,440 passengers without
any great stress, even though Phantasialand
has reached a visitor number of "only"
two million per annum, and not twelve
million as is the case here. Therefore, there
can be a waiting time of up to two hours
sometimes. Unfortunately, the almost
obligatory pre-show at Disney was also
waived, so guests must wait outside the
building, before the line leads into the station
area in the last 20 minutes. The sta-
tion area in this instance has been
modelled on the old harbor in Sydney.
The two lifts within the track course are
somewhat loud due to indoor operation.
The first smaller lift could have at least
been equipped with a friction drive
system, although the mechanical noises
from the second lift that leads through a
sunken U-boat are quite fitting.
Two coasters side-by-side or intertwined probably wouldn't have been possible unless they'd have taken up the whole ImagiNations car park and backstage area, but I'm glad they pointed out the lack of a good pre-show.

Riebi

Yes and seems a bit like a pre show was planned first. :|

But I must really say my chin hung on the table after reading this phantasialand-do-it-better-part.  :lol:  And also they seem to be a bit worried  about the CMs
But after this short lapse the article makes again wonderful adverts for WDS :mrgreen:

MinniesBestPal

Does it go upside down at all?

If its anything like space mountain I'll probably go on!

dlrpchat

Quote from: "MinniesBestPal"Does it go upside down at all?

i am 90% sure it doesnt!!
but it is surprisingly fast
//http://www.dlrpchat.co.nr
a FREE disneyland resort paris chat room where YOU can chat to other disney fans!

carberry

No it doesn't turn upside down but it is quite fast. And it twirls around as well. Its fun but not scary. Although my friend, whose a grown adult, said she was traumatised after it. I just think she was a big chicken!! :D/

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "dlrpchat"
Quote from: "MinniesBestPal"Does it go upside down at all?

i am 90% sure it doesnt!!

I'm 100% sure it doesn't :wink:

MinniesBestPal

Oh good! Hopefully now I can convince my brother to go on with me!

He swore he'd never go near another roller coaster after we went on space mountain, but I'm just breaking him down about crush's coaster! I've been looking it up all day!

mehdi5

Well for the dream pass holders and hotel guests i only have 1 tip for a short queue for this ride. Seriously go through the bag control with ur dreampass or hotel pass and go to the entrance of the studios, at least half an hour in advance, i stood there for 50 minutes. Then once the gates open and you used your ticket, run!! Seriously i did this i was almost in front of the line with only about 5 people in front of me and even before the rides open i saw a line behind me that was so long it reached the partners statue, only had to wait 1 minute when the ride opened :mrgreen:

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "mehdi5"Well for the dream pass holders and hotel guests i only have 1 tip for a short queue for this ride. Seriously go through the bag control with ur dreampass or hotel pass and go to the entrance of the studios, at least half an hour in advance, i stood there for 50 minutes. Then once the gateshttp://www.photosmagiques.com/foru ... 2&p=61202#
:roll: open and you used your ticket, run!! Seriously i did this i was almost in front of the line with only about 5 people in front of me and even before the rides open i saw a line behind me that was so long it reached the partners statue, only had to wait 1 minute when the ride opened :mrgreen:

That's what we did on our last trip. It's just a shame that it broke down both times we did it (the first time it broke down when we were in the station for quite a while but we got on in the end, the second time, they didn't even open the ride :roll: )

-breeno-

Yeah on our last trip (July 07), we were waiting for i think 40mintues in Studio 1 for the doors to open, we were just beside the door of the shop thats closest to crush but by the time the doors opened studio 1 was full with people :shock:   Then when the doors opened it was like they let a dragon loose on them :P  People running towards crush, we just walked and tried not to get ran into and got a 40 min queue time.  Not bad in my opinion :)
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!