Crush's Coaster

Started by Anthony, July 18, 2006, 07:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "StitchOhana"Hmm, I am still unsure whether to ride or not! I never liked the look of Primeval Whirl, so I've never been on it. If this ride is similar, then I guess I'll give it a miss.

You should definitely give it a try, you might miss out on an attraction that you'll love :wink:

asudem

Hi everyone - hope someone can help me with this question - I have already posted it in the wrong area twice.  My husband and I were in the queue for crush's coaster for the first time and we noticed a sign that said people of certain body shapes and sizes could be restricted from riding.  As we are both overweight we were a bit worried that we wouldn't fit in so we left the queue without riding.  Has anyone larger than average been on this ride and, if so, did you have any problems fitting in? Thank you very much.

Nala_84

Well, how much overweight do you have? ;)
My father has a pretty "round stomach", I guess he weighs about 93 kg and is 1,83 m tall. He could ride without any problems! I would say, just give it a try or ask the Cast Member in front of the ride :)!

Are there any news about a possible on-ride-photo-station? Or a Fastpass-entrance?  :nemo:
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Kristof

QuoteOr a Fastpass-entrance?

Dear god no!  [-X   The standby queue would reach up to Disney Studio 1.

Anthony

The on-ride photo thing is still surprising though, don't you think? I know WDI generally only add them to E-Tickets, but there must be a lot of money to be made at Crush's Coaster. The cameras could be on the outside drop, since the car doesn't spin there, with screens along the exit path.

But where would they print and sell them? :?

CafeFantasia

I really wish Disneyland Paris made their ride photos available online. I think they already do this in America. You can see a low-res preview for free, or pay a small amount to download the full resolution original.

Malin

Quote from: "asudem"Hi everyone - hope someone can help me with this question - I have already posted it in the wrong area twice.  My husband and I were in the queue for crush's coaster for the first time and we noticed a sign that said people of certain body shapes and sizes could be restricted from riding.  As we are both overweight we were a bit worried that we wouldn't fit in so we left the queue without riding.  Has anyone larger than average been on this ride and, if so, did you have any problems fitting in? Thank you very much.

This is news to me I've never seen this sign. I think its probarely refering people who are of a certain height and not weight. Leg room is rather cramp I'm afraid.

Nala_84

Oh, so is there a plan of installing an onride-photo-cam?? :) That would be so cool! Or is it only a rumor?

Isn't Crush's Coaster an E-Ticket-ride? Or why do you think they'd only add it to those? :) They also have POTC and BTM as onride-photo-rides, or maybe I got it wrong *g*

And okay, so there won't ever be a Fastpass-entrance, no problem ;)! It's just a pity that the waiting times for Crush are often sooo long..
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Kristof

Quote from: "Nala_84"Oh, so is there a plan of installing an onride-photo-cam?? :) That would be so cool! Or is it only a rumor?

Did I miss something here?  :twisted:

Quote from: "Nala_84"Isn't Crush's Coaster an E-Ticket-ride?

Nope!  I think they consider it a D-ticket.  But I don't think they expected it to be this popular.

Quote from: "Nala_84"And okay, so there won't ever be a Fastpass-entrance, no problem ;)! It's just a pity that the waiting times for Crush are often sooo long..

Well that's not something Fast Pass can resolve when an attraction has small capacity, like at Crush's Coaster.

Garrett

Reading the reviews, I'm surprised this isn't an E-Ticket! So this is like an indoor Primeval Whirl? It's official, Walt Disney Studios is better than Disney's Hollywood Studios. Can't believe my first trip over there won't be until June 2009. Ugh.

-Garrett

Kristof

Well don't get high hopes about Walt Disney Studios... yet!  WDS does have some better features compared to Disney's Hollywood Studios (it's not a giant labyrinth for example, however, not that unlikely tnx to its size lol).  

Anyway, I wouldn't call Crush's Coaster a "Primeavel Whirl".  That one had no theming at all (2D cutout are not theming in my opinion) and it's by far not as rough.

mehdi5

Quote from: "raptor1982"Anyway, I wouldn't call Crush's Coaster a "Primeavel Whirl".  That one had no theming at all (2D cutout are not theming in my opinion) and it's by far not as rough.
That's true, i would prefer Crush's Coaster over Primeavel Whirl Everyday. Crush's Coaster is a 100% different spinning experience. For example see this
Crush's Coaster where you have 4 passengers sitting back to back.
and you have Primeavel Whirl where you have 4 passengers sitting next to each other in the same direction. Plus Crush has a smoother layout and has a different track type and is built by another manaufactur. Crush has a very smooth layout but Primeval Whirl has turns that aren't always that comfortable, so it can't really be compared because it's a different type of coaster because Crush is a Maurer SC2000 Spinning Coaster and Primeval Whirl is a Reverchon Spinning Wild Mouse. Just wanted to explain it.

andrewuk

Disney are very happy with Crush, there could be more coasters like this to come!

//http://blog.mousekingdom.com/2008/02/27/more-maurer-sohne-coasters-for-disney/
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

LovesDisney

I rode Crush's Coaster back in November and it was a blast! I did chicken out 3 times  :oops: and sent my boyfriend on without me and every time he came off just thrilled with the ride  :D/ so I knew I had to try it! I hate a lot of spinning, but my BF talked me through the bits he could and it was lots of fun!

If you are afraid of the spinning, the ride seemed very short so it'l be over before you know it, if that's any help at all  :nemo:.

nathan.jackson

Now that the TOT has opened, are the queues for Crush's Coater less as last year we had to queue for about an hour and a half!!