Started by Anthony, July 18, 2006, 07:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buzz&wendy

Love Crush's Coaster  :D
[/b]

"Everybody wants to live happily ever after"

CafeFantasia

Hi,

In addition to just having been on the ToT 7 times, I've now also been on Crush's Coaster 7 times. I thought it was amazing. The first time I went on it, I was really blown away. The huge "coaster room" has a really magical look to it, with all the deep blue bubbles against black. And, unlike Space Mountain, on Crush's Coaster you REALLY have no idea where you're going. It's absolutely crazy. I was really surprised by how fast and thrilling it was. It's definitely no kiddy ride. It reminded me a lot of the Rock'n'Roller Coaster, but less painful and a lot more fun.

For me now, Crush's Coaster and the Tower of Terror are my 2 favourite attractions at Disneyland Resort Paris. I actually found myself wanting to go to the Walt Disney Studios, instead of Disneyland Park, which didn't used to be the case.

andrewuk

Quote from: "Alan"Hi,

In addition to just having been on the ToT 7 times, I've now also been on Crush's Coaster 7 times. I thought it was amazing. The first time I went on it, I was really blown away. The huge "coaster room" has a really magical look to it, with all the deep blue bubbles against black. And, unlike Space Mountain, on Crush's Coaster you REALLY have no idea where you're going. It's absolutely crazy. I was really surprised by how fast and thrilling it was. It's definitely no kiddy ride. It reminded me a lot of the Rock'n'Roller Coaster, but less painful and a lot more fun..

I agree with this entirely, the ride is crazy.

Quote from: "Alan"For me now, Crush's Coaster and the Tower of Terror are my 2 favourite attractions at Disneyland Resort Paris. I actually found myself wanting to go to the Walt Disney Studios, instead of Disneyland Park, which didn't used to be the case.

From my last visit I now regret not spending more time in WDS, especially with the added theming. I always enjoyed of all the attractions there (well, except for the tv tour) even before the new arrivals, but now the studios are much, much better.
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

CafeFantasia

I really used to hate the WDS. I found it very frustrating. I still hate the Backlot area, but the new Hollywood Boulevard adds a ton of atmosphere to the centre of the park, and really gives you a feeling of being in America, not being in a car park, in a field, in France.

And even though the new Toon Studios area is a miss-match of themes, it actually works well when you're in the park. It's a fun place to be and there are lots of details and things to look at.

Crush's Coaster is an excellent Disney attraction. It has a beautiful loading area, a beautiful outdoors section, a beautiful dark ride section, and a really intense, crazy coaster section. It appeals to little kids, adults and teenagers. It's perhaps a little TOO thrilling, but it's essentially an attraction that the whole family can ride and experience TOGETHER. And as we all know, that was Walt's original idea behind Disneyland. For me, Crush's Coaster is up there with Big Thunder Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean and Splash Mountain.

pjulie75

Hi, I am going in March and was going to take my 5 year olds twin girls on, do you think it is too frightening :? ?  Or is it over so fast they won't know what has hit them?!  My Husband and I are really keen to go on but obviously don't want to terrify them... [-o<

swity

I my opinion it might be a bit too fast for a 5 year old girl and also the darkness could scare them... but of course it also depends on the individual characters of your children.Isn't there set an age your supposed to be or a size?

andrewuk

The coaster part is wild, but not uncomfortable. The ride is smooth, but I would say that it is the most extreme that a coaster without a launch or inversions could be. :|
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

pjulie75

Hi, yes my kids are tall enough but I am just not sure.  They do love Thunder Mountain and they went on that last year being only 4 and had there hands in the air screaming with excitement.  What do you think then?

Kristof

Maybe you should ride it alone and then you can side if it's suitable for them...  :)

pjulie75

Yes, I think I will send my Husband on first to see.  I suppose it isn't really a very long ride, it will be over in minutes and, if terrified, could treat them so something nice in the shop...... :P   I can't wait!!! :D/

StitchOhana

How often does the spinning happen? I don't want to feel sick, lol.
Is this comparable to any WDW coasters, so I know what I'm in for?

Kristof

It's really sickening.  Far better than Primeval Whirl, which really hurts.

smurfy74

for a gentler ride make sure there are 4 of you in the shell with both you and your husband at opposite corners. Three in the shell makes it a lot wilder and a lot more fun, either way it is a laugh and most people enjoy it. My other half isnt a coaster fan although he loves crush and btm

pjulie75

SMURFY74,We will give it a try and take your advice, I am really excited!! :D/ I hope I don't scar my kids for life...

StitchOhana

Hmm, I am still unsure whether to ride or not! I never liked the look of Primeval Whirl, so I've never been on it. If this ride is similar, then I guess I'll give it a miss.