Eurostar — questions and travel updates

Started by Anthony, June 10, 2006, 07:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vikki7

hi i've just joined this site and am a regular visitor to disneyland paris. i wanted anybody who will be going to disney, from now until the end of november, and travelling by eurostar to keep a very close eye on eurostar's website. i am travelling to disney on sunday and only by chance descovered that eurostar have changed the travel times. the direct service is leaving 1/2  an hour early and return trains are leaving at about an hour later than usual. if you need to check times go to http://www.eurostar.com and look at the timetables. i hope this will be usefull to someone and nobody's holiday will bespoiled do to missed trains

SophieD

Hi Vicki7 welcome to the MagicForum!!

thanks for the tip on Eurostar!! I definitely know that all Eurostars to Brussels have been cancelled on the 6th October because of industrial action?!

Once again...Welcome!
Sophie \":nemo:\"
xxxxx
follow me on Twitter!!

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.- Walt Disney

vikki7

thanks for the welcolme. we go to disney tomorrow and we are all sooo excited. we try to go every year and have been lucky to experiance many new rides,openings of new areas of the park and different seasons. i travel with my husband and three kids and they all have a fantastic time. one of my kid's are mentally disabled and disney have always managed to meet his needs. a fantastic place to let your inner child loose without feeling foolish my body may be ageing but my mind still loves everything my kids do.

bigrossco

Quote from: "vikki7"thanks for the welcolme. we go to disney tomorrow and we are all sooo excited. we try to go every year and have been lucky to experiance many new rides,openings of new areas of the park and different seasons. i travel with my husband and three kids and they all have a fantastic time. one of my kid's are mentally disabled and disney have always managed to meet his needs. a fantastic place to let your inner child loose without feeling foolish my body may be ageing but my mind still loves everything my kids do.

you go tomorow? me to :)
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

-breeno-

Welcome to the magicforum vikki :D
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

The Butlin Boy

Welcome to the forum :)

Javey74

Welcome top the MagicForum Vikki.  :D/  :D/

Once here you'll get quickly hooked.. :wink:  :D

toonarmylass

just a quick note to say that the time of the eurostar has changed. i phoned yesterday as i noticed on the website that it was now 08:35 instead of 08:53. they said on the phone that this would be the time that the train leaves until at least december. the tickets you hold will still be valid but the train will leave earlier!!!! just incase nobody who has tickets is aware i just thought i would let you know as i only found out by chance and i wouldnt want anyone to miss the train. if you did already know then im sorry i wasted you time!!!!

Clarebelle

woo hoo an extra half hour in the parks!? or will the journey take longer?
Will return journeys be any different?
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

toonarmylass

no it still arrives at 12:30 ish

toonarmylass

return train 20:13 arrive st pancras 22:13

littlemermaid83

Hope it leaves earlier in January instead of a hour later than usual.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

ford prefect

I don't know it this has been mentioned elsewhere. (I have searched!)

We are due to leave for DLP on Tuesday, and I just thought to check the timetable.

The direct service (train 9074) now leaves London at 08:35 instead of 08:53 and leaves Ashford at 09:13 instead of 09:28.  It arrives at DLP at 12:30.

The return service now leaves Marne La Vallee Chessy at 20:13 instead of 19:37.

The amended timetable can be found here:
http://www.eurostar.com/UK/uk/leisure/c ... nswers.jsp

Follow the 2nd link (Normal check in resumes for Eurostar Services)
This will open an FAQ link that has 2 pdf files approx half way down the page

I tried to copy the direct link but the URL was huge!

I wasn't told by Eurostar about the change, although I was aware that there was an amended timetable.

Eurostar haven't made it very easy to find the info, so it might be a good idea for everyone to check to see if their times/links etc are affected
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

Clarebelle

I believe this was mentions here ... viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5726

You would think that Eurostar would tell their customers!!
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

ford prefect

Thanks Clarabelle, I must have been Man-looking!!!
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!