Eurostar — questions and travel updates

Started by Anthony, June 10, 2006, 07:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlemermaid83

Latest Eurostar statment

Due to the incident involving a Eurotunnel shuttle train in the Channel Tunnel on Thursday 11 September, Eurostar is unable to operate any services today, Friday 12 September.

Until Eurotunnel and the emergency services have undertaken their assessment of the incident, Eurostar is unable to say when services will resume.

Eurostar must await permission from Eurotunnel before it is able to re-start operations.

Once the single tunnel that is unaffected by the fire is re-opened, Eurostar hopes to begin a limited service with longer journey times.

Eurostar is therefore advising all travellers who hold Eurostar tickets for today, Saturday 13 September and Sunday 14 September that they should seek alternative means of making their journeys.

Travellers holding tickets for travel today, Saturday and Sunday are also able to exchange their tickets for travel at a later date, or get a full refund.

Eurostar will issue a further update when more information becomes available.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

simbrawr

well that makes for depressing reading...i heard eurostar passengers were goin across on coaches via ferry

littlemermaid83

Just read this on www.eurotunnel.com

Travel information for Monday 15 and Tuesday 16 September

Our Passenger Service will be severely disrupted on Monday 15 and Tuesday 16 September. There will be a limited service available with only one departure every two hours. To avoid severe disruptions to your journey, we therefore strongly recommend that you make alternative travel arrangements. Should you decide to maintain your booking with us, please expect a disruptive service and severe delays.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

simbrawr

hmmm im on eurostar though...and tbh their site is annoyingly vague

Nicholas-c

Quote from: "simbrawr"hmmm im on eurostar though...and tbh their site is annoyingly vague

i would say give them a ring and if worse comes to worse cancel ticket going to dlrp and get aeroplane

BBC channel says they are opening it but only 1 an hour or so (Thats all types of train)
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

littlemermaid83

You would think they can send in a few trains each way a hour not just one.

I wonder what time I will get to DLP when i go in 10 days....or even if i get there.

Nicholas-c

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"You would think they can send in a few trains each way a hour not just one.

I wonder what time I will get to DLP when i go in 10 days....or even if i get there.

well they could send trains but they are taking it in turns going each direction (Normally 2 tunnels each 1 direction) now only 1 tunnel 2 directions
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

jeakat24

Hopefully as there's only one train direct to Disney each day they will keep this service and possibly cancel some heading for Paris and Brussels etc as these normally run more frequently.

Good luck to all of those trying to go in the next couple of days, I hope you can get there
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

simbrawr

Thankyou! and yeah its on the news now. they are sending batches of 4 trains every hour. so 4 every 2 hours from london and 4 every 2 from paris. i do hope they keep the disney train going as it IS the only one and i did book it ecspecially!

jeakat24

Quote from: "simbrawr"Thankyou! and yeah its on the news now. they are sending batches of 4 trains every hour. so 4 every 2 hours from london and 4 every 2 from paris. i do hope they keep the disney train going as it IS the only one and i did book it ecspecially!

I really think they should/will. There's no point having 4/5 trains a day for Paris and none for Disney. I know a lot of people will be wanting to go to Paris but I'm sure they won't completely drop the Disney service.

You might want to plan ahead though, just in case they try and send you on a Paris train.  I've just checked and if they do send you on the Paris train it terminates at the Gare du Nord station. Then you could take the RER train to Marne-la-Vallée/Chessy station in Disneyland. It would be annoying for you, but at least you'd get there, and I'm not sure how much it costs either.

Just looked it up and you can get a bus from Gare du Nord to Disney for 6.45 Euros, but it does take an hour and a half! I couldn't find anything on the RER train services, but I think it takes about half an hour. But hopefully you need to use them [-o<
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

simbrawr

Quote from: "jeakat24"You might want to plan ahead though, just in case they try and send you on a Paris train. I've just checked and if they do send you on the Paris train it terminates at the Gare du Nord station. Then you could take the RER train to Marne-la-Vallée/Chessy station in Disneyland. It would be annoying for you, but at least you'd get there, and I'm not sure how much it costs either.
 [-o<

its all on the bbc site. and yeah with all thats gone off ill be happy to just get to paris. catching the RER would seem easy compared to the ferry dump in calais and then picking my own way across lol!

littlemermaid83

The Disney train will be running this weekend....

www.eurostar.com has full details :)

LukeExcell

Yep, i catch the train from Ashford international to headcorn almost everyday and on friday i saw a eurostar being loaded and the conductors saying that the southern tunnel will be in use untill the damage has been found in the other one. So Expect slight delays on entering the tunnel. They said the other tunnel could be up and running within 2 weeks if it isn't badly damaged. I go to DLRP in just over a month from now so luckly i should be fine  :D/

littlemermaid83

I go in 9 days and im expecting a slight delay to my journey...I'm not too bothered as long as it gets me there :)

littlemermaid83

EUROSTAR PRESS STATEMENT - RESTRICTED SERVICES ON SATURDAY 13 SEPTEMBER AND SUNDAY 14 SEPTEMBER

Eurostar is operating a restricted, temporary timetable through the Channel Tunnel, using the single tunnel that is unaffected by fire. Travellers should check in as normal for the train times given on their tickets, and we will seek to carry them on the first available train.

However, travellers should expect significant delays before boarding their trains, and crowded departure lounges. Journey times will also be longer than normal.

Tomorrow (Sun 14 September) Eurostar expects to run up to 10 trains each way on London-Paris, up to five trains each way on London-Brussels, and the daily service each way between London and Disneyland Resort Paris. Trains will also call at Ashford International, Ebbsfleet International, Lille and Calais.

Travellers holding tickets for travel between 13 and 16 September who have non-essential journeys are able to exchange their tickets for a later date, or get a full refund.

Travellers departing St Pancras International should note that check-in will CLOSE at 18h45 (GMT) until further notifice.
Travellers departing Paris Gare du Nord should note that check-in will CLOSE at 20h00 (CET) until further notifice.

There will be continuing alterations to the timetable, as Eurostar adjusts its services to manage high levels of demand and the reduced tunnel capacity. In the meantime, Eurostar thanks travellers for their continuing patience and understanding.