Eurostar — questions and travel updates

Started by Anthony, June 10, 2006, 07:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toonarmylass

i was talking to a eurostar driver this morning at the train station and he said its crazy for them still.

Plutosgirl

Just though I'd bump this in case anyone missed it .

It really seems incredible that Eurostar are relying on word of mouth for potentially Holiday wrecking information .

Just checked to see what my details for January say from on my reservation , ( I booked direct with Disney over the phone in Sept)....oops ....its says 10.28 from Ashford hmmm best I ring them tomorrow .. Could be we have a special train all to ourselves  :lol:

Damn my DH did say when we recieved the booking that we travelled an hour earlier last year and I paid him no attention sigh  :oops:
Sequioa Lodge 2006, Sequioa Lodge 2007, Sequioa Lodge 2008
[strike]New York 2009 booked[/strike]Suprise Upgrade to Disneyland Hotel

Hotel New York Oct23 to Oct25 2011

SophieD

hi guys!! just surfing through the Eurostar website and found this

http://www.eurostar.com/pdf/timetables/ ... nglish.pdf

on the upper left hand side on the 1st page
this is the timetable for 01 october to the 07 march 2009

does this mean its stopping at Lille??
I'm all confused!! :-k  :-k  :-k  :-k  #-o
Sophie \":nemo:\"
xxxxx
follow me on Twitter!!

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.- Walt Disney

toonarmylass

at this moment in time im not really all that bothered as long as i get there!!!

Plutosgirl

It certainly seems that we stop at Lille also. I think one year we did that before.
Sequioa Lodge 2006, Sequioa Lodge 2007, Sequioa Lodge 2008
[strike]New York 2009 booked[/strike]Suprise Upgrade to Disneyland Hotel

Hotel New York Oct23 to Oct25 2011

RockNRoller

We go end of November and our travel agent pointed this out to us. Last year on the direct train we stopped at Lille but the journey wasn't this long. I wonder if they have to go slow through the tunnel as I think they are still fixing the track after the fire
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

x-charlotte-x

Okay im worried. Were travelling on the direct train to Disneyland on the 26th January 2009 and im reading our booking and it says we depart from London St Pancras at 9:53 and arrive at Disneyland at 13:31. Is this right? Im hopeless with train time tables they just confuse me  :oops: can anyone help?

This is terrible my mum who booked the holiday doesn't use the internet and if i hadn't been reading this forum then i don't think we would have ever known that the time table has changed, shouldn't Eurostar really let their customers know that its changed? I bet a lot of people have missed their train because of this. :x

Edit:

I found this: http://www.eurostar.com/pdf/reaccomodat ... Dec_UK.pdf

Which i think is the train timetable for after the 14th of December so will we be travelling at 8:35 instead of 9:53?  :? Will they even still be doing this on the 26th January? Im so confused!  :oops: I don't want us to miss our train, i think im going to get my mum to ring them and find out.

1997 - Santa Fe
2006 - Cheyenne
2009 - New York

caffeine_demon

I think a call would be best - I booked for the 29th a couple of weeks back, and the timetable then was leaving at 8:35.  I'd have been a bit miffed if I'd booked when it was scheduled ar 9:57, as I couldn't get to london for half 8 - (I booked a non direct service keaving later)

x-charlotte-x

Hmm, its a good job that we're  travelling down to London the day before theres no way we would ever get to London for 8:30 on the same day, we live all the way up in Lancashire. Its quite annoying you really would think they would inform their customers of the change.. All i have to worry about is the train times coming back now, i can't find the time that were ment to be coming back but i know its not a direct train to London i think we have to get off at some point and get on another train. Oh well if we can't get back i wouldn't say no to living in Disneyland.  :lol:

1997 - Santa Fe
2006 - Cheyenne
2009 - New York

x-charlotte-x

I have another question.. If we don't actually have our eurostar tickets yet when they come will they have the correct times on them?

1997 - Santa Fe
2006 - Cheyenne
2009 - New York

ford prefect

The tickets  may have the correct times on them.  However if you have any doubts phone Eurostar.
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

x-charlotte-x

Thanks.  :) I think im going to see what it says on our tickets before i get too worried.

1997 - Santa Fe
2006 - Cheyenne
2009 - New York

Tubbyherman

Wonder if anyone can help, we're going to DLRP in March (travelling from Ashford) and I've just received our payment confirmation. On there it says the outbound train leaves Ashford at 09:13 arriving DLRP at 12:30. Now having done this journey a few times previously I know it only takes 2hrs  :? , so can someone tell me if there is now a stop on the "Eurostar Direct" service, and if there is where is it :?: . On the return journey it takes the 2hrs I would've expected.

Many thanks for your help.

ford prefect

There will probably be a stop in Lille.

This will add approx 10 mins.

Also, check your departure times with Eurostar Customer Service since the revised timetable (following the fire) maybe in operation.
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

Tubbyherman

Crikey, I didn't expect a response that quick  :o , but much appreciated. I suspected it would be a stop in Calais or Lille. Do people actually get on the train then?

Thanks for the tip about checking train times, we're due to go just as the current timetable finishes so I will definately check just in case.

Thanks again.