Eurostar — questions and travel updates

Started by Anthony, June 10, 2006, 07:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moopmoop93

Quote from: hollyx on February 26, 2017, 11:18:38 AM
Last time I travelled on Eurostar in premier seating the meal on the way back was 3 light dishes, glass of wine and cup of tea. I've just read on their Facebook page someone complaining about the fact that their meal was a goody bag with quiche, a cake and a can of pop!
Admittedly it is a few years ago since I've travelled however I'm going next week and booked premier seating at a cost of nearly £400 for 2 of us and I assumed the food would be the same. Seems little point in paying for anything other than standard seating if the meal provided has now reduced to such an extent.
Has anyone travelled recently and had this so called goody bag rather than a meal?

I'm travelling a week on Monday in standard premier so I can let you know then? X
Sequoia Lodge - Sierra Lodge Aug 2006
Sequoia Lodge - Montanna Room (upgraded to GFC rooms for free) Feb 2014
Sequoia Lodge -Lodges Feb 2015

SJH1979

I am just buying our tickets from Ebbsfleet to DLP.
1 adult and 2 kids
Through Eurostar for Premier tickets, this is £524.

I am buying Interail passes for £159. And then booking our seats through Eurostar for £33.50 pp each way. (Premier again).
This works out at £360 for exactly the same seats.

Has anyone else had experience with Interail passes?

Jules Verne

Last time i got the euro star to DLP they gave me park tickets etc on the station in the UK, does this still happen ?
I had to book the train directly to DLP separately though because i only needed it for the outward journey 

Dolph7800

Quote from: Jules Verne on November 23, 2017, 01:51:01 AM
Last time i got the euro star to DLP they gave me park tickets etc on the station in the UK, does this still happen ?
I had to book the train directly to DLP separately though because i only needed it for the outward journey

Got them on the direct train when we went in Feb. A cast member will come round and find you. In a completely random order though which can't help them getting it done quickly. If they run out of time near the end of the journey, they'll put a tannoy message out to go see the CM in whatever coach they are in.

Jules Verne

I had to book my eurostar tickets for DLP separately because i only need it for the outward journey but it is still the direct service to DLP, can i arrange it with Disney to get my tickets etc on the train ?

Dolph7800

Quote from: Jules Verne on November 24, 2017, 11:24:14 PM
I had to book my eurostar tickets for DLP separately because i only need it for the outward journey but it is still the direct service to DLP, can i arrange it with Disney to get my tickets etc on the train ?

I've always booked trains direct with Eurostar rather than with Disney, and we still got the tickets on the train. We always had Disney Express whether that made a difference?

grovesie

The park tickets etc are given to passengers on the train who have paid for the Disney Express service.

dc10101

Hi,

Going in Jan when the direct train doesn't run does anyone have any tips or advice on travelling to DLP from London non direct, pros/cons of Eurostar to Lille & change vs Eurostar to Paris & RER vs Drive?

Thanks!

Ravenseye

I'm researching our Spring trip and the Premier price is coming out at such a great price when booking direct. I have previously booked both direct with Eurostar and via Disney official site. Booking via a third party site is maybe gonna be a tad over the actual price your seat is worth, just for the convenience (?) hmmmm when money is tight it's so much more economical to book direct.
What have others found during their trip planning?
Disneyworld 1990
Disneyland Paris 1996, 2002, 2004, 2013, 2014...

nathalie

I've booked January 7, for our trip on June 30 (direct from London to DLRP 49 € per person) until July 6 (Lille to London 56 € per person).

First time I've booked leaving from the UK (used to leave from Belgium), prices seemed alright.  Not much difference from when I would use the Eurostar to travel from Brussels to London.

xlucylu89x

Hi all,

this may have been asked on this thread before but couldn't see. Is the eurostar upgrade worth it?
Cheyenne 2005 & 2007
Newport Bay 2012 & 2017
Santa Fe 2014 & 2016

rocker

Quote from: xlucylu89x on May 02, 2019, 11:26:03 AM
Hi all,

this may have been asked on this thread before but couldn't see. Is the eurostar upgrade worth it?

depends on how much they're asking for.  you get a bigger better seat obviously, & the food is OK but not amazing.  a fairly light meal, a drink (wine or beer included) plus a tea or coffee or two.  For me, for that journey, it's worth an extra £20 or £30 tops...no more.  Done it a couple of times that way, but Standard really is fine I think.

xlucylu89x

on the way home is the check in any different? is it less chaotic at the upgrade carriage lol
Cheyenne 2005 & 2007
Newport Bay 2012 & 2017
Santa Fe 2014 & 2016

rocker

Quote from: xlucylu89x on May 03, 2019, 09:30:36 AM
on the way home is the check in any different? is it less chaotic at the upgrade carriage lol

No, at MLV it is egalitarian chaotic queuing for all  :P

schwelley

HI. I am considering booking the Eurostar for a trip in February. The dates aren't out yet, but they're being released day by day, by the looks of things.

My question is this, in a couple of days, our outward journey date will be released, but our inward journey won't have. By the time the inward one is released, no doubt the outward journey will have increased in price a lot.

Is it worth buying the outward when it comes out, and then buying the inward a few days later? (we want a 3-4 day trip) - in effect buying 2 sets of singles trips?