Eurostar — questions and travel updates

Started by Anthony, June 10, 2006, 07:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

disney_donutter

Hey, we were due to come back yesterday and obviously couldn't so we were upgraded and put into the Newport bay club for the Night with 3 course Meal, drinks and Breakfast this morning, all courtesy of SNCF and Disney.  All the people were so friendly and helpful and it was really good. we came back at 10:40 this morning through the second tunnel. I cannot fault the way that it was handled at all. hats off and applause to Eurostar, SNCF and Disney

Nicholas-c

Quote from: "disney_donutter"Hey, we were due to come back yesterday and obviously couldn't so we were upgraded and put into the Newport bay club for the Night with 3 course Meal, drinks and Breakfast this morning, all courtesy of SNCF and Disney.  All the people were so friendly and helpful and it was really good. we came back at 10:40 this morning through the second tunnel. I cannot fault the way that it was handled at all. hats off and applause to Eurostar, SNCF and Disney

Indeed, Very well handled, was everyone traveling that day put up for free ?
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

disney_donutter

yes, absolutely everybody.  It was very very well Handled.

PetiteSirene

I really wish I had been on the Disney Express, I was due to go home the day before Disney_Donutter but had to go from Paris North because the express was full.

Left Disney at 5:30pm thursday, reached Paris at 6:30, there was complete chaos and I was told by staff to basically sleep in the station until the next day! Luckily I had enough money to get back to Disney, where my Husband waited for me (he didnt get on his train to Brussels because he was worried about me being stuck in Paris alone.)

Managed to stay and extra night in Disney but was then told I wasnt entitled to get a plane they had arranged for the Disney Express Guests and spent the whole morning being told different things. Finally we were told by a lovely lady at Eurostar I might be able to board the plane but there was no garentee.

I ended up going back to Belgium as they still couldnt garentee my spot wen the Brussels train arrived. So I am stuck in Belgium until the prices go back down :(

Its great that Disney gave all the free rooms though. But my advice is to book the disney Express... no matter how expensive it is! The staff at the Express Lounge were so kind and reassured me that if I didnt get the plane I would get a refund (which I did in brussels). Hats off to them they were so polite, and much more helpful than the staff at Paris North  :?

Was so Jealous when Smurfy and Disney_Donutter rang me to tell me they had been upgraded for free lol!  :lol:

I don\'t know when, I don\'t know how, but I know something is starting right now.
Watch and you\'ll see, someday I\'ll be Part of Your World.

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia
September 2009 - Disneyland Hotel

littlemermaid83

What happened to the guests that paid for the Eurostar seperatly and the hotel direct through Disney did they get a free extra night etc?

I go next Monday so I'm still pretty worried even though the Disney train will still be running.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

PetiteSirene

As far as I can tell if you were stranded at Disney you were given the rooms, you were gaurenteed a place back on the train as long as you were leaving from Marne la Vallee.

I wouldnt worry about it :) if you arrive direct to Disneyland you will be fine.
Its only because I was travelling from Gare Du Nord that I got all the problems. Booking to go Direct to Disney next time!

I don\'t know when, I don\'t know how, but I know something is starting right now.

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia

simbrawr

I managed to get there and had a great week!

My train left 20 mins later than scheduled on the sunday morning and in the end was an hour and a half late due to a twenty minute wait to enter the tunnel and the detour via lille.

However on my return last nite the train departed marne la valle at 7.37 and didnt arrive at st pancras until 10.30 uk time! Made me half an hour late for the only connection i could get on...

managed to blag my way up the country though! Eventually got home at 2 this morning

jeakat24

Welcome back simbrawr, glad to hear you made it there ok and with only an hour and a half delay, shame about the way back though! Hope you going to do a trip report  :)
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

littlemermaid83

Glad you got the train ok :)

I leave on Monday on the Eurostar so I'll prepare myself for a longer train journey lol.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Frederico

Hi all,

I have just checked the Eurostar site and it says that all the Disney trains are going via Lille. Will this still include the Disney Express, as I recall it is only the direct trains that have it, I hope so it is the first time I will be travelling with all the trimmings.
Talkin \'bout the midnight rambler

CJNorth

Hi,

Disney Express will still be in operation and will not be affected by the Eurostar making an additional stop at Lille.  As far as Eurostar and Disney are concerned this is still the direct service to DLRP.
As for the trains "diverting" to Lille this is not true as the Disney Eurostar service has always passed through Lille Europe station but never stopped.
Carl

jeakat24

Hi I read a small report in the paper today (The Sun so you never if it's true!) which said that Eurostar hope to have trains running normally this week, although I find that a bit hard to believe
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

Patrick

Quote from: "CJNorth"Hi,

Disney Express will still be in operation and will not be affected by the Eurostar making an additional stop at Lille.  As far as Eurostar and Disney are concerned this is still the direct service to DLRP.
As for the trains "diverting" to Lille this is not true as the Disney Eurostar service has always passed through Lille Europe station but never stopped.

The Disney Express now stops anyway at Lille, it started doing this stop ever since the eurostar was changed to St Pancras.

CJNorth

Thanks, I didn't know or had not looked at the timetable.  Has anyone boarded at Lille and if so do you still have to go through all the airport style security?
Carl

PetiteSirene

Going from Lille to Marne la Vallee you should have no security checks as you are not crossing any borders.

I have done the trip from Lille to Brussels and as we were not going through the tunnel it was like getting on any international european train and pulls into a normal platform... infact the Eurostar pulled in on the platform opposite the TGV to Marne la Vallee and I really wanted to get on that train instead lol  :lol:

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia