Hollywood Boulevard placemaking

Started by Anthony, June 13, 2006, 04:50:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Baloo"You know, it looks as though the Studios now has a heart. Here's a recent photo showing the panorama with the steel lightpole to the left of Walt removed, covered with plants for now:

http://nsm01.casimages.com/img/2007/12/ ... 533797.jpg

:o WOW, that photo is amazing, it perfectly sums up everything that this area has become :)

Japper

This area really feels like the heart of the park! :) It's I bit strange but I feld that the other attractions make much more sense now.

Soap

WOW  :shock:  Absolutly stunning picture....
Showed i to my mom, this is what she said: "Wow, that looks great, i love to go to WDW someday...." "Well uhhh...mom...this is in Paris"   :lol:

She's has been to DLRP over a 80 times....whahahha...so it must make a difference right :)
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

-breeno-

That is a great picture :shock:

It really sums up the massive difference thats been made in WDS, 2007 has been a year of change for WDS and it looks like 2008 will be a good year for WDS.
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

experiment627

FYI: the background music that is being used is apparently the same as the one for Hollywood Boulevard at Walt Disney World...

SMCD

Would like to see some new photos soon. Have all the walls been removed? Is the pin shop in operation?

Kristof

Quote from: "SMCD"Would like to see some new photos soon. Have all the walls been removed? Is the pin shop in operation?

http://www.photosmagiques.com/

Yes, of course they have been removed.  Pin Shop is open.

Kristof

Anthony, here's a photo just for you:  :wink:

Anthony

Ta-daa!!! It took its time, but now we really do have Hollywood Blvd. :D

Does this mean The HTH is located on Vine Street?

Kristof

I've posted a video tour of the Boulevard on WDSfans earlier.  Here it is for those who haven't seen it yet:  :)

[dailymotion:3ntlnvy3]x47xwn[/dailymotion:3ntlnvy3]

miss disney fan

thanks raptor, when we went at the end of november the boulevard was still boarded shut so i just had to have a look at our photos so i can get an idea where the buildings are as when i look at it now it dosent look like the WDS as i remenbered it, thanks again and love the music you put it to  :lol:

Anthony

I'm still in awe at how good this turned out. Remember when we were discussing whether you'd be able to see the "bare steel" on the back of the La Terrasse facades from the Tower? :o

The steps down through the set into La Terrasse are a great idea, this area has real depth.

And even though the Kool Zone is a little bit hideous (seriously Coca-Cola, STOP using the word "cool" for your locations! Even with a different spelling!!), it at least adds some 1950s placemaking now:

© J°o°eL

Riebi

"KOOL"  8)  bottle holder! Want it at home! :D
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

danwills

What do you think will happen when the boulevard is eventually extended, does anyone think the national bank & felix hotel set buildings along with the tunnel backdrop are only temporary and will be removed to make way for the extension, and does this just show that this wont happen for years to come?

(ooops hope that made some sense.)

Anthony

Quote from: "danwills"What do you think will happen when the boulevard is eventually extended, does anyone think the national bank & felix hotel set buildings along with the tunnel backdrop are only temporary and will be removed to make way for the extension, and does this just show that this wont happen for years to come?

(ooops hope that made some sense.)
Yes and yes! Well, I think so anyway. The other sets aren't built to any kind of forced perspective like those backdrops, so when they're ready, it'll be really easy to built it into a full boulevard.

Having said that, another option could be to leave them there and have that as the end of the Hollywood area, so stepping through the tunnel would take you to a completely different land. Although again... the hills are tied to the Studio Tram Tour station anyway, so maybe they'll go when it goes.

Good fun to speculate anyway. :)