Hollywood Boulevard placemaking

Started by Anthony, June 13, 2006, 04:50:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Regarding the music, I heard some recognizable songs like slower versions of When you wish upon a Star and Somewhere over the rainbow and an upbeat, jazzier version of Zip-a-dee-doo-dah.  :)

experiment627

Quote from: "raptor1982"Regarding the music, I heard some recognizable songs like slower versions of When you wish upon a Star and Somewhere over the rainbow and an upbeat, jazzier version of Zip-a-dee-doo-dah.  :)

I love the music in that area of the park and cannot wait for a sunny day sitting at La Terrasse... just to listen to the music...  :)

Riebi

And is this the final loop? Or just a short test like at toon studio?
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Kristof

Great News Yall!!!  More light pylons are being removed, this time one to the left of the Partners Statue, which is already completely gone!

Anthony

Well, Merry Christmas one and all! :)  :) Hopefully both the silver and smaller blue lights will eventually go...

Disney Bros. Plaza would be brilliant with the same lights, benches, etc as Hollywood.

experiment627

Quote from: "Baloo"Well, Merry Christmas one and all! :)  :) Hopefully both the silver and smaller blue lights will eventually go...

Disney Bros. Plaza would be brilliant with the same lights, benches, etc as Hollywood.

One can only hope... but they still should do something about the plaza's paving...

(And secretly, I'm still hoping for a small nod to Roy... like a replica of that nice statue from the Magic Kingdom's Town Square...)

Maarten

Quote from: "experiment627"
Quote from: "Baloo"Well, Merry Christmas one and all! :)  :) Hopefully both the silver and smaller blue lights will eventually go...

One can only hope... but they still should do something about the plaza's paving...

(And secretly, I'm still hoping for a small nod to Roy... like a replica of that nice statue from the Magic Kingdom's Town Square...)

Excellent idea. The Roy Disney with Minnie Mouse statue would compliment the current Partners Statue very well and it would make the Disney Bros. Plaza name more appropriate. Its also great to hear they are finally coming to their senses by removing those hidious lampposts. Hopefully they will get rid of them in the whole of Production Courtyard. Only the lampposts at Backlot seem like a natural fit.  :)

Kristof

Disney Central Plaza member "Yao" has seen the new tipboard in operation today.  He says that the screens behind the entertainment offerings do not just show the hours, but also short clips from that particular show.  :D  =D>

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "raptor1982"Disney Central Plaza member "Yao" has seen the new tipboard in operation today.  He says that the screens behind the entertainment offerings do not just show the hours, but also short clips from that particular show.  :D  =D>

Wow, that sounds awesome :)  :wink:

The Butlin Boy

Sorry to double post, but Kyoto on DMI has got some images of the working tipboards in which you can just about make out the clips that Raptor has described:

:arrow: Picture 1
 :arrow: Picture 2

The park has also added a slightly TOT themed catering van, I assume it's sponsored by Fanta :wink: :
 :arrow: Picture

Source: Link

penfold12

when you say light pylons, do you mean the scaffolding type lights that are along the parade route?

Kristof

penfold12: yes, those ugly things.  :wink:

Kool Zone:  :-s

Japper

Yes , the tip board is very cool! It's really nice. Displaying all the restaurants opening times and showmovies

speedpacket

It's very cool indeed... Hope they add the clock mechanism at the top soon though ;)-
Next visit:
13-14-15 February 2009 - Valentine in DLH Castle Club

Thank you Disney for introducing me to my girlfriend!  Disney truly is magical!!!

Anthony

The tips board is b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l. So stylish and smart, and very clever with the LCD times displays and video clips. Whoever does all this technical stuff behind the scenes at DLRP deserves a lot of credit. Spending so much on getting such a polished piece of theming at the heart of the park, for something every single guest will look at, does it a lot of favours. Hope the clock is finished asap.

You know, it looks as though the Studios now has a heart. Here's a recent photo showing the panorama with the steel lightpole to the left of Walt removed, covered with plants for now:

http://nsm01.casimages.com/img/2007/12/ ... 533797.jpg

*Hopefully* they've got a few more parade rigs like the ones on the opposite side waiting backstage... [-o<