Hollywood Boulevard placemaking

Started by Anthony, June 13, 2006, 04:50:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malin

Quote from: "raptor1982"So here's an update on the Hollywood Blvd.  The 2D backdrops at the end of the Blvd. (and the Tram Station) are designed to be taken apart so they can be make way for an extension of the Blvd. with actual shops and restaurants inside, according to several members on DCP and confirmed by La Roquine.

Sounds good and hopely it could make the way for the Studios first ever table service restaurant later down the line.  But I guess the demand needs to be there first!

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "raptor1982"So here's an update on the Hollywood Blvd.  The 2D backdrops at the end of the Blvd. (and the Tram Station) are designed to be taken apart so they can be make way for an extension of the Blvd. with actual shops and restaurants inside, according to several members on DCP and confirmed by La Roquine.

Sounds good to me, it'll be very interesting to see how this and other rumored expansion and placemaking projects turn out in the next few years :)

Anthony

I've never noticed this before - an extra piece of the Hollywood backdrops, hiding backstage at the Studios:

Seems to be the right end of this piece:

Riebi

hm interesting mysterious :mrgreen:
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Timbo

Good grief !!! Well spotted I would never have got that !!!

phantom247

New Ice Cream location next to Pin Trading opens soon.

Owain

Quote from: "phantom247"New Ice Cream location next to Pin Trading opens soon.

Will this be a cart or an actual store inside the Franklin Department Store facade ?

It would be cool if this new addition would serve the popular dole whip ice cream from the american parks, as didnt dlrp introduce dole a year or 2 ?  :idea:

Anthony

An ice cream location in WDS? Whatever next?! Brilliant news.

I'd always thought the empty space inside Beverley Court would be the perfect size for a slightly smaller version of Fantasia Gelati though, so now I'm wondering the same as Owain, does this mean one of the windows of Franklin Dept. Store has gone?

never2old

Yes! So that's what it is! They had closed up the window next to the Pin Trading shop, we saw it on Monday

hope they theme it right

Anthony

Photo:

I'll actually be sad to see that window go, it was afterall one of very very few proper period placemaking pieces (pppp?) in the whole park. I wonder if there's enough space for the new location to have a strong 50s vibe?

phantom247

Ben and Jerrys ready to open over the next few days.

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "phantom247"Ben and Jerrys ready to open over the next few days.

It's open NOW! :P

You can find more at:

http://www.dlrptimes.com/article-34001045.html

I suppose it's a nice addition to the Studios, I mean, it's not a huge new restaurant or anything, but it looks like a great little stall. Not only is themed well as well, but it adds a bit more variety to the Studios too :wink:

I could really do with some ice cream now :P

pussinboots

Hmmm, that's actually not looking bad at all. Note how they changed the letters "GIFTS" into the more appropriate, if nonsensical "FINE FOODS."

Makes me wish even more that they would expand this little boulevard...

RnRCj

A very nice but small addition. :) Reminds me a lot of the candyfloss counter in Main Street.

luke85

Looks great! and I agree with pussinboots, i really hope they expand this area, it deserves it, little touches like this would really make it come alive!