Hollywood Boulevard placemaking

Started by Anthony, June 13, 2006, 04:50:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Butlin Boy

They are still adding to the boulevard:

Pics from narindra on DCP

Riebi

Wow! Cool and necessary! This backfront looked a bit boring! What a bit of additional paint can doooo! :mrgreen:  Like it now much! Thanks for sharing!
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Anthony

Oh awesome!! Beautiful design. :D

One thing that should be done however -- that gate behind ToT on the route to Backlot, why doesn't it get the same HTH mural as the gate next to the ToT in DCA? It seems like strange missed opportunity.

RnRCj

I think I saw that girl painting when I was there, except she was in the exit hallway of Tower Of Terror. :lol:

Remco K.

Quote from: "Baloo"that gate behind ToT on the route to Backlot, why doesn't it get the same HTH mural as the gate next to the ToT in DCA? It seems like strange missed opportunity.
They ran out of money! :wink:

The gate at DCA looks pretty indeed. Perhaps this is also a future addition? As long as the Tram Tour station can move, the area around Tower of Terror could still change a lot in the future.

Owain

Quote from: "Remco K."
Quote from: "Baloo"that gate behind ToT on the route to Backlot, why doesn't it get the same HTH mural as the gate next to the ToT in DCA? It seems like strange missed opportunity.
They ran out of money! :wink:

The gate at DCA looks pretty indeed. Perhaps this is also a future addition?
Does anybody have a photo of this at DCA compared to our tot?

Anthony

Try Flickr - can't find a photo yet so far.

Funnily enough the only photo I've found so far is of the gate on the other side of the DCA Tower, which is the same as the bare one at WDS: http://www.flickr.com/photos/amityville ... r/9746644/

It's a nice enough gate though, I have to say. They'd be better spending money on the horrible Backlot and Toon Studio parade entrances.

Owain

This may be late news but joels photo report from april 8 reports La Terrasse Perrier is open :)

Pictures;

Looks lovely :)

For full report; //http://joel.at.dlp.online.fr/dlp/20080408/

Kellogs

It is really lovely there :) Although the drinks are slightly odd mixes hehe.

Anthony

The drinks are brilliant and a real surprise to find at a quick service place inside one of the parks. I only hope it's a huge success and they expand the concept. The branding and logos on the van are also brilliant, compared to the boring Catering Co or unnecessarily ugly Kool Zone. It really adds a LOT to the park.

Photos Magiques featured the van in its update about 3 weeks ago but no-one posted here so I'll let you off. :P

giorgio1712

Looks great to me, I really like the colours. Is Perrier a type of sparkling water?

Riebi

The van looks great in this la terrasse area! Fits very well! =D>

Perrier is THE french sparkling mineral water. You can read more about it:

//http://www.perrier.com/

Kristof

So here's an update on the Hollywood Blvd.  The 2D backdrops at the end of the Blvd. (and the Tram Station) are designed to be taken apart so they can be make way for an extension of the Blvd. with actual shops and restaurants inside, according to several members on DCP and confirmed by La Roquine.

never2old

Quote from: "raptor1982"So here's an update on the Hollywood Blvd.  The 2D backdrops at the end of the Blvd. (and the Tram Station) are designed to be taken apart so they can be make way for an extension of the Blvd. with actual shops and restaurants inside, according to several members on DCP and confirmed by La Roquine.

Excellent!!

I love what they've done, it looks brilliant! Looking forward to future extensions...

Riebi

Sounds great! Seems that there will happen a lot at the studios after this big success of TOT and Toon Studios!  :D/