Indiana Jones et le Temple du Péril

Started by HasserX, November 30, 2008, 10:00:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HasserX

This is the main topic for Indiana Jones Et Le Temple Du Peril!

Indiana Jones is a great ride filled with two drops at the start and a thrilling loop! The main story is that your in the temple from the Indiana Jones movie - Indiana Jones And The Temple Of Doom! Disneyland Resort Paris have rated it as a big thrill because of its sharp turns, Big drops, A short helix and a loop  8)  If you come to Disneyland Resort Paris you can't miss this!

Here are some questions and answers:

Q: Does this ride have fastpass?
A: Yes

Q: Whats the height restriction for this ride?
A: 1m 40.

Q: Do you get much leg space?
A: For children yes but some aldults might struggle.

Q: What do you sit in on the ride?
A: Little mine cars.

Q: Is this ride rough ( Does it bang your neck a bit )
A: It does bang you round a little bit but not so much that your notice it.

Disneyland Resort Paris have used this description for the ride:

Face the wrath of the gods on a mine car looping at high speed through ancient temple ruins!  =D>

Magic M

THIS REVIEW I CREATED FOR THE FACEBOOK GROUP "ADDICTED TO DISNEYLAND PARIS":

Quote----------------------------------------------------------

I will be using the "Five F's" and scoring out of five.

The Five F's are...

FEEMING - How well Themed the ride is to its surroundings - the ride "experience"...

FEATURES - How many rollercoaster features the ride has - drops, corkscrews etc...

FAST - Just how mind-bogglingly, earth-shatteringly fast the ride goes...

FEAR - Just how soul-destroyingly, pant-wettingly scary the ride is...

FUN - The over enjoyment of the ride...

---------------------------------------------------------------------
*** WEEK FOUR - INDIANA JONES AND THE TEMPLE OF PERIL ***

Last edition I refered to this ride as the 'Secret Coaster' because most people never find it. The Indiana Jones ride in Adventureland was originally going to be a land in itself, but due to budget cuts it ended as a stand-alone ride. This means its kind of out-on-a-limb but is well worth to trek to try and find.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FEEMING (Theming)

Exploring Adventureland and its many rope bridges, caves and marvelous tree house you can very easily miss what it one of the best rides in the park.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril is a traditional rollercoaster hidden the jungles to the north of Adventureland in the top-left corner of the park. From Adventureland its kinda hard to spot - all you can see is the top of a Mayan Pyramid poking out over the tops of the trees.

Once you follow a seemingly path-to-nowhere you find a mass of bamboo constructions and tents which really resemble an archaeological dig site. The area with its dusty jeeps and bazaars (selling snakes, guns and fedora hats) really has that Indiana Jones feel.

The ride itself is a runaway mine-train ride (in a similar vein to Big Thunder Mountain) but is a faster, more adult experience - flying around an old crumbling Mayan Ruin.

To get to the ruin you have to walk through a series of permanent switchbacks - but this means you have to walk past the beautifully crafted scenery. Piles of artefacts, jeeps, tents, all give the feeling you are walking through the set of an Indiana Jones movie - you half expect harrison Ford to walk by any minute.

You climb some old stone steps into the heart of the temple... and await your destiny!

5 out of 5

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FEATURES

The Indiana Jones ride is the only Rollercoaster in Disneyland Resort that is completely outside. It has no tunnels or darkness or special lighting effects - this means the ride is a much more "traditional" experience.

The ride is made up of a series of mine-carts, but as the shoulder harness comes down you know this is going to be much more than Big Thunder Mountain.

The Mayan Ruin itself is a huge and very authenic looking construction and as such the ride climbs its massive heights with sharp corners and dramatic drops.

The main feature of the ride is a very fast and very tight 360 loop. This ride used to be a BACKWARDS rollercoaster but feel safe in the knowledge you can now see the loop coming!

3 out of 5

FAST

I'm not going to knock Big Thunder Mountain too much - I know I might've been a bit harsh in my review of this fan-favourite - but my main hang-up is that the ride is too slow and tame. Indiana Jones has all the scenery and twisting turns of Big Thunder Mountain but this time WITH SPEED!

The ride is a traditional coaster and as such has that old-fashioned chugga-chugga-chugga as you go around the track. This combined with speed and the loop makes for a much more satisfying experience!

4 out of 5

FEAR AND FUN

As I mentioned, this ride is an outside coaster. That means you are normally riding in the daylight. This also means - much like Big Thunder Mountain - that you can see every twist and turn coming. Knowing when to brace yourself can take away a bit of the fear-factor but I can assure you - YOU WILL GET SCARED!

The peak and drops of this ride are often so tight that you are SURE you are going smash into the stone-work of the temple - the worst case for this is just before the loop, so you actually get a double-scare.

This is not a ride for kids!

The overall theme of the area its uber-authentic and it feels more like a movie set than just a "tagged-on" ride. Just the walk TO the ride is as much of an experience as the ride itself! By finding this lost treasure of a ride you feel like Dr Jones himself.

This ride is also a FastPass attraction but I have never actually had to queue more than 3-5 minutes for this ride - meaning re-rides are a no-brainer!

Discover it, ride it - love it!

Fear - 4 out of 5

Fun - 5 out of 5

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total Score 20 out of 25

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

giorgio1712

Nice review!

I actually love this ride, has to be one of my favourites, I was infact the first person to review it on DLRP Review! I think some people criticise it and dont bother if the queue is a certain length but I really think it is undervalued.

I really enjoy even the queueing and the fact that its a no nonsense short, fast and exhilirating coaster!

caffeine_demon

I know this one is based on a pinfari model - is the legroom as cramped as the zl42 models (eg klondike gold mine)

N-Igmagineer_88

Question is,if you use the fastpass line do you miss the theming of the queue?
\'\'I only hope that we don\'t lose sight of one thing-that it was all started by a mouse\'\'-Walt Disney

Nicholas-c

Quote from: "N-Igmagineer_88"Question is,if you use the fastpass line do you miss the theming of the queue?

Not entirely ;) you miss the trek through the jungle but get the temple theme.
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

N-Igmagineer_88

Quote from: "Nicholas-c"
Quote from: "N-Igmagineer_88"Question is,if you use the fastpass line do you miss the theming of the queue?

Not entirely ;) you miss the trek through the jungle but get the temple theme.

Hmm :?  I think i'm gonna go for the stand-by line next time then.I just hope it's not too crowded...
\'\'I only hope that we don\'t lose sight of one thing-that it was all started by a mouse\'\'-Walt Disney

Magic M

Hi Guys!

I've just come back from a 5-day stay at DLRP and me and my Newbie girlfriend rode Indy TEN TIMES over the holiday (compared to 2 times on BTM).  We love this ride!

MM

P.S.  Ride it after dark - the view of the pak and the flaming torch really adds to the ambiance!

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Magic M"Hi Guys!

I've just come back from a 5-day stay at DLRP and me and my Newbie girlfriend rode Indy TEN TIMES over the holiday (compared to 2 times on BTM).  We love this ride!

MM

P.S.  Ride it after dark - the view of the pak and the flaming torch really adds to the ambiance!

Glad you had a great trip :)

HasserX

Riding Indiana Jones in the dark - Sounds pretty good to me! I wish I did it when I was there last month! also I must say that this is a great ride it is so fun  :D

bigrossco

When I was there was more or less the first day and rode it while it was dark!

It was infact a very good view and you could even see TOT from the top of IJ all lit up was amazing !
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

Magic M

Last week from the top you could also see a beautiful forest of trees lit up with blue fairy lights (possibly Santa's Village...)

Walts heir

i love this ride but it used to be way better when it went backwards its actually easy to find once you know where it is
every time it goes up after the ride im sure its gonna go off track
once me and my sis were stuck up before the first drop for 10 minutes and we had to be evacuated and we got fastpasses to go back on later even though we only waited 5 mins in the queue
i love how there is often little queue
this is one of my favorite ride but i have to say i prefer the one at disneyland and wdw

charliegal

Hey folks,

Was just having a look at the scheduled ride closures for the year where I saw that for Indiana Jones and the temple of peril it said 'Closed in August 2009 the 31st August'. Is this a typo with it meaning that the attraction is closed for the entire month or just the 31st of August?

Thanx very much x

RnRCj

Just the 31st August. :wink:  It's closed from the start of September too.