Indiana Jones et le Temple du Péril

Started by HasserX, November 30, 2008, 10:00:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charliegal

Wahey! Was hoping you were going to say that, thanx very much for the swift reply  :D  Im off to Disneyland next Monday - its one of my favourites

15yearsofMagic2008

Does this ride have a loop ?
I want your love and i want your revenge you and me could write a bad romance

Don\'t call my name , don\'t call my name , Alejandro

-breeno-

Yep it does.

"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

RnRCj

Quote from: "15yearsofMagic2008"Does this ride have a loop ?
It does - as I didn't know when I first rode it. :lol: Me and my mum got quite shock when we were suddenly sent through the tight 360 degree loop. Although, my mum obviously didn't notice it, for she only threw up after I told her it went upside down!

Rorschach

I rode Indy in 1995 and again on April.
I was so bored. This coaster is too simple.
I wish it could be replaced or somehow changed.
Won't ride it again...

15yearsofMagic2008

Quote from: "RnRCj"It does - as I didn't know when I first rode it. :lol: Me and my mum got quite shock when we were suddenly sent through the tight 360 degree loop. Although, my mum obviously didn't notice it, for she only threw up after I told her it went upside down!

HaHaHa Lol  :lol: ! Is it a good ride overall
I want your love and i want your revenge you and me could write a bad romance

Don\'t call my name , don\'t call my name , Alejandro

Magic M

I've just checked the closures and refurbs list on DLRPMagic and it states that IJ will be closed for 12 days!

From August 31st to September 11th my most ridden rollercoaster (I once rode it 10 times in a day!) appears to be having a MAJOR overhaul!

12 days of refurb... what does that suggest to you?  Replacing sections of track?  New mine-carts?  Tidying up the queue line a bit?

RnRCj

Probably just a general clean up, checking all the bolts are still tight etc.. :wink:

Hopefully they'll fix all the torches too.

Willow

I wanna know whose idea it was to clone a Pinfari layout, and a pretty ordinary Pinfari layout at that!

Could be more exciting but not a terrible ride.

QTXAdsy

This ride could have probelly have more effects added or a tunnel on the 'long straight' bit.

Here Come The Belgians!

DanielCraig

they shouldmake it run backwards again, maybe it would be more interesting, has anyone been on it when it did run backwards?

All our wishes
Will
come
True

-breeno-

The reason they put it back to forwards in the first place was because people were getting back and neck pains.  Because you couldn't see what was coming you couldn't prepare yourself for the sharp turns/loop, which results in a rough ride.  So i can't see them ever putting Indy backwards again.
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

DanielCraig

Quote from: "-breeno-"The reason they put it back to forwards in the first place was because people were getting back and neck pains.  Because you couldn't see what was coming you couldn't prepare yourself for the sharp turns/loop, which results in a rough ride.  So i can't see them ever putting Indy backwards again.

whoa, that rides gives me headaches and neck pain anyway, i cant imagine it being even worse lol  :shock:

All our wishes
Will
come
True

Anthony

I'm not sure how true this is, but I'm fairly sure it was returned to being forwards in November 2004 only so that the park had a regular high-thrill roller coaster whilst Space Mountain was closed for several months at the start of 2005 to become Mission 2.

It became so much more popular that it was kept that way.

The worst thing about the ride for me is the way they shoe-horned two extra seats into each carriage. There were originally only 4 in each - now with 6, it's a horrible squeeze and you're so low down. Makes our two Vekoma death machines seem comfortable. That extra weight also contributes to making all the drops and turns more painful, even if they did try and tweak them.

mehdi5

Went on it last week, it has aged a lot, but i don't know, if they would theoreticly some day build Indiana Jones Adventure i'd rather have them build another rollercoaster on it's place, perhaps the old Indiana Jones and the Lost Continent concept with EMV, coaster and boat ride? Gotta keep dreaming anyway :P