Indiana Jones et le Temple du Péril

Started by HasserX, November 30, 2008, 10:00:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JelleP

It's an adventure with Indiana Jones, WDI didn't want to have a smooth ride at all!
But maybe it would have been better when they didn't had that thought... :roll:
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

kelly.dylan

Quote from: "disneytrips"hey guys. this ride was awful for me. my neck got pulled at a weird angle when doing the loop. my neck was extremely sore.  :(  it ruined the rest of the day for me. i have never had neck problems so i would warn people to be careful going on this ride.. 1 week later and my neck is still sore and i can barely more it.
my doctor has said that i will need physio
Quote from: "DanielCraig"
Quote from: "-breeno-"The reason they put it back to forwards in the first place was because people were getting back and neck pains.  Because you couldn't see what was coming you couldn't prepare yourself for the sharp turns/loop, which results in a rough ride.  So i can't see them ever putting Indy backwards again.

whoa, that rides gives me headaches and neck pain anyway, i cant imagine it being even worse lol  :shock:
Quote from: "Alan"I hate this ride. I don't bother going on it anymore, when I'm at the park. It's rough, uncomfortable and not a lot of fun. I kind of hope Disney would demolish it and build something more family-friendly in its place. It's a waste of property.
I had exactly the same thing.  We didnt go on it until our last day (luckily) and when we came off my neck was agony! Couldn't move it at all and Dylan (10) said he had a banging headache! Dont think we will go on it again for a long while :(
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
October 2010-Hotel New York
December 2010-Cheyenne
February 2011-Disneyland Hotel
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
October 2012-Explorers Hotel
December 2012-Sequoia Lodge
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad
December 2013-Dream Castle
October 2014-WDW Saratoga Springs[/color]

claire2281

My personal opinion is that the ride is too small and therefore too tight. Loops never usually feel uncomfortable to me but the one on Indiana Jones certainly does and I can see why people hurt their necks on it. If the ride was larger, you wouldn't feel it so badly.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

CafeFantasia

That's a very good point Claire. Rides like Hulk at Islands of Adventure, which have very large loops, are very smooth and comfortable. Temple of Peril is too small for its own good, because the changes in direction are too sudden and the forces applied to your body come on too quickly.

As I've said before, I wish Disney would either modify the Temple of Peril, by taking out the loop and getting rid of the over the should restraints. Or just demolish the whole thing and build a comfortable thrill ride that the whole family can enjoy together.

Scissorsboi

It's more the shape of the loop itself, if you look at most of the larger loops you'll notice that they're more of a 'teardrop' shape which ease the rider into and out of the actual inverted track, this helps to reduce the forces felt. Indy has a perfectly round loop which means that the forces are higher. I've also thought that after it was re-profiled to become backwards, maybe some of their track banking changes affected the rides smoothness when it was changed back to running forwards?

I'd be interested to see if Raging Spirits has the same issues with roughness as Indy?
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

Martyn

REMOVE the loop? NEVER. Its the best Loop I've ever ridden. So intense and forceful!

sebassah

Quote from: "Martyn"REMOVE the loop? NEVER. Its the best Loop I've ever ridden. So intense and forceful!

Same here! I love that loop! And I loved Indy backwards. The theming is so cool (where did those wooden track pieces go to?) The sharp turns and force changes are so cool and they fit so good in the 'temple theme'.

Anyway I love Indy and even though an Indy Adventure would be way better... Its not that bad (I think SMII in the back is a bigger problem for your neck...) and the idea of just lapbars instead of over shoulders sound cool aswell the bars of Expedition Everest might be perfect!

Martyn

At the end of the day if the classic Schwarty looping coasters can cope with lap bars, there's no reason why Indy cant!

dagobert

It seems that I'm in the minority here. I have always liked the coaster, but it was definately better when it was backwards. Indy could be themed a bit better, but I think it is a fine attraction.

SwipatronSparks

Quote from: "dagobert"It seems that I'm in the minority here. I have always liked the coaster, but it was definately better when it was backwards. Indy could be themed a bit better, but I think it is a fine attraction.

i agree!!!! indy was definately better backwards... and i have never had a problem with indy.... i only tend to go on it now if someone else wants to go on it because its rubbuish forwards.... it going backwards was what attracted me to it... wount say no to a ride though of course =]
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

Walts heir

Quote from: "dagobert"It seems that I'm in the minority here. I have always liked the coaster, but it was definately better when it was backwards. Indy could be themed a bit better, but I think it is a fine attraction.
im gonna have to agree with you

sebassah

Quote from: "Walts heir"
im gonna have to agree with you

I so agree!

Martyn

Indy's themeing is great, though it could do with a clean up. I think the ride is due a major refurb.

CafeFantasia

Here's a great on-ride video of the Japanese version of Temple of Peril... Raging Spirits at Tokyo DisneySea:

[youtube:32k6nxkd]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emDRAQGGbAk[/youtube:32k6nxkd]