Indiana Jones et le Temple du Péril

Started by HasserX, November 30, 2008, 10:00:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbo

It was okay going backwards ,not really a huge difference ! But I do prefer it forwards.
The ride is so small because it was meant to be temporary IIR , I thought it was added as a quick fix as people wanted more thrill rides in the park when it opened, so I wouldn't be sorry if it went ,to be replaced by Indiana Jones Adventure instead !

Kristof

Quote from: "Timbo"It was okay going backwards ,not really a huge difference ! But I do prefer it forwards.
The ride is so small because it was meant to be temporary IIR , I thought it was added as a quick fix as people wanted more thrill rides in the park when it opened, so I wouldn't be sorry if it went ,to be replaced by Indiana Jones Adventure instead !

It wasn't temporary.  The Indiana Jones Adventure was supposed to be build next to it, creating a mini-land.  :)

MattyD24

i just came across something on Central Palaza Forum regarding "Indiana Jones et Le Temple Du Peril"

originally

December 2008

mid July 2010

would there be any reason, why alot of the wooden planks have vanished from the roller coaster track
 :?:  :?:  :?:

Disneyland Paris
Disney\'s Hotel Santa Fe 1996, 1999, 2005
Davy Crockett Ranch 2011?

Walt Disney World Resort Florida
Off-Site 2002, 2008

luke85

I've never even noticed those missing planks! Pity, as from those pics the attraction obviously looks much better with lots of them :(

dagobert

Maybe the planks are rotten and there is no money to replace them. At first this sentence was supposed to be a joke, but after thinking about it, it might be true.

CafeFantasia

I hate this ride. I don't bother going on it anymore, when I'm at the park. It's rough, uncomfortable and not a lot of fun. I kind of hope Disney would demolish it and build something more family-friendly in its place. It's a waste of property.

dagobert

I don't hate the ride, but Alan you are right, the ride is not very comfortable. Nevertheless I always ride Indy and enjoy it.
I would also prefere the Anaheim or Tokyo ride instead of Temple of Peril, although I haven't experienced those versions. I have only been on the Dinosaur attraction at WDW which uses the same ride technology and in my opinion it is a great attraction.

luke85

I agree too, I'm always in some sort of pain after riding it!

PetiteSirene

Am I wrong in thinking that the HUGE plot of land near Indy that is unused was meant to be for a big E ticket ride like Indy Adventures? I seem to remember being told Indy was only meant to be tempory ride until they had the funds to build it. Of course I could be totally wrong :?

I must admit Indy is never high on my to ride list, if its really quiet then I'll go on it but if its more than a 10 minute queue I dont normally bother (yes I normally go off peak.) Its fun to ride but its nothing really spectacular and its sad that the theming seems to have slowly been stripped away over time. In my opinion Adventureland needs some real love, its only got 2 rides :(

I don\'t know when, I don\'t know how, but I know something is starting right now.
Watch and you\'ll see, someday I\'ll be Part of Your World.

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia
September 2009 - Disneyland Hotel

mattboywonder

Yeah, I sometimes give this one a miss if the line is long which isn't always the case with it being tucked away a little.  It would be fantastic if they buit the Indiana Jones Adventure ride in Paris though - 15 years old and STILL the rest ride in my opinion
Disneyland - 1991, 1995, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010, 2012
Walt Disney World - 1998, 2000, 2010, 2011, 2012
Tokyo Disneyland - 2008, 2011, 2012
Disneyland Paris - 1997, 2002, 2007, 2008, 2009 (March, May, Halloween & Dec), 2010 (Feb, July, Oct & Dec), 2011 (April, July & September), 2012 (March, April & July & New Years Eve) 2013 March
Hong Kong Disneyland - 2007, 2008

-breeno-

Quote from: "PetiteSirene"Am I wrong in thinking that the HUGE plot of land near Indy that is unused was meant to be for a big E ticket ride like Indy Adventures? I seem to remember being told Indy was only meant to be tempory ride until they had the funds to build it. Of course I could be totally wrong :?
In the original master plan for DLP the area was planned to be an Indiana Jones 'land within a land' with a mine kart rollercoaster (not sure if it would have been Temple of Peril) and I think Indiana Jones Adventure.  However due to financial problems the idea was shelved and Temple was created to keep the thrill seekers happy until Space Mountain arrived.
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

PetiteSirene

Ahhh right thanks Breeno, I knew it was something along those lines. I certainly think that Indy could do with either a good refurb and theme it back up again or perhaps change the ride all together for a new Indy attraction. Though as always with DLP funds are the problem -_-

I don\'t know when, I don\'t know how, but I know something is starting right now.
Watch and you\'ll see, someday I\'ll be Part of Your World.

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia
September 2009 - Disneyland Hotel

Martyn

Its only painful at the front really, because of how big the cars are, in comparison to the transitions in the track. The cars originally only had 2 rows, and when you mess with things like that, it does become uncomfortable.

Anyway, back seat is best for me and whilst its not an amazing coaster by any means, I still think its fun. And the themeing is fab, but could do with updating.

Its been a while since it was revamped hasn't it? Hopefully the removal of them planks is pointing to something...

disneytrips

hey guys. this ride was awful for me. my neck got pulled at a weird angle when doing the loop. my neck was extremely sore.  :(  it ruined the rest of the day for me. i have never had neck problems so i would warn people to be careful going on this ride.. 1 week later and my neck is still sore and i can barely more it.
my doctor has said that i will need physio
Quote from: "DanielCraig"
Quote from: "-breeno-"The reason they put it back to forwards in the first place was because people were getting back and neck pains.  Because you couldn't see what was coming you couldn't prepare yourself for the sharp turns/loop, which results in a rough ride.  So i can't see them ever putting Indy backwards again.

whoa, that rides gives me headaches and neck pain anyway, i cant imagine it being even worse lol  :shock:
Quote from: "Alan"I hate this ride. I don't bother going on it anymore, when I'm at the park. It's rough, uncomfortable and not a lot of fun. I kind of hope Disney would demolish it and build something more family-friendly in its place. It's a waste of property.

Walts heir

Quote from: "PetiteSirene"I certainly think that Indy could do with either a good refurb and theme it back up again or perhaps change the ride all together for a new Indy attraction. Though as always with DLP funds are the problem -_-
personally i think this ride is quite good as it is i mean it is a dlp classic and i dont think it should be changed too much. I mean a good refurb is always needed but not so sure about changing the ride completely.