Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

bigrossco

check him out already over-towering lol

kind of looks good but still dont think it should be there
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

JelleP

Quote from: "bigrossco"check him out already over-towering lol

kind of looks good but still dont think it should be there
I'm still one of those persons who think it fits perfectly in Toon Studios.
I'm not saying it's really good, just that it fits into Toon Studios :thumbs:
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

bigrossco

that is true, but feel that the money could of been much better spent on even a bigger attraction rather than 3 smaller attractions
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

Anthony

Seeing Buzz there in reality, I'm almost won over. It is more of a draw than a generic robot would have been. As with the whole land though, it's going to take a lot of maintenance to keep this land looking shiny, plasticy and new. With so many outdoor props, let's hope it doesn't end up like Alice's Curious Labyrinth did, unless Euro Disney SCA have put those days behind them.

About Ratatouille: Personally the Parisian-themed area/ride in Disneyland Paris makes perfect sense to me. I'd guess that more visitors to DLP are foreign to Paris than visitors to DLR are foreign to California (obviously a much bigger state), so this area will allow them to get that taste of visiting Paris without leaving the resort. Not everyone takes the RER ride into the city. It should actually give the parks a good bit of local grounding - currently there's not a lot at DLP besides the language to show for the fact that you're just 30mins from Paris, which seems like a bit of a waste. Besides, this is the Ratatouille version of Paris, whereas the problem at DCA always looked not like the California theme itself but the cheap, tacky way it was executed in most places.

So much hope from one little wall. :)

TimmyTimmyTimmy

Buzz looks as stupid as TSPL to me.
Nothing can save the park now. Disney could sell it to who ever owns Six Flaggs.

Anthony

I'd rather have this Buzz than the one in Discoveryland.

luke85

Quote from: "Anthony"I'd rather have this Buzz than the one in Discoveryland.
Agreed!

Adam

Quote from: "Anthony"Seeing Buzz there in reality, I'm almost won over. It is more of a draw than a generic robot would have been. As with the whole land though, it's going to take a lot of maintenance to keep this land looking shiny, plasticy and new. With so many outdoor props, let's hope it doesn't end up like Alice's Curious Labyrinth did, unless Euro Disney SCA have put those days behind them.

Hopefully not. However, this year, it does seem that Disney have started to get the idea that they need to maintain their attractions and with Studio 1 and the extensive works in the Park, such as the castle bridge and the rides, I think one of the benefits of TSPL is that they have been able to spend time, effort and cost on refurbs. Hopefully, in the future, with a better economic background, they will be able to afford both new big rides and the important refurbs.

dagobert

Quote from: "Anthony"I'd rather have this Buzz than the one in Discoveryland.

I have to agree with you. I'm still angry on Disney that they put Buzz into Discoveryland. I like the ride, but in my opinion the whole Discoveryland theme is ruined. Buzz would fit so much better in the Studios.

I have to admit that Buzz doesn't look bad, but I'm still a member of the group which thinks TSPL doesn't fit into the Studios.

Quote from: "Adam"
Quote from: "Anthony"Seeing Buzz there in reality, I'm almost won over. It is more of a draw than a generic robot would have been. As with the whole land though, it's going to take a lot of maintenance to keep this land looking shiny, plasticy and new. With so many outdoor props, let's hope it doesn't end up like Alice's Curious Labyrinth did, unless Euro Disney SCA have put those days behind them.

Hopefully not. However, this year, it does seem that Disney have started to get the idea that they need to maintain their attractions and with Studio 1 and the extensive works in the Park, such as the castle bridge and the rides, I think one of the benefits of TSPL is that they have been able to spend time, effort and cost on refurbs. Hopefully, in the future, with a better economic background, they will be able to afford both new big rides and the important refurbs.

I really hope that these days are gone, but as long as some parts of the park, e.g. pirate ship, look so bad, I don't think these days are gone. Just because the Studio 1 facade looks great doesn't mean that the rest of the resort will look this way in the future. There has to be refurbishment going on every day to fix everything. I know that there is not enough money to do this, butI'm also sure Disney could save a lot of money if the could avoid these big refurbishment projects. So I think some constant TLC would keep the park cleaner and in a better shape.

Quote from: "bigrossco"that is true, but feel that the money could of been much better spent on even a bigger attraction rather than 3 smaller attractions

I totally agree with you. I know the park lacks rides for children, but in my opinion just Slinky Dog ZigZag is for children. So it would have been better to build something else instead of the parachute tower and RC Racer.

TimmyTimmyTimmy

Buzz in Discoveryland should be regarded as a crime and is from my point of view THE worst thing about DLP. This one atleast look as... colorfull as TSPL.

Martyn

Buzz looks awsome! Getting more and more excited about this now! It really is going to be like a big kids playground!yay!

tubbsy

Loving Buzz peaking over the top there! :lol:

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

mehdi5

At first i was a bit skeptical about the TSPL concept, but it looks great so far.

And for the people who don't think it fits with the studios, be glad they're not having it built in the main park like HKDL :P

CafeFantasia

One thing I want to say about Toy Story Playland. I think it's a mistake that they changed from having a massive Woody at the entrance, to a massive Buzz Lightyear. They should've stuck with Woody. He's more unique and hasn't been used as much.

Buzz Lightyear already features in his own ride Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast, with multiple Buzz Lightyear figures in the queue and during the ride. Plus there's already a larger-than-life Buzz Lightyear outside the ride's entrance in Discoveryland. I mean, how many large Buzz Lightyears does one resort need? If it carries on like this, Disney will start putting Buzz Lightyears outside the entrance of EVERY attraction  :D

Woody really would've made more sense. But I guess the decision was a marketing one. Buzz sells more toys than Woody.